ImageImageImageImage

Revis Appreciation Thread

Moderator: Parliament10

truth18
RealGM
And1: 42,830

Revis Appreciation Thread 

Post#1 » by truth18 » Wed Mar 11, 2015 1:38 am

Well, that was short lived. Can't say I didn't see it coming though.

**** the Jets.
YOU LOSE
sully00
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,716

Re: Revis Appreciation Thread 

Post#2 » by sully00 » Wed Mar 11, 2015 2:28 am

I am disgusted. I can't invest in this team. How it works out doesn't even matter. I could care less about either side it is like it didn't even happen. Hope Revis enjoys winning 5 games and getting waived or traded in a year and I hope Kraft enjoys his division title screw them both.
Geoffrey P
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 521

Post#3 » by Geoffrey P » Wed Mar 11, 2015 3:31 am

That's how I feel too. This penny pinching pisses me off the most about the team. Revis is one of the very few guys in the league that you should go all out for and I don't see why they didn't. He transformed that secondary and now it's going to go back to **** and we all know it. I do not understand this team and the moves at all and all I can say is that I hope they're going to spend some money (wishful thinking) on someone other than McCourty because that doesn't give me a warm fuzzy feeling inside.

But it also takes two to tango. Why Revis would go back to the dysfunctional Jets besides money is beyond me. His Twitter is all about "coming home" but what a load of crap that is.
cl2117
General Manager
And1: 6,993

Post#4 » by cl2117 » Wed Mar 11, 2015 12:46 pm

I'm reserving judgement until I see what other moves they make. That was only day one.

A little concerned they let Browner become a free agent AND lost Revis. I thought letting Browner test the market was so that they could go even higher to get Revis, but I guess not.

I hold no animosity towards Revis, go get paid good sir. Their careers are too short and the injury risks too high for them not to chase dollars. I don't think any less of a guy who goes and gets paid instead of taking less money to be in a better winning situation. That being said while I don't think less of guys like Revis, I have major respect for those players that do leave money on the table so that they can be in a winning atmosphere.

We're not talking chump change here, we're talking millions of dollars. Millions. Sad to see him go, but I hold no animosity.

As for Kraft and the Pats organization, lets see what they can do now that they've lost Revis, Vereen and potentially Browner. I think McCourty was a much needed resigning, but a lot of work needs to be done and a lot of the big names are already off the market. Bottom line is teams are getting better right now and we are getting worse, put some work in Bill, get us some talent to fill these holes!
UHar_Vinnie wrote:If you don't lean forward while hugging a dude, you are gonna have a wiener touching incident. You know this.
Parliament10
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 53,806

Post#5 » by Parliament10 » Wed Mar 11, 2015 11:12 pm

Well. That's it. We just blew our chances of winning.

Hopefully they do, do something positive. -- This, was a Dumbo Move, though.
"You have to put the work in.
Nothing is given."

~ Jayson Tatum

Return to New England Patriots