Jake0890
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers
And1: 807

Pacers Talking Roy Hibbert Trade with Cavs 

Post#1 » by Jake0890 » Sun Sep 28, 2014 3:25 pm

[tweet]https://twitter.com/massey_evan/status/516107774069993472[/tweet]

Welp.

It'd be a terrible move, making a division team even stronger...
pacers33granger
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers
And1: 6,579

Re: Pacers Talking Roy Hibbert Trade with Cavs 

Post#2 » by pacers33granger » Sun Sep 28, 2014 6:37 pm

How does that even get done? They can't combine the trade exception. So it would have to be Varejao and Thompson, which I wouldn't do. Absolutely zero interest in Thompson since hes not very good and will be looking to get paid. Love Varejao as a player, but could care less about having him this year.

On top of that Lebron loves Varejao (and so does Cleveland) and Thompson shares Lebron's agent.

And who is this guy? He looks like he's in high school.
Jake0890
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers

Post#3 » by Jake0890 » Sun Sep 28, 2014 7:33 pm

pacers33granger wrote:How does that even get done? They can't combine the trade exception. So it would have to be Varejao and Thompson, which I wouldn't do. Absolutely zero interest in Thompson since hes not very good and will be looking to get paid. Love Varejao as a player, but could care less about having him this year.

On top of that Lebron loves Varejao (and so does Cleveland) and Thompson shares Lebron's agent.

And who is this guy? He looks like he's in high school.

Waiters is probably the only possibility considering we just lost Lance.
pacers33granger
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers

Post#4 » by pacers33granger » Sun Sep 28, 2014 9:57 pm

Yeah Waiters is interesting and would seem to address some of our biggest issues, but Varejao needs to be included for salary purposes.

I personally have almost no interest in the Cavs pieces though. Waiters is interesting as I said, but he needs to be paid soon too and I'm not big on his attitude and lack of defense. We have no need for Varejao right now. Thompson needs to be paid again and kind of sucks to be honest. They have some nice picks, but how knows where they would even end up and they won't be seen for awhile likely.

Really the media needs to stop making up these "rumors." The Cavs have literally nothing they would part with that any team would want.
Jake0890
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers

Post#5 » by Jake0890 » Sun Sep 28, 2014 11:43 pm

The newest news is that the Cavs are offering Waiters, Brendan Haywood, and a first for Hibbert.
Moooose
Starter
And1: 203

Post#6 » by Moooose » Mon Sep 29, 2014 4:10 am

Jake0890 wrote:The newest news is that the Cavs are offering Waiters, Brendan Haywood, and a first for Hibbert.

I kinda like it. Will give us money we can use on finding other bigs.
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 50,199

Post#7 » by bondom34 » Mon Sep 29, 2014 4:51 am

This guy was shown to be a fraud before FYI, he's like a talk radio host or something. Ask T-Wolves fans.
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
pacers33granger
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers

Post#8 » by pacers33granger » Mon Sep 29, 2014 12:43 pm

Jake0890 wrote:The newest news is that the Cavs are offering Waiters, Brendan Haywood, and a first for Hibbert.

That only adds up to like 5 million. Nowhere close to matching Hibbert's salary.
improvisor
Rookie
And1: 430

Post#9 » by improvisor » Mon Sep 29, 2014 7:44 pm

http://www.hngn.com/articles/43993/20140929/cleveland-cavaliers-rumors-roy-hibbert-trade-pacers-dion-waiters-haywood.htm

T spence post on these forums... I don't see him as a credible source.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using RealGM Forums mobile app
Nuntius
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,188

Post#10 » by Nuntius » Tue Sep 30, 2014 7:09 pm

I will not believe this rumor until I see someone of the well-respected reporters confirming it. It doesn't seem to make any sense (just like the Dragic rumor).
"No wolf shall keep his secrets, no bird shall dance the skyline
And I am left with nothing but an oath that gleams like a sword
To bathe in the blood of man
Mankind..."

She Painted Fire Across the Skyline, Part 3
- Agalloch
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,027

Post#11 » by Scoot McGroot » Wed Oct 1, 2014 3:42 am

Completely illegal right now.

