Moderators: pacers33granger, boomershadow, Grang33r, pacerfan, Jake0890

Jake0890
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers
And1: 807

Re: 2012/13 Random Trade Thoughts 

Post#201 » by Jake0890 » Tue Dec 25, 2012 2:20 pm

jarryd3107 wrote:
Grang33r wrote:Not a trade idea, but i see Washington has signed Shelvin Mack again, whom they cut prior to the season. Why didn't the Pacers try to sign him? No way he's worse then Ben Hansbrough.

I thought the same thing when I saw the headline. I think Ben Hansbrough has been terrible, surely cutting him before Jan. 1 and giving Mack a shot could've been worth the gamble? Guess not.

I think the main point of replacing Augustin with Hansbrough in the lineup was that Vogel was trying to get Augustin to work harder and get him to play like he did in Charlotte, much better than how he is playing now.
Grang33r
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers
And1: 400

Post#202 » by Grang33r » Fri Dec 28, 2012 7:30 am

Jake0890 wrote:
jarryd3107 wrote:
Grang33r wrote:Not a trade idea, but i see Washington has signed Shelvin Mack again, whom they cut prior to the season. Why didn't the Pacers try to sign him? No way he's worse then Ben Hansbrough.

I thought the same thing when I saw the headline. I think Ben Hansbrough has been terrible, surely cutting him before Jan. 1 and giving Mack a shot could've been worth the gamble? Guess not.

I think the main point of replacing Augustin with Hansbrough in the lineup was that Vogel was trying to get Augustin to work harder and get him to play like he did in Charlotte, much better than how he is playing now.

Well, Augustin has always been a bad professional basketball player from a statistical standpoint. By signing him, i think the Pacers tried to catch lightning in a bottle so to say. Now 28 games into the season, I think the Pacers need to realize they didn't. It was a good, cheap, gamble, but now that it's failed, they need to cut their loses and find someone else. Before they get desperate and make a bigger trade and overpay for a depth player, i think it'd be wise to bring in some guys for looks.

Mack had a real solid debut for the Wiz... 6 points, 7 assists, 6 boards, 3 turnovers. In comparison, Augustin has scored 6+ points just 4 times this season, and had 7+ assists just ONCE.... in 23 games played.
The first rule of Basketball: Believe.
Follow on twitter @Grang33r
NewWolvesOrder
Head Coach
And1: 1,262

Post#203 » by NewWolvesOrder » Tue Jan 1, 2013 3:56 pm

How about offseason Love for George swap?
Jake0890
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers

Post#204 » by Jake0890 » Wed Jan 2, 2013 2:16 pm

There's been some talk that Indiana should consider trading Danny Granger, however Mike Wells of The Indianapolis Star thinks that would not be a wise decision.

Wells writes: "It's ludicrous to think the Pacers need to trade Granger now that Paul George has finally taken off. Every elite team has multiple players who can take over a game. The Pacers need that, too. Granger's presence on the court will help open up things for the other four players. ... A healthy Granger likely means a Central Division title and home court in the first round of the playoffs."

The Pacers are expecting Granger, a free agent in 2014, to return from his right knee injury in late January to early February.

I agree with Wells here. I think if we can keep Granger and re-sign West to keep our starting lineup intact, we can really do some damage in the playoffs.
basketballwacko2
RealGM
And1: 3,914

Post#205 » by basketballwacko2 » Thu Jan 3, 2013 2:20 pm

I don't expect Danny to be on the roster next season. His $14 million is just a bit much. Depending on how his knee issue goes he could be traded at the dead line next month. If he comes back and and looks good, I could see us making a move. But if we are doing real well we might just say, 'why mess with it if it's working." But even if we keep Granger til the end of the season I can see a deal going down at the or about the deaft. With Houston being one of the teams we might deal with.
basketballwacko2
RealGM
And1: 3,914

Post#206 » by basketballwacko2 » Thu Jan 3, 2013 2:24 pm

Jake0890 wrote:

Well did you notice DJ has played much better the last 2 games filling in for Hill? I wonder if a deal might be in teh works with Utah? With Mo Williams out seval weeks with thumb surgery. :o
Jake0890
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers

Post#207 » by Jake0890 » Thu Jan 3, 2013 2:44 pm

If we move DJ, we're down a backup PG, and he's only on a one year deal, so I think the Pacers want to ride his contract out and see whether it's worth re-signing him or not. Plus Utah has a 15 man roster already, so they'd have to cut someone. They said they were going to stand pat.

