League investigation found eleven of twelve footballs were under-inflated

Moderator: Parliament10

Geoffrey P
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 521

Re: League investigation found eleven of twelve footballs were under-inflated 

Post#21 » by Geoffrey P » Thu Feb 5, 2015 12:57 am

I think the league owes the Patriots a big apology. Many scientists have debunked this whole thing and even then 11 of the 12 balls were hardly under-inflated. If you're gonna call them out make sure you have your crap straight, because they sure as hell didn't.
campybatman
Lead Assistant
And1: 185

Re: League investigation found eleven of twelve footballs were under-inflated 

Post#22 » by campybatman » Sat Feb 7, 2015 9:29 am

I'm calling out Jerry Rice...

First, the only rice that I care about is the bowl of brown rice that I eat. Second, I don't appreciate when a former star player is blatantly piggybacking off the success of the New England Patriots by using their name to get his name back out there. See, this is what somebody does who's irrelevant that wants attention now that he or she is no longer relevant in the news. In other words, he's an opportunist. Who asked you for your two cents? My last memory of you was of a player who couldn't walk away from his sport when it was time to walk away from the sport. Now, you want to call out New England? For what? What do they've to do with you? Oh, wait... Weren't you a starting wide receiver for the Oakland Raiders? Weren't you a starting wide receiver for the Oakland Raiders that lost in the AFC divisional game against the New England Patriots in 2002? Weren't you a starting wide receiver for the Oakland Raiders that lost in the AFC divisional game against the New England Patriots in 2002 that's infamous for the tuck rule controversy?

Well, I must care enough to acknowledge someone who's obviously bitter toward another NFL franchise. Hey, why don't you bring up about your former Oakland teammate, Bill Romanowski, and his admission to using steroids during the years of 2001 to 2003? The infamous Tuck Rule game happened during the 2001 season. So, when it pertains to you and/or your team, you've no recollection or you've selective memory.

Jerry Rice and Joe Montana and others need to get over themselves, you aren't important anymore.

Stickum and other adhesives were banned by the NFL in 1981. Rice played in the league from 1985 to 2004. So if Rice used stickum, it wasn't a "little illegal," it was all illegal.

Even worse for Rice is what he said next, "I've always wanted to do things the right way," Rice said. "I didn't want to take any short cuts or anything like that."

Sure, Jerry.

I don't personally think there needs to be an asterisk next to anyone's Super Bowl title (Patriots or 49ers), but if the NFL wants to strip away Rice's Super Bowl XXIII MVP award and give it to my dad, I'd be fine with that.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-foo ... s-cheaters

Return to New England Patriots