If there is to be a Hibbert trade to Cleveland, it would require him not opting out of his contract, and being dealt at seasons end with Haywood's non-guaranteed salary as the filler. If he opts out, and it's a S&T, that would hard cap the Cavs at the apron, with Lebron and Love opting out for their big extensions, meaning they may run out of room, depending on how much Hibbert wants in year one. However, if he's currently under contract, the Cavs would NOT be hard capped as a result of the trade.

But yeah, the original "rumor monger" is a fraud. His bad staff has floated on here before. He runs a "FanSided" account based in Indy. Re-packages other stuff as his own, and jumps news in the hopes that he gets lucky with guesses.
basketballwacko2
RealGM
And1: 3,914

Post#12 » by basketballwacko2 » Mon Oct 6, 2014 6:17 am

That does not work financially. People keep talking about them trading Haywood but his $10 million unguaranted money is next season.

I agree with what was said earlier in this thread, they'd have to put AV in it and that isn't likely to happen. :nonono:
Saltine
Lead Assistant
And1: 909

Post#13 » by Saltine » Tue Oct 7, 2014 8:39 am

Tspence is not credible at all. In any way, or fashion, total BS.

Your nearest farm animal has as much knowledge of the NBA trade market as he does.
Grang33r
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers
And1: 400

Post#14 » by Grang33r » Wed Oct 15, 2014 5:50 pm

Moooose wrote:

Why? The pick would be very low 1st and Waiters is still a project. He had comparisons to D-Wade prior to the draft by some draft experts but we havn't seen any of that yet.
The first rule of Basketball: Believe.
Follow on twitter @Grang33r
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#15 » by Scoot McGroot » Wed Oct 15, 2014 6:41 pm

Grang33r wrote:
Moooose wrote:

Why? The pick would be very low 1st and Waiters is still a project. He had comparisons to D-Wade prior to the draft by some draft experts but we havn't seen any of that yet.

I imagine the 1st would have to be the protected Memphis one. It would likely be much better than a Cleveland 1st, but no guarantee as to when it would be transferred.
improvisor
Rookie
And1: 430

Post#16 » by improvisor » Wed Oct 15, 2014 9:15 pm

Grang33r wrote:
Moooose wrote:

I disagree. Waiters have shown alot, just people don't give him credit and just see him being a overly confident guy that has a attitude. His defense in preseason has surprised alot of people. Wade couldn't do anything as well as the guy from the bucks he was guarding. I personally think Waiters with Paul George next season would open alot of eyes. When your watching the game keep a open mind and scout him. His spot up shooting has gotten better as well, he was +40% last season as well.

But anyways,this rumor is bull. Tspence is a joke.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using RealGM Forums mobile app
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#17 » by Scoot McGroot » Fri Oct 17, 2014 12:13 am

improvisor wrote:
Grang33r wrote:
Moooose wrote:

I disagree. Waiters have shown alot, just people don't give him credit and just see him being a overly confident guy that has a attitude. His defense in preseason has surprised alot of people. Wade couldn't do anything as well as the guy from the bucks he was guarding. I personally think Waiters with Paul George next season would open alot of eyes. When your watching the game keep a open mind and scout him. His spot up shooting has gotten better as well, he was +40% last season as well.

But anyways,this rumor is bull. Tspence is a joke.

Agreed on the Tspence thing. Absolute joke, especially since he has the fundamental contract facts completely and utterly wrong.

But Waiters is interesting. I like him more than most, as I live in Cleveland and get to watch a ton of Cavs games. I think calling his defense thus far surprising is a bit excessive, as it's easy to surprise when you played it so poorly in the past. He tries, which is a start, but he's not really good at it, so far. He has a chance to improve greatly, but he's nowhere close yet. Offensively though, he's definitely a plus. And yeah, his shooting 10+ feet jumped tremendously last year. And yes, he would be a very interesting option between George Hill and Paul George. The problem is, though, that a deal for Hibbert would have to be this offseason (using Haywood's balloon expiring). At that point, Dion would be entering the 4th year of his rookie deal, and would be going into a tough negotiation in free agency. Sure, he'd be restricted, but as we saw with Bledsoe this year, that can still be tough. Ideally, he'd have one more year on his rookie deal (greedy, I know) for a team like Indy to see what he has in their own system at a more affordable cost.

Return to Indiana Pacers