ImageImageImage

vikings @ packers 7:25pm - Thursday Night Football

Moderator: Worm Guts

Twolf16
Rookie
And1: 89

Re: vikings @ packers 7:25pm - Thursday Night Football 

Post#81 » by Twolf16 » Fri Oct 3, 2014 3:47 pm

Hopefully this result turns into something good. If we beat the Lions, we could definitely go 4-0 on our next 4 games. Very possible.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
hermes
RealGM
And1: 24,568

Post#82 » by hermes » Sat Oct 4, 2014 3:32 pm

detroit is going to be a tough game, the lions seem to have gotten their act together finally (and are playing some defense)
hermes
RealGM
And1: 24,568

Post#83 » by hermes » Sat Oct 4, 2014 3:36 pm

Worm Guts wrote:I think we really made a mistake not getting the ball into Patterson's hands more. With Ponder at QB, we needed to get the ball in the hands of someone who could make explosive plays.
The defense wasn't good, but it wasn't as bad as it looked. We just gave GB too many possessions because we couldn't maintain a drive of our own. GB punted 5 times in the first half, but still had 28 points. We've got to find a way to keep teams out of the end zone. Over the last two weeks, teams have scored 10 Td's with no field goals.

from what i've heard it seems to be coming down to a matter of what the defenses are giving us. i guess every time it looks like a patterson running play there are three guys that shift over with him. so i guess teams are selling out on patterson as being the only guy who can really hurt them on a consistent basis and seeing what else the vikings can come up with - which hasn't been much
The J Rocka
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,730

Post#84 » by The J Rocka » Sun Oct 5, 2014 11:41 pm

CP would've had a killer year had Peterson been playing.

Think it's a mix of the opposing defenses completely focused to shut him down, play calling not in his favor, and Patterson himself for not rising above and trying to make things happen.
Worm Guts
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 10,528

Post#85 » by Worm Guts » Mon Oct 6, 2014 2:32 pm

Patterson seemed to do pretty well at the end of last season when Peterson was out. It's just frustrating when nothing is working and we don't even try a handoff or bubble screen to Patterson.
Twolf16
Rookie
And1: 89

Post#86 » by Twolf16 » Mon Oct 6, 2014 9:03 pm

Ya I have no idea how Patterson hasn't had at least 2 handoffs a game, especially after that first game.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums

Return to Minnesota Vikings