KembaWalker
General Manager
And1: 10,457

Re: Lance signs with Charlotte, 3yrs/27m 

Post#81 » by KembaWalker » Fri Jul 18, 2014 1:35 am

basketballwacko2 wrote:
Liver_Pooty wrote:
basketballwacko2 wrote:

I don't know what "debo" means but I was thinking the same thing they are over loaded with guys in this size range. Lance, MKG, Henderson, PJ Hairston, Gary Neal and Kemba is not really a PG. So they seem to have too many guys at the same spot. I don't see how this is gonna work for Char or Lance.

MKG is strictly a SF, Lance will play 35+ minutes at SG, Henderson will be his backup, Neal will play a few minutes a game, Hairston will probably be in the D league, and Walker will be the starting PG.

I don't think there will be enough basketballs on the court for those guys, Kemba and Lance are gonna clash.

Gerald Henderson took more shots than Lance last season in fewer minutes. And Lance actually creates for others, Henderson is a black hole. Kemba is gonna love playing next to Lance
SmashMouthRod
Rookie
And1: 210

Post#82 » by SmashMouthRod » Fri Jul 18, 2014 2:38 am

KembaWalker wrote:
basketballwacko2 wrote:
Liver_Pooty wrote:
MKG is strictly a SF, Lance will play 35+ minutes at SG, Henderson will be his backup, Neal will play a few minutes a game, Hairston will probably be in the D league, and Walker will be the starting PG.

I don't think there will be enough basketballs on the court for those guys, Kemba and Lance are gonna clash.

Gerald Henderson took more shots than Lance last season in fewer minutes. And Lance actually creates for others, Henderson is a black hole. Kemba is gonna love playing next to Lance

I agree. Lance is very good at facilitating and scoring. Much better than Hill at creating for others. Him and Walker will be fine. The best part about Lance is that he isnt afraid of the moment. He was the main one that stepped up his game in big moments elevating the Pacers to elite status. He is one of the best guards in the game. All this other would; should; could nonsense is irrelevant. Lance plays with the kind of confidence and passion that winners is supposed to have. Mike will love Lance's competitive spirit and will likely help him to take his game to another level. He made a few mistakes over the years. But the truth is that he is an elite basketball player and thats what he's in Charlotte to do.
LadiesLuvPGs
Sophomore
And1: 3

Post#83 » by LadiesLuvPGs » Fri Jul 18, 2014 2:49 am

KembaWalker wrote:Gerald Henderson took more shots than Lance last season in fewer minutes. And Lance actually creates for others, Henderson is a black hole. Kemba is gonna love playing next to Lance

Good point, Gerald took more shots playing less minutes per game, while shooting a lower percentage. Also assisted less often (albeit with less talent around him). But shots taken and successful assists are not the whole picture. As a guy living in South Carolina, I saw a lot of "Bobcats" games this past year on local tv. I think the original poster was referring to how many possessions Lance used up (or used most of the shot clock) even with a borderline star like Paul George on the floor. He doesn't run off of screens to get shots, he gets his own shot WITH the ball in his hands. Now he goes to Charlotte, without any stars on the roster, where there is the potential for Lance to dominate the ball. Best case... lance will be a decisive creator and efficient scorer. Worst case... he never lets Kemba touch the ball to create any offense on his own.

It's a legitimate concern leaving potential for a bad situation, which might explain why the Hornets only gave Lance two guaranteed years..
You might as well be sweet
LadiesLuvPGs
Sophomore
And1: 3

Post#84 » by LadiesLuvPGs » Fri Jul 18, 2014 2:52 am

LadiesLuvPGs wrote:
KembaWalker wrote:Gerald Henderson took more shots than Lance last season in fewer minutes. And Lance actually creates for others, Henderson is a black hole. Kemba is gonna love playing next to Lance

Good point, Gerald took more shots playing less minutes per game, while shooting a lower percentage. Also assisted less often (albeit with less talent around him). But shots taken and successful assists are not the whole picture. As a guy living in South Carolina, I saw a lot of "Bobcats" games this past year on local tv. I think the original poster was referring to how many possessions Lance used up (or used most of the shot clock) even with a borderline star like Paul George on the floor. He doesn't run off of screens to get shots, he gets his own shot WITH the ball in his hands. Now he goes to Charlotte, without any stars on the roster, where there is the potential for Lance to dominate the ball. Best case... lance will be a decisive creator and efficient scorer. Worst case... he never lets Kemba touch the ball to create any offense on his own.

It's a legitimate concern leaving potential for a bad situation, which might explain why the Hornets only gave Lance two guaranteed years..

...that said, I still rather have lance at 9M a season than Gerald at 6M
You might as well be sweet
Baller2014
Banned User
And1: 519

Post#85 » by Baller2014 » Fri Jul 18, 2014 7:57 am

basketballwacko2 wrote:This just reminds me so much of years ago when we let Brad Miller go in an S&T with Sacto we took Scott Pollard and some other guy who never played, Pollard was always injured, we gave big money to Croshere and Bender and Tinsely but couldn't keep the guy who could help us and got nothing out of him. If fact we took on negative assets in that deal.

I would have jumped on that 2-3 yr deal with Lance, I'm hoping that CJ Miles can give us something but 4 years $4.5 per year to him may end up being just another Gerald Green deal.

So give Lance the 3 yr deal with a team option with Miles we get a guy who is not going to get any better and we lose a guy who is still growing into his prime. Was Lance selfish? Maybe a little, sometimes made bad passes, Maybe Hibbert cried about him stealing rebounds, but if Roy would actually jump for a rebound then I bet he'd get more.

I'm tired of this close but no cigar crap.

Exactly what I was thinking. Just a terrible blow in both cases.

Return to Indiana Pacers