ImageImageImage

AP will play

Moderator: Worm Guts

hermes
RealGM
And1: 24,561

Re: AP will play 

Post#21 » by hermes » Thu Oct 9, 2014 12:40 am

i thought i heard something about the lawyers wanting to try and get a different judge? that will surely slow things down won't it?
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 14,221

Post#22 » by Calinks » Sun Oct 12, 2014 10:22 pm

I just dont see the Vikings sticking with him. I guess we have to see how this resolves itself.
When luck shuts the door skill comes in through the window.
Twolf16
Rookie
And1: 89

Post#23 » by Twolf16 » Mon Oct 13, 2014 12:36 am

Would be nice to use some of his money to pick up a few key free agent players. Even if he comes back, he said the whole marijuana thing so he will probably be suspended for another six weeks anyways.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
Worm Guts
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 10,509

Post#24 » by Worm Guts » Mon Oct 13, 2014 12:52 am

Twolf16 wrote:Would be nice to use some of his money to pick up a few key free agent players. Even if he comes back, he said the whole marijuana thing so he will probably be suspended for another six weeks anyways.

Marijuana won't get him 6 weeks. It was 4 weeks for a first drug offense and I think they just reduced that. He could get a 6 week suspension for the child abuse whether he's found innocent or guilty, although he may get off with time served.
Twolf16
Rookie

Post#25 » by Twolf16 » Mon Oct 13, 2014 2:21 am

Worm Guts wrote:
Twolf16 wrote:Would be nice to use some of his money to pick up a few key free agent players. Even if he comes back, he said the whole marijuana thing so he will probably be suspended for another six weeks anyways.

Marijuana won't get him 6 weeks. It was 4 weeks for a first drug offense and I think they just reduced that. He could get a 6 week suspension for the child abuse whether he's found innocent or guilty, although he may get off with time served.

Ahh, thanks for that clarification. Either way, not sure I see him in a Vikings uniform if he comes back, unless it's next year.

Otis
Analyst
And1: 35

Post#26 » by Otis » Wed Nov 5, 2014 7:13 pm

Fine him for the amount he made serving what suspension they deem he has already served and give him his locker! Make him the NFL spokesperson against corporal punishment. He screwed up! But so have presidents!
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,792

Post#27 » by Klomp » Tue Nov 18, 2014 2:06 pm

Suspended without pay through at least 4/15/15. NFLPA has already announced they will appeal.
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
Worm Guts
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves

Post#28 » by Worm Guts » Tue Nov 18, 2014 2:47 pm

Oof
The J Rocka
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,730

Post#29 » by The J Rocka » Tue Nov 18, 2014 7:30 pm

NFL making an example out of him. I thought all of this was handled poorly by the NFL.
Twolf16
Rookie

Post#30 » by Twolf16 » Tue Nov 18, 2014 8:56 pm

Cut Peterson. Sign Demarco Murray and draft a left tackle. Or draft Melvin Gordon, and then a left tackle. Use leftover money to upgrade at least 2 positions.

Worm Guts
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves

Post#31 » by Worm Guts » Tue Nov 18, 2014 11:19 pm

I'd still prefer to keep Peterson. If we can't, then spend the money on the offensive line, draft Amari Cooper in the first and a complement for McKinnon in the middle of the draft. Maybe Abdullah in the 2nd or even Cobb in like the 5th.
hermes
RealGM

Post#32 » by hermes » Thu Nov 20, 2014 2:59 am

this just popped into my head but goodell is going adam sutler from v for vendetta on us
about :40 is the key part
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mXb_rNyknEU[/youtube]
Worm Guts
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves

Post#33 » by Worm Guts » Mon Feb 23, 2015 3:30 pm

I've got to say, I'm feeling pretty negative about AP's most recent comments. I'm usually pretty forgiving when it comes to my sports heroes, but Peterson is coming off as completely oblivious.
guest81
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,461

