ImageImageImageImage

Superbowl XLIX: Patriots vs Legion of Boom

Moderator: Parliament10

OldCeltics
Veteran
And1: 2,731

Superbowl XLIX: Patriots vs Legion of Boom 

Post#1 » by OldCeltics » Mon Jan 19, 2015 3:30 pm

NFL.com Analyzing super bowl: http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-super-bow ... wl-matchup
NFL.com 7 storylines: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... -bowl-xlix
USA Today 5 Key things: http://ftw.usatoday.com/2015/01/five-ke ... s-patriots
ESPN Quick take: http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/ ... seahawks-2
Yahoo news 5 biggest story lines: http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutd ... 25861.html

Storylines:

Pete Carrol vs Bellichek
Sherman vs Revis
Browner vs Legion of Boom
Brady vs Wilson
Blount vs Lynch

Please post other interest articles & predictions?
KamikazeK
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,756

Re: Superbowl XLIX: Patriots vs Legion of Boom 

Post#2 » by KamikazeK » Mon Jan 19, 2015 4:38 pm

This should be a really good game. I'm looking forward to it for sure.
15th overall
RealGM
And1: 5,853

Post#3 » by 15th overall » Mon Jan 19, 2015 4:49 pm

I really wanna be able to throw that "U mad, bro???" thing right back in that clown Sherman's face. Effing hate that guy.
"[Brad Stevens] was just cool. He's always, always super cool." -- Stanley Johnson
KJandHondo35
Sixth Man
And1: 1,259

Post#4 » by KJandHondo35 » Mon Jan 19, 2015 4:54 pm

BannersOnly
Starter
And1: 1,676

Post#5 » by BannersOnly » Mon Jan 19, 2015 5:30 pm

Pats are going to get that azz in 2 weeks. Seattle hasn't face a balanced team like the Pats all season. If they contain Lynch then Seattle's offense is going to struggle. Wilson can certainly scramble and keep the chains moving but he will really struggle when forced to throw downfield because of the Pats secondary. Meanwhile, the Pats use a lot of motion on offense to get guys open. Seattle's secondary is the best in the business but they can be passed on if the Pats continue to use the underneath stuff and hit the occasional Gronk down the middle. Watch the tape from the 2012 game in Seattle. Seattle was 2 years younger but has almost all of the same pieces on defense. Brady put up 475 total yards of offense and the defense gagged away a 23-10 4th qtr lead to lose 24-23 in Seattle. Lynch only had 41 yards that game. On a neutral field, if the Pats play from ahead and not from behind then they will win this game going away.

Pats 30
Seattle 20

Yes, a double figure victory and the Pats WILL put up 30 points on this defense. Remember who told you first.
LobCityRondo2KG
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,070

Post#6 » by LobCityRondo2KG » Mon Jan 19, 2015 6:30 pm

pumped! roommate is a hawks fan.. We have already started the Sh*t talking.. Will be a brutal two weeks to wait
LarryBirdsFingr
RealGM
And1: 18,455

Post#7 » by LarryBirdsFingr » Mon Jan 19, 2015 6:44 pm

Vince Wilfork run defense is single most important thing, I'm confident in revis and browner in the corners.
I don't believe in statistics. There are too many factors that can't be measured. You can't measure a ballplayer's heart. -Red Auerbach

Marcus Smart is an underrated shooter
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
FlatearthZorro
RealGM
And1: 11,904

Post#8 » by FlatearthZorro » Mon Jan 19, 2015 6:51 pm

If the Pats can stop Lynch, this game would be easy for them. This and Brady not throwing stupid passes to the other team, u need to limit ur TOs agains the Hawks. Other than that, I think they can handle Wilson and Sherman seems to be injured.

I hope the Pats smash them.

Cheers.
Good assessment:

PLO wrote:Tatum played OK - took advantage of a few mismatches - decent on the defensive end. He is what we thought he was going into the season - a technically very proficient player operating close to his career ceiling as a rookie.
Bad-Thoma
Head Coach
And1: 9,025

Post#9 » by Bad-Thoma » Mon Jan 19, 2015 7:16 pm

The best vs. the best. What more can you ask for in a Superbowl? My key to the game is the Patriot's offensive line. Give Brady time to throw and receivers time to get open. Anything we can get out of the running game will be a +, but that won't be easy against Seattle. Seattle will be able to move the ball with Lynch, but red-zone defense will have them kicking field goals rather than scoring touchdowns.

Prediction: Gronk hoists the Superbowl MVP trophy. Seattle wasn't that strong against tight ends compared to the rest of the skill positions, and they haven't faced Gronk.
CeltsfanSinceBirth
RealGM
And1: 34,836

Post#10 » by CeltsfanSinceBirth » Mon Jan 19, 2015 7:46 pm

As a Niners fan, nothing would tickle my soul more than to see the Patriots beat the Seahawks. I can't stand Sherman. Go Pats!
ParticleMan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,694

Post#11 » by ParticleMan » Mon Jan 19, 2015 7:54 pm

very scary game for the pats. the other "one team" i didn't want to face, after the ravens. they are better than the ravens and present some of the same problems. Oline is the key, they aren't going to manhandle the seahawks like they did the colts, but they have to give TB some time. this is the sort of game that can turn on a special teams play or a bad turnover.
Powe-Fessional
Junior
And1: 490

Post#12 » by Powe-Fessional » Mon Jan 19, 2015 8:02 pm

Was at the game yesterday. What a spectacle. Part of me wanted a closer game, but part of me loved telling everyone in my section that the game was over after 14-0. Could have been the booze talking, but in retrospect looked like I was right.

This was the best part of last night, slightly ahead of the Solder TD. It was the loudest Gillette got all night.