And I really think we need to keep Granger. If George keeps up this level of play when he returns, and West continues to dominant inside, I think we're the 2nd seed in the East, easy. I can't imagine who we'd get in return that makes more sense than Granger. Why mess with something if it's working? We saw how bad we played early in the year with all the new players, let's not move the face of our franchise for the past few years just to do it. I don't see a reason in moving him.
frizzledizzle
Sixth Man
And1: 130

Post#208 » by frizzledizzle » Mon Jan 7, 2013 3:09 am

So I'll just throw an idea out that is completely off the wall, everybody will most likely hate and will never happen. I'm really bored though :)

I'm the last person that wants to trade Granger but with him in his final year and recent injury, and West coming off the books/aging what if we traded Granger for whatever we could get while opening as much cap space as possible. Thus, we can sign Milsap in place of West who is only going to turn 28 in February and Mayo who just turned 25 and is obviously going to opt out of his contract of 4 million dollars. He's had an insane season so far averaging 18.4pts 3.7asts 3.6rebs 1.3stls on 46.1% from the field and 44.6% from downtown. He's making 2.3/5.2 3's per game.

Roy Hibbert, Iah Mahinimi
Paul Milsap
Paul George, Gerald Green
O.J. Mayo, Lance Stephenson
George Hill

I would, love, love, love a roster like that! I wish.

Might have do some kind of sign and trade with Granger to get both Mayo/Milsap on roster. Might also have to bring Mayo off the bench as both the SG/PG. Mayo and Stephenson can both play the point but the question in, would you want them to?
Jake0890
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers

Post#209 » by Jake0890 » Mon Jan 7, 2013 3:48 am

I really do think we need to pursue Mayo, but if at all possible I'd like to re-sign West to back up and "mentor" Millsap, while letting Hansbrough go. Also, we would need a backup PG, so possibly just re-sign Augustin, if he keeps his recent level of play up. I also want Green gone. He's been no help to us, and has regressed to the point of being worthless. We need to move him to get a better player before his stock drops even more.
ferk
Starter
And1: 689

Post#210 » by ferk » Tue Jan 8, 2013 2:00 am

ZBO , Allen, Hamid for granger , expirings and a pick or two?

Hill,Allen,George,zbo,hibbert
Looks solid to me as a Memphis fan but I could be wayyy off?
chube
Bench Warmer
And1: 51

Post#211 » by chube » Tue Jan 8, 2013 7:16 am

Not horrible, but the Pacers are having trouble on offense consistently. And getting rid of a soon-to-be-healthy Granger (who loves playing in Indy) and replacing him with Tony Allen in the starting lineup would be a step backwards offensively. If our team also lacked defense, I'd be more up for bringing in Allen. But we're elite in the NBA defensively already.

Also, even though Randolph has had a heck of a career rejuvenation since landing in Memphis, I much prefer David West and his combo of scoring, rebounding, toughness and veteran leadership. (Considering Z-Bo has had brushes with Indy law enforcement in the past, would coming back home actually be bad for him? Who knows.)

And finally, Tony Allen, in theory, could be had in the summer without giving up anything since he'll be a UFA. Personally, I'd prefer to roll the dice on the upcoming cap space this summer and re-sign West.

Nice attempt though. I like the Grizzlies and they have a lot of nice pieces.
Edub
Veteran
And1: 0

Post#212 » by Edub » Wed Jan 9, 2013 5:59 am

Believe we can offer the Griz more for Gay than the Suns. Thoughts? I'd be willing to do Granger + pick straight up for Gay....
Yo Mammy Boi
Jake0890
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers

Post#213 » by Jake0890 » Wed Jan 9, 2013 12:11 pm

Edub wrote:Believe we can offer the Griz more for Gay than the Suns. Thoughts? I'd be willing to do Granger + pick straight up for Gay....