Post#34 » by guest81 » Mon Feb 23, 2015 10:21 pm

Worm Guts wrote:I've got to say, I'm feeling pretty negative about AP's most recent comments. I'm usually pretty forgiving when it comes to my sports heroes, but Peterson is coming off as completely oblivious.

to be honest, this was probably what the road was going to hold regardless. No way can the Vikings allow AP to stay at his cap number even if he played last year, and AP is too prideful to think he needs to take a paycut. This is going to help the Vikings PR wise by saying all the right things, then end up releasing him. I just hope the Vikings spend that cap space well, I actually don't think we need a big time RB or even draft one
hermes
RealGM

Post#35 » by hermes » Mon Feb 23, 2015 11:47 pm

what the heck is his agent thinking? yikes, what a mess
hermes
RealGM

Post#36 » by hermes » Mon Feb 23, 2015 11:58 pm

guest81 wrote:
Worm Guts wrote:I've got to say, I'm feeling pretty negative about AP's most recent comments. I'm usually pretty forgiving when it comes to my sports heroes, but Peterson is coming off as completely oblivious.

to be honest, this was probably what the road was going to hold regardless. No way can the Vikings allow AP to stay at his cap number even if he played last year, and AP is too prideful to think he needs to take a paycut. This is going to help the Vikings PR wise by saying all the right things, then end up releasing him. I just hope the Vikings spend that cap space well, I actually don't think we need a big time RB or even draft one

i don't know about that, the vikes have managed their cap well and had to have thought about the future of paying him that kind of money, this hasn't really snuck up on them. i mean if ap had played the whole year (with no distractions) and ran for 1,700 yards and a dozen tds how much do people consider this? sure there will be some who bring it up but it would hardly be the consensus or the deciding factor in bringing him back

they let jared allen finish out his deal (for more money), while they were also paying ap. they certainly can afford to go through this year paying him what's he's owed. i know they don't want to but it is what it is. i hope things can smooth over though, i hate having distractions hang over teams and if ap doesn't want to be here but is then next season is going to be a mess
Worm Guts
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves

Post#37 » by Worm Guts » Tue Feb 24, 2015 12:04 am

I don't think we had to cut him, I think we will now. I do think we need another running back, even if it's just a 4th round pick.
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 14,221

Post#38 » by Calinks » Tue Feb 24, 2015 8:48 pm

Basically the team and the NFL were scared to death of the allegations. Especially with the environment that was going on at the time. Of course the Vikings still wanted Peterson but they felt they had to distant themselves. He became a pariah. Of course, as these things tend to go, a little bit of time passes by and people start to forget, don't care, and suddenly Peterson seems touchable again. The vikings want him back but he probably has had Jones and others in his ear talking about how he isn't appreciated, how his team didn't stand by him, (and they didn't fro the reasons above). Peterson is pissed, feels like he got thrown under the bus and wants out.

Before it was a question of the vikings having to dump him but already it has turned around and now its him dumping the vikings. Either way we lose out on a hall of fame back, some team like the cowboys gets to bring him in for the redemption story, probably at a discount. He is super motivated and coming of a year of rest and will probably have a monster season. In the end he gets to be bigger than ever for another season, he gets the redemption story, the vikings get shafted. Cowboys or whoever profits.
When luck shuts the door skill comes in through the window.
Worm Guts
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves

Post#39 » by Worm Guts » Thu Feb 26, 2015 7:13 pm

AP's been reinstated.
hermes
RealGM

Post#40 » by hermes » Thu Feb 26, 2015 11:49 pm

at least the team can talk with him now. i wonder if he really doesn't want to play here anymore - i'm sure the team doesn't want that hanging over the team especially when they hope to make some strides. trouble is they aren't likely to get the value they want back in a trade and who knows what either side wants on the contract situation

my thing is that ap is probably going to be running mad and hard next year which could mean a huge year and i'd just as soon have him on the team if he's going to do that instead of somewhere else or against us

Return to Minnesota Vikings