Oladipo

Moderators: pacers33granger, Grang33r, pacerfan, Jake0890, boomershadow

mikepacernation
Pro Prospect
And1: 44

Oladipo 

Post#1 » by mikepacernation » Thu Jan 15, 2015 6:04 pm

I was just reading on bleacher report about a couple trades that the pacers should look into. Now I know it's more then likely won't happen but just wanted to see what u guys thought. One of them said Oladipo an Frye for Ghill, solo, an Scola. Just wanted to get everyone's opinion on it. I think that would be a good trade for us but I just don't see the magic doing it.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,060

Re: Oladipo 

Post#2 » by Scoot McGroot » Thu Jan 15, 2015 10:38 pm

mikepacernation wrote:I was just reading on bleacher report about a couple trades that the pacers should look into. Now I know it's more then likely won't happen but just wanted to see what u guys thought. One of them said Oladipo an Frye for Ghill, solo, an Scola. Just wanted to get everyone's opinion on it. I think that would be a good trade for us but I just don't see the magic doing it.

I'd love to get Oladipo. Short of trading Paul George for him, we don't have the value to get him, though, except maybe if we net the #1 pick this summer and deal it straight up for 'Dipo.

That bleacher report idea would simply be insulting to Orlando.
mikepacernation
Pro Prospect

Oladipo 

Post#3 » by mikepacernation » Thu Jan 15, 2015 10:55 pm

Scoot McGroot wrote:
mikepacernation wrote:I was just reading on bleacher report about a couple trades that the pacers should look into. Now I know it's more then likely won't happen but just wanted to see what u guys thought. One of them said Oladipo an Frye for Ghill, solo, an Scola. Just wanted to get everyone's opinion on it. I think that would be a good trade for us but I just don't see the magic doing it.

I'd love to get Oladipo. Short of trading Paul George for him, we don't have the value to get him, though, except maybe if we net the #1 pick this summer and deal it straight up for 'Dipo.

That bleacher report idea would simply be insulting to Orlando.
they had 4 other ones but some were straight up dumb! One was dealing for Carmelo! Lol!

Jermainevent
Senior
And1: 152

Post#4 » by Jermainevent » Fri Jan 16, 2015 2:38 am

When Oladipo first broke into the league and Lance started emerging as semi-star I posed the question to a buddy if he would do the swap, Magic willing. We both were in favor, unfortunately we don't have anything to offer them unless for some reason they have a big crush on Roy, probably not with the way Vucevic is playing.
“Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food.”
― Hippocrates
glasket
Rookie
And1: 11

Oladipo 

Post#5 » by glasket » Fri Jan 16, 2015 3:22 am

Yeah I saw the Melo idea. Never going to happen. As for Dipo. In theory I would be willing to do that trade. In practice no chance it would happen

mikepacernation
Pro Prospect

Oladipo 

Post#6 » by mikepacernation » Fri Jan 16, 2015 3:47 am

What about adding a first? This or next years?

Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#7 » by Scoot McGroot » Fri Jan 16, 2015 1:42 pm

mikepacernation wrote:What about adding a first? This or next years?

Short of adding a top 2 or 3 pick, George Hill, Solo Hill, and Scola cannot ever get value like an Oladipo from a rebuilding team like Orlando. George Hill and Scola aren't long term pieces for a team like that, and they're too far from competing to "make a run of it". They want young value. Solo isn't in the same neighborhood, at all. They'd only deal him if they got a better young piece.
mikepacernation
Pro Prospect

Oladipo 

Post#8 » by mikepacernation » Fri Jan 16, 2015 5:02 pm

Scoot McGroot wrote:
mikepacernation wrote:What about adding a first? This or next years?

Short of adding a top 2 or 3 pick, George Hill, Solo Hill, and Scola cannot ever get value like an Oladipo from a rebuilding team like Orlando. George Hill and Scola aren't long term pieces for a team like that, and they're too far from competing to "make a run of it". They want young value. Solo isn't in the same neighborhood, at all. They'd only deal him if they got a better young piece.
Yeah you're right! Just wishful thinking

Bleeding Blue
Head Coach
And1: 538

Post#9 » by Bleeding Blue » Sun Jan 18, 2015 2:51 am

Would anyone here be in favor of a PG for dipo straight up trade? (Not saying it would happen, just curious)

I am a huge IU fan, so I would be all for it.....but I know that isnt a great reason! I do think Oladipo will be a perennial all-star in a few years.
"When my time on earth is gone, and my activities here are passed, I want they bury me upside down, and my critics can kiss my ass!"

- Bobby Knight
Jake0890
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers
And1: 807

Post#10 » by Jake0890 » Sun Jan 18, 2015 3:19 am

Bleeding Blue wrote:Would anyone here be in favor of a PG for dipo straight up trade? (Not saying it would happen, just curious)

I am a huge IU fan, so I would be all for it.....but I know that isnt a great reason! I do think Oladipo will be a perennial all-star in a few years.

Absolutely not.

If Oladipo is a future perennial all-star as you say (which is still up in the air) we'd be trading a current perennial all-star and MVP candidate for the possibility of Oladipo turning into one.

I like Oladipo as a huge IUBB fan, but PG is better than him right now and (at least in my opinion) won't ever be as good as prime PG.

