Pacers Purposely Sitting West?

Moderators: pacers33granger, Grang33r, pacerfan, Jake0890, boomershadow

Hue Durant
Banned User
And1: 4,342

Pacers Purposely Sitting West? 

Post#1 » by Hue Durant » Sun Nov 23, 2014 3:37 am

I drafted West in fantasy even though he had a minor ankle injury that would "take 3 games" thinking he would be the focal point of the pacers offense during the season. 3 games has turned 14 and there are rarely any updates on his condition.

Yes, I'm mad.
Nuntius
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,335

Re: Pacers Purposely Sitting West? 

Post#2 » by Nuntius » Sun Nov 23, 2014 3:43 am

There are actually weekly updates on his condition if you take a look at Frank Vogel's interview. Last I heard is that he is expected to return after the San Antonio game.
"No wolf shall keep his secrets, no bird shall dance the skyline
And I am left with nothing but an oath that gleams like a sword
To bathe in the blood of man
Mankind..."

She Painted Fire Across the Skyline, Part 3
- Agalloch
Jake0890
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers
And1: 807

Post#3 » by Jake0890 » Sun Nov 23, 2014 3:46 am

I don't know where you got the information that West would only be out "3 games", but that was just wrong. It was apparent from the beginning it was a serious ankle injury and he would be out an extended period of time. Given his age and the Pacers situation, regardless of the severity, why would they rush him back and risk re-injury?

This one is on you, pal.
Nuntius
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,335

Post#4 » by Nuntius » Sun Nov 23, 2014 4:08 am

Jake0890 wrote:I don't know where you got the information that West would only be out "3 games", but that was just wrong. It was apparent from the beginning it was a serious ankle injury and he would be out an extended period of time. Given his age and the Pacers situation, regardless of the severity, why would they rush him back and risk re-injury?

This one is on you, pal.

I think that he was supposed to be re-evaluated after the first 3 games actually. We're taking it very slowly when it comes to re-incorporating players from injury this season but I cannot really blame us. CJ Miles returns, plays 4 minutes and then gets injured. Rodney Stuckey returns, plays 4 games and he gets injured. Then he returns again, plays 2 games and he's down again.

It has just been awful. We're so unlucky this season :(
"No wolf shall keep his secrets, no bird shall dance the skyline
And I am left with nothing but an oath that gleams like a sword
To bathe in the blood of man
Mankind..."

She Painted Fire Across the Skyline, Part 3
- Agalloch
Jake0890
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers
And1: 807

Post#5 » by Jake0890 » Sun Nov 23, 2014 5:20 pm

Nuntius wrote:
Jake0890 wrote:I don't know where you got the information that West would only be out "3 games", but that was just wrong. It was apparent from the beginning it was a serious ankle injury and he would be out an extended period of time. Given his age and the Pacers situation, regardless of the severity, why would they rush him back and risk re-injury?

This one is on you, pal.

I think that he was supposed to be re-evaluated after the first 3 games actually. We're taking it very slowly when it comes to re-incorporating players from injury this season but I cannot really blame us. CJ Miles returns, plays 4 minutes and then gets injured. Rodney Stuckey returns, plays 4 games and he gets injured. Then he returns again, plays 2 games and he's down again.

It has just been awful. We're so unlucky this season :(

Yeah, you're right, he was supposed to be re-evaluated after 3 games. But re-evaluated doesn't equal returning to play. I think this guy kinda misunderstood that.

We've been incredibly lucky with injuries in the past, so I guess it's just catching up to us this year.
boomershadow
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers
And1: 6,298

Post#6 » by boomershadow » Sun Nov 23, 2014 9:33 pm

He looked pretty bad on the court after it happened.

Thing is, though, if they reactivate West won't they have to let go of Price? And then we are down to one pg again.
mikepacernation
Pro Prospect
And1: 44

Post#7 » by mikepacernation » Sun Nov 23, 2014 11:50 pm

boomershadow wrote:He looked pretty bad on the court after it happened.

Thing is, though, if they reactivate West won't they have to let go of Price? And then we are down to one pg again.
I guarantee they won't activate him until Cj Watson is able to play

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
basketballwacko2
RealGM
And1: 3,934

Post#8 » by basketballwacko2 » Tue Nov 25, 2014 1:08 pm

This one is on you, pal.

Yeah he rolled that ankle pretty bad. Years ago I had a bad one that took 2 months in boot and it hurt for a while after that.
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,060

Post#9 » by Scoot McGroot » Wed Nov 26, 2014 12:30 am

boomershadow wrote:He looked pretty bad on the court after it happened.

If any of Hill, West, or Watson return, we have to immediately waive someone to go back to 15.
boomershadow
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers
And1: 6,298

Post#10 » by boomershadow » Wed Nov 26, 2014 1:07 am

I realize that. I am just mentioning that if they reactivate just West before Hill or Watson are ready, we are gonna have a lot of forwards and too few PGs.
mikepacernation
Pro Prospect

Post#11 » by mikepacernation » Wed Nov 26, 2014 6:13 am

Well I guess they hope west returns Friday against Orlando

Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,060

Post#12 » by Scoot McGroot » Thu Nov 27, 2014 2:59 am

Hue Durant wrote:I drafted West in fantasy even though he had a minor ankle injury that would "take 3 games" thinking he would be the focal point of the pacers offense during the season. 3 games has turned 14 and there are rarely any updates on his condition.

Yes, I'm mad.

Obviously, our first thoughts are solely with the status of your fantasy team on this forum, and not the longterm health of David West.
mikepacernation
Pro Prospect

Post#13 » by mikepacernation » Sat Nov 29, 2014 7:20 pm

George hill has a torn quad which explains why he's been out for quiet some time

Return to Indiana Pacers