I think Granger is better than Gay. And they play very much alike, so I'm not sure what either the Griz or us would get out of the trade. The Griz especially want cap space, and Granger doesn't give them that.
pacers33granger
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers
And1: 6,579

Post#214 » by pacers33granger » Wed Jan 9, 2013 10:03 pm

Jake0890 wrote:
Edub wrote:Believe we can offer the Griz more for Gay than the Suns. Thoughts? I'd be willing to do Granger + pick straight up for Gay....

I think Granger is better than Gay. And they play very much alike, so I'm not sure what either the Griz or us would get out of the trade. The Griz especially want cap space, and Granger doesn't give them that.

We could easily make a deal where they save enough since Granger makes a few mil less than Gay I believe. Add in a Speights for Hansbrough swap or something along those lines and they save a bit more plus get an expiring and useful player. I wouldn't do it, but I could see why the Grizz would be interested in a Granger-Gay deal.
Jake0890
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers

Post#215 » by Jake0890 » Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:19 am

Maybe we could get Jordan Hill by the deadline. Possibly Hansbrough + pick for Hill? Hill is an offensive rebounding machine and I think he has the potential to be a great player in the NBA, and it doesn't hurt to have the leadership of David West to play with.
pacers33granger
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers

Post#216 » by pacers33granger » Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:42 am

I'd like to have Jordan Hill, but I'm not sure the Lakers do it unless they get more immediate help. Hill can play backup center for them, whereas Hansbrough can't really and a pick doesn't help this this season. Maybe if we threw in a Gerald Green for Duhon or something rather than the pick swap, which I wouldn't be a fan of.
Train7492
Junior
And1: 4

Post#217 » by Train7492 » Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:31 pm

Sitting around just looking at the board and was wondering if Pacers would be interested in getting in on the Gay trade. I know that we would not be interested in Gay himself because of the money but could we be the 3rd team since they are wanting to compete still. Granger if he is going to be back before deadline would be a guy I would think they would want to target. With him they still compete and can get under the tax. Flip Gay to either Toronto or Golden State maybe. Toronto would be sending something along the lines of Calderon, Ross, Kleiza, which we might have to throw in DJ. Golden State would have to send something like this to get me to thing about it Barnes, Jack, Jefferson, again DJ would have to be included. I do like Granger but if we could get a young guy like a Ross, Barnes do we have to thing about it? I like Barnes myself.
pacers33granger
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers

Post#218 » by pacers33granger » Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:50 pm

I am a huge fan of the Granger and filler for Calderon and Ross deal where the Raptors get Gay. Not sure it would happen, but it's the best, most feasible Granger deal I've seen.
Jake0890
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers

Post#219 » by Jake0890 » Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:38 pm

pacers33granger wrote:I am a huge fan of the Granger and filler for Calderon and Ross deal where the Raptors get Gay. Not sure it would happen, but it's the best, most feasible Granger deal I've seen.

If we did this, I think Augustin would be the filler so we don't end up having Hill, Hansbrough, Augustin, and Calderon fighting for PG minutes. I've never been a fan of Calderon, and Ross has been impressive, but I still think Granger fits well with our roster. If Granger is gone, we have to either start Stephenson or Ross, and Granger is definitely better than either of those guys.

Until we see that Granger isn't what he used to be, or just doesn't want to be in Indy, I see no reason to trade him.
pacers33granger
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers

Post#220 » by pacers33granger » Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:28 pm

I don't see a reason to trade him either, but if he is dealt, that Raptors deal would be something I would be a fan of. There could be other pieces too like picks or prospects that tilts the deal more in our favor.

Ross has looked good and would fit in with the roster I think and would give us a scoring option off the bench.

Calderon gives us a true playmaking point, which would help us a lot on offense and we can hide his defense. Plus he's expiring, so we would have enough cap space to easily resign West and another impact player or two, while keeping some off our current bench (Hansbrough mostly).

And Ross has 3 more years for cheap.

Return to Indiana Pacers