Another funny part about last night was the eligible/ineligible stuff. Every time it was announced people went crazy.

Survey everyone in the parking lot last night, none of us wanted to play Seattle. The defense is tremendous. I think they can be beat, but my word are they impressive. Kam Chancellor I think can handle Gronk just about as well as anyone in the NFL IMO. Earl Thomas is terrific. Everyone's hurt at this point so this could really go a number of different ways.
Stadium5
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,556

Post#13 » by Stadium5 » Mon Jan 19, 2015 8:04 pm

Bad-Thoma wrote:The best vs. the best. What more can you ask for in a Superbowl? My key to the game is the Patriot's offensive line. Give Brady time to throw and receivers time to get open. Anything we can get out of the running game will be a +, but that won't be easy against Seattle. Seattle will be able to move the ball with Lynch, but red-zone defense will have them kicking field goals rather than scoring touchdowns.

Prediction: Gronk hoists the Superbowl MVP trophy. Seattle wasn't that strong against tight ends compared to the rest of the skill positions, and they haven't faced Gronk.

Agreed.

I think Chancellor will meet his day of reckoning when it comes to Gronk
truth18
RealGM
And1: 42,830

Post#14 » by truth18 » Mon Jan 19, 2015 8:06 pm

I'm just glad we made it to another Superbowl. Really proud of our squad, especially Blount and Edelman, and Brady is just an immense, undeniable legend of the game having reached another.

Last two Superbowls were traumatic for me, so I'm just looking forward to a great game where we play hard. Seahawks are a great team and will bring their A game after today. Not a sure thing for either team.

So proud to be from New England.
YOU LOSE
soxfan2003
RealGM
And1: 4,178

Post#15 » by soxfan2003 » Mon Jan 19, 2015 8:28 pm

Seattle is damn good so I was hoping for Green Bay who I think the Patriots would beat on a neutral field even though I feel Aaron Rodgers is the best QB and MVP of the NFL. Anytime you have the defense to survive the offense uncharacteristically turning the ball over repeatedly and doing nothing for the majority of the game and still are in position to get lucky in the end, it is impressive.

We saw what Seattle did to high powered Denver and Manning last year and under the circumstances yesterday, their defense did very well against Green Bay as well. And like it or not this year's Brady is somewhat similar to last years Manning. Denver had a more high powered offense. Other than 1 or 2 throws, I do not even think Manning played that bad in last year's super bowl... His first pick was a throw that should not have been made to a receiver that was blanketed and his other pick was just a credit to the Seattle pass rush for getting to him really very early and interfering with his throw. His receivers were just not that open and they seemed a little bit overpowered if not intimidated by Seattle's secondary

I do think the Patriots have the toughness to not be intimidated but the Seahawks defense is #1 in the NFL for 3 straight seasons for a reason.

I won't pick a winner in this game -- obviously hoping for the Patriots and I think they are fully capable of winning it -- but I think it is vitally important that Brady and the receivers/running backs not have costly bad plays that make it easier for the Seattle offense. Prevent the Seattle defense from scoring and make the Seahawks offense earn every point and I think the Patriots have a good shot at winning.

Seattle is more than good enough to take Gronk out of the game if they prioritize doing so so the other receivers will have to play really well.
FlatearthZorro
RealGM
And1: 11,904

Post#16 » by FlatearthZorro » Mon Jan 19, 2015 10:33 pm

ParticleMan wrote:very scary game for the pats. the other "one team" i didn't want to face, after the ravens. they are better than the ravens and present some of the same problems. Oline is the key, they aren't going to manhandle the seahawks like they did the colts, but they have to give TB some time. this is the sort of game that can turn on a special teams play or a bad turnover.

I don't understand american football as much as you guys do, but to me, the Hawks are slightly better defensively(mostly the secondary) and better at running the ball. Flacco, imo>>>>>Wilson, Russell can run it, but he doesn't have the arm that Flacco has. For all the hate he gets, Flacco is a pretty darn good QB. Wilson is a lot more ceciptible to INTs than Flacco is and he definitely can't throw it the way Flacco can.

If the Pats stop the run, they wont have any problems with the Hawks offense, imo.
Good assessment:

PLO wrote:Tatum played OK - took advantage of a few mismatches - decent on the defensive end. He is what we thought he was going into the season - a technically very proficient player operating close to his career ceiling as a rookie.
OldCeltics
Veteran
And1: 2,731

Post#17 » by OldCeltics » Tue Jan 20, 2015 3:48 pm

Mods, please sticky this thread. This is the biggest news in Boston right now..
GuyClinch
RealGM
And1: 1,478

Post#18 » by GuyClinch » Tue Jan 20, 2015 9:02 pm

I hope the NFL rules on ballghazi. I think the colts should be punished for these accusations.. It's not even credible. A deflated ball might be easier to catch but it does not spiral as well.
truth18
RealGM
And1: 42,830

Post#19 » by truth18 » Tue Jan 20, 2015 9:26 pm

OldCeltics wrote:Mods, please sticky this thread. This is the biggest news in Boston right now..

They can't I don't think. This is a Patriots forum thread originally
YOU LOSE
KGboss
RealGM
And1: 10,097

Re: Re: Superbowl XLIX: Patriots vs Legion of Boom 

Post#20 » by KGboss » Wed Jan 21, 2015 5:18 am

GuyClinch wrote:I hope the NFL rules on ballghazi. I think the colts should be punished for these accusations.. It's not even credible. A deflated ball might be easier to catch but it does not spiral as well.
They are saying it's true now but still a lot of mystery around it the balls were replaced at halftime and the pats still stomped them for 45 points.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using RealGM Forums mobile app

Return to New England Patriots