What would the Pacers want from Boston to get Roy Hibbert?

Moderators: pacers33granger, Grang33r, pacerfan, Jake0890, boomershadow

robbie84
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,377

What would the Pacers want from Boston to get Roy Hibbert? 

Post#1 » by robbie84 » Thu Aug 28, 2014 3:23 pm

Is there a possible deal that doesn't include Rondo or Smart?
*2 Brooklyn picks+Jeff Green+James Young?
or

Sullinger+2016 Brooklyn pick+expirings?

if you care for a second question...is there a deal involving
Kelly Olynyk+James Young+fillers that you'd consider?

I think we'd ultimately wanna go with Hibbert, Rondo, Sullinger, Smart as the Celtics core.

His trade value is weird because I can't see the Pacers ever getting back true value for him, particularly as he comes up to his player option decision. But he's one of the rarest commodities in the NBA as a 7 foot protector with a bit of offensive game and no injury history.

Do most fans wanna keep him or trade him now that PG has gone down?

Thanks heaps for the insight guys
One day Marcus Smart will be defensive player of the year, mark my words.
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,059

Re: What would the Pacers want from Boston to get Roy Hibber 

Post#2 » by Scoot McGroot » Thu Aug 28, 2014 6:24 pm

I think we're happy to keep him with Lance gone and PG out for the year, and especially with his value perceived as low right now. But for shiggles, I'd probably look at something like Green/Zeller/Young/Bogans and either 2016 1st, or Philly and LAC 1st's (both, since LAC is a late 1st and Philly would turn into 2 2nds) for Hibbert/Scola.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
boomershadow
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers
And1: 6,293

Post#3 » by boomershadow » Thu Aug 28, 2014 6:59 pm

I'm continually of the opinion that we should keep Hibbert, both because I doubt there's a team willing to trade enough value in return and also because I am optimistic he will look a lot better next season than he did last season.

But given the guys we have now, if we're gonna trade it better be for high quality point guard talent like Goran Dragic or Rajon Rondo.
robbie84
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,377

Post#4 » by robbie84 » Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:35 pm

Scoot McGroot wrote:I think we're happy to keep him with Lance gone and PG out for the year, and especially with his value perceived as low right now. But for shiggles, I'd probably look at something like Green/Zeller/Young/Bogans and either 2016 1st, or Philly and LAC 1st's (both, since LAC is a late 1st and Philly would turn into 2 2nds) for Hibbert/Scola.

Thanks for the input.
Your deal actually sounds pretty reasonable. You could probably get the Cavs and Clippers picks to be honest.
Are you guys worried he'll opt out or is he likely to opt in next year?

So something like Green, Zeller, Young, Bogans + Cavs+ Clippers pick.
Recently I've wondered if Bird and Ainge still got a long or not.
Rumors were that Bird is upset with Ainge about something.
One day Marcus Smart will be defensive player of the year, mark my words.
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#5 » by Scoot McGroot » Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:53 pm

robbie84 wrote:
Thanks for the input.
Your deal actually sounds pretty reasonable. You could probably get the Cavs and Clippers picks to be honest.
Are you guys worried he'll opt out or is he likely to opt in next year?

Not too concerned either way. If he opts out, we'd have his Bird rights, and could re-sign him, or if he leaves, we could be looking at $15m in cap space, and a $12m expiring in David West to pair with our own pick. Either way, something good could happen. We could end up with a ton of space to add guys like Millsap, Rondo, Afflalo, Deandre Jordan, Gasol, Asik, Dragic, and possibly Bledsoe/Monroe out there unrestricted. There's options.

robbie84 wrote:Recently I've wondered if Bird and Ainge still got a long or not.
Rumors were that Bird is upset with Ainge about something.

Good question. I don't know that Bird really has love, or hatred, for any other GM's in a way that would affect his workings. I think he'd do a deal with just about anyone if it made the team better, though it does seem that he would prefer to do a deal with someone from the opposing conference, if he thinks he's giving up players that could hurt him.
basketballwacko2
RealGM
And1: 3,933

Post#6 » by basketballwacko2 » Thu Sep 11, 2014 11:56 pm

robbie84 wrote:Is there a possible deal that doesn't include Rondo or Smart?
*2 Brooklyn picks+Jeff Green+James Young?
or

Sullinger+2016 Brooklyn pick+expirings?

if you care for a second question...is there a deal involving
Kelly Olynyk+James Young+fillers that you'd consider?

