week 16: giants at vikings, sunday night

Moderators: Worm Guts, Klomp

hermes
RealGM
And1: 19,411

week 16: giants at vikings, sunday night 

Post#1 » by hermes » Thu Dec 24, 2015 12:00 am

giants (6-8) @ vikings (9-5)

vikings could already be in the playoffs by the time the game starts (and the giants could have lost the division to washington as well), so there might not be a lot on the line (especially if the packers lose)

would be good to get the win though. keep teddy upright!

go vikings! :clap:
doovalacky

it's not about what you did, it's what other people say about how you said you felt about doing it
Worm Guts
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 2,263

Re: week 16: giants at vikings, sunday night 

Post#2 » by Worm Guts » Mon Dec 28, 2015 4:36 am

Now that's how you clinch a playoff berth. The playoff opportunities are pretty interesting. If we win next week, we get a home game against Seattle. If we lose it's a road game against Green Bay or Washington.
I think you have to try to win, but you can make an argument we're better off losing.
hermes
RealGM

Post#3 » by hermes » Mon Dec 28, 2015 11:50 pm

playoffs!!!
doovalacky

it's not about what you did, it's what other people say about how you said you felt about doing it
hermes
RealGM

Post#4 » by hermes » Mon Dec 28, 2015 11:59 pm

i know it might be better if we lose but i'd rather we win (and face seattle) than trying to lose for a better shop

losing intentionally for a better matchup is probably bad karma or something - i don't have any evidence for it not working out for teams that try it but i imagine it doesn't bode well, cosmically
doovalacky

Worm Guts
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 2,263

Post#5 » by Worm Guts » Tue Dec 29, 2015 2:04 pm

I have to admit, I was a little worried when Carolina and Seattle lost. I expected the Vikings to have a playoff spot clinched going into Sunday night and I was looking forward to a game that I didn't need to stress about. Luckily the game ended up not being very stressful anyway.

Return to Minnesota Vikings