I think we'd ultimately wanna go with Hibbert, Rondo, Sullinger, Smart as the Celtics core.

His trade value is weird because I can't see the Pacers ever getting back true value for him, particularly as he comes up to his player option decision. But he's one of the rarest commodities in the NBA as a 7 foot protector with a bit of offensive game and no injury history.

Do most fans wanna keep him or trade him now that PG has gone down?

Thanks heaps for the insight guys

I tend to think he won't be traded at all but if he is we'd be looking at Late December early Jan. I'd want a Center back so Green, Young, Olynyk and at least 1 pick.
pacers33granger
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers
And1: 6,584

Post#7 » by pacers33granger » Fri Sep 12, 2014 3:31 am

Well apparently in the Roy Hibbert trade value thread on the Trades and Transactions board Gerald Wallace straight up is a legitimate offer for Roy.
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 50,209

Post#8 » by bondom34 » Fri Sep 12, 2014 4:02 am

pacers33granger wrote:Well apparently in the Roy Hibbert trade value thread on the Trades and Transactions board Gerald Wallace straight up is a legitimate offer for Roy.

Yeah, believe it or not, I don't put much stock into those :lol: .
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#9 » by Scoot McGroot » Fri Sep 12, 2014 4:05 am

bondom34 wrote:
pacers33granger wrote:Well apparently in the Roy Hibbert trade value thread on the Trades and Transactions board Gerald Wallace straight up is a legitimate offer for Roy.

Yup. They're the bastion of haters posting uninformed nonsense, especially if the forums are slow.
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#10 » by bondom34 » Fri Sep 12, 2014 4:07 am

Scoot McGroot wrote:
bondom34 wrote:

Yup. They're the bastion of haters posting uninformed nonsense, especially if the forums are slow.

I've lost a lot of faith in Jazzfan after the rankings on the gen board, and those threads aren't a bad idea, but are custom built for bad voting.
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
pacers33granger
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers
And1: 6,584

Post#11 » by pacers33granger » Fri Sep 12, 2014 4:59 am

bondom34 wrote:

Yeah, it just kind of irked me that he is arbitrarily deciding what's an "outlier" for everyone and his only response about not taking the Wallace vote out for Hibbert was that it made the distribution better.

Not to mention he had said early on that extreme votes would be omitted unless explained but no one explained it at all and there was no response to my telling him that Celtics fans routinely offer packages like the one in here for Hibbert. But yet Wallace has gotten offered (with some other assets) for Josh Smith, but that was an "outlier" for him when he got 2.

And obviously the issues with earlier guys getting shafted because the players on the ranking keep changing. Like you said it's a good idea, but there's way too much tinkering with it by Jazzfan without an explanation.
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#12 » by Scoot McGroot » Fri Sep 12, 2014 10:00 pm

Eh, it's a fun thing for them to do in the dead of the offseason. I just don't take it seriously at all.
RSCD3_
RealGM
And1: 7,276

Post#13 » by RSCD3_ » Sun Oct 5, 2014 3:53 pm

bondom34 wrote:
Scoot McGroot wrote:
bondom34 wrote:Yeah, believe it or not, I don't put much stock into those :lol: .

I've lost a lot of faith in Jazzfan after the rankings on the gen board, and those threads aren't a bad idea, but are custom built for bad voting.

I think the # of wins predictions were based on some formula he had and his analysis was him justifying it if it matched and if it didn't he didn't preach it like gospel he just said he didn't fully agree with it

I still think he's a good poster just maybe a little too smart ;) for his own good :lol:

I came here to do two things: get lost and slice **** up & I'm all out of directions.

Butler removing rearview mirror in his car as a symbol to never look back

Peja Stojakovic wrote:Jimmy butler, with no regard for human life
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#14 » by Scoot McGroot » Mon Oct 6, 2014 12:37 am

RSCD3_ wrote:
I still think he's a good poster just maybe a little too smart ;) for his own good :lol:

Oh, he's definitely a good poster. Just a really weird thread setup/premise.
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#15 » by bondom34 » Mon Oct 6, 2014 4:34 am

RSCD3_ wrote:
bondom34 wrote:
Scoot McGroot wrote:

I think the # of wins predictions were based on some formula he had and his analysis was him justifying it if it matched and if it didn't he didn't preach it like gospel he just said he didn't fully agree with it

Yeah, I like his other posts in general, just those seem so off to me. :lol:

Return to Indiana Pacers