Not directing this @ you, but I think people are taking the tanking idea a bit too far. Retooling/rebuilding (or whatever you want to call it) doesn't mean trading your best players for pennies on the dollar when you've already proved you can win games with them, and the people you get in return won't ever be as good as what you have currently. That's certainly not how successful teams are built.

I'm all for getting as good of a pick as possible, but trading PG is a big no-no unless we're getting KD, LeBron, or possibly Anthony Davis or Steph Curry.
Clutch31
Sophomore
And1: 76

Post#11 » by Clutch31 » Mon Jan 19, 2015 10:49 am

Oladipo would be a nice fit for this team. Good player with a lot of upside. No way would i trade PG for him. Everyone else is available for the right price. Although i'm not sure what Solomon's ceiling is and would prefer to keep him.
basketballwacko2
RealGM
And1: 3,934

Post#12 » by basketballwacko2 » Tue Jan 27, 2015 7:48 pm

No way this deal is realistic. Sounds like someone just playing with the trade machine on ESPN.
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#13 » by Scoot McGroot » Tue Jan 27, 2015 9:25 pm

Bleeding Blue wrote:Would anyone here be in favor of a PG for dipo straight up trade? (Not saying it would happen, just curious)

No. Makes no sense to trade a potential mvp candidate at a young age for another young guy who maybe will make a couple all star games. I'm wearing an IU hoodie as I wrote this, and even then, I think it's silly to make that swap. It's definitely an "Alford over Reggie" idea.
basketballwacko2
RealGM

Post#14 » by basketballwacko2 » Mon Feb 9, 2015 11:44 pm

I wouldn't touch Frye and his contract.
gipper08
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,830

Post#15 » by gipper08 » Mon Feb 16, 2015 4:30 pm

Dipo and Aaron Gordon for PG is something the Pacers should try and do. I could care less about IU. PG has immaturity issues, focus issues, now health issues. IMO he is only 15% better than DIPO and in three years they might be even. Aaron Gordon is what makes this a good deal as he can be a top ten forward in a couple years.
mikepacernation
Pro Prospect

Oladipo 

Post#16 » by mikepacernation » Mon Feb 16, 2015 5:47 pm

gipper08 wrote:

Dipo and Aaron Gordon for PG is something the Pacers should try and do. I could care less about IU. PG has immaturity issues, focus issues, now health issues. IMO he is only 15% better than DIPO and in three years they might be even. Aaron Gordon is what makes this a good deal as he can be a top ten forward in a couple years.
you couldn't be more wrong about PG. He's a young guy he's going to make mistakes. I think it's unfair to say he has health issues it was a freak accident but before that he never really missed game. If he comes back an misses a lot of games the you could say he has "health issues". The difference between PG an dipo is PG is great on a good team Dipo is good on a bad team.

gipper08
Bench Warmer

Post#17 » by gipper08 » Mon Feb 16, 2015 6:02 pm

I wouldn't trade PG for DIpo. I said Dipo, Gordon(and Harkless for salaries) for PG. Big difference.

More wrong? So you think PG is more than 15% better than Dipo? what %??

I don't think it was a "freak" accident. It was a careless accident(that would have happened to MANY players but not all).

I just don't think it is likely that PG can be a franchise player on a championship team. The pacers are better off getting two likely "stars" in exchange for their"superstar". PG has only had "good" playoffs runs. He has never had a "great" playoff run.(with just a two year sample as "the man").

It is likely PG has peaked.(which does not mean he will decline)

Of course you seem to think Ghill can potentially/possibly be the centerpiece that lands DIPO , which is crazy, so I don't think we are going to agree.

IMO, you, you personally, have the same chance of being the centerpiece of a DIPO trade as does George Hill.
gipper08
Bench Warmer

Post#18 » by gipper08 » Mon Feb 16, 2015 6:14 pm

basketballwacko2 wrote:

I wouldn't touch Frye and his contract.

Sorry to come off rude. But what? ??? you would have to take that deal all day.

Just picture Frye making 2 million and Dipo making 12Million if that makes it easier.
basketballwacko2
RealGM

Post#19 » by basketballwacko2 » Mon Feb 16, 2015 11:43 pm

If Frye expired in the year Oladipo was needing to be resigned you might be able to look at it that way.
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#20 » by Scoot McGroot » Tue Feb 17, 2015 12:20 am

gipper08 wrote:I wouldn't trade PG for DIpo. I said Dipo, Gordon(and Harkless for salaries) for PG. Big difference.

More wrong? So you think PG is more than 15% better than Dipo? what %??

I don't think it was a "freak" accident. It was a careless accident(that would have happened to MANY players but not all).

I just don't think it is likely that PG can be a franchise player on a championship team. The pacers are better off getting two likely "stars" in exchange for their"superstar". PG has only had "good" playoffs runs. He has never had a "great" playoff run.(with just a two year sample as "the man").

It is likely PG has peaked.(which does not mean he will decline)

Of course you seem to think Ghill can potentially/possibly be the centerpiece that lands DIPO , which is crazy, so I don't think we are going to agree.

IMO, you, you personally, have the same chance of being the centerpiece of a DIPO trade as does George Hill.

It's an equal likelihood of Paul George having peaked as Oladipo or Gordon having peaked. We love Oladipo in Indiana, but if you think he's only "15%" less than PG13, you're crazy, and a bad GM. Why would you include Gordon if you think Oladipo is only 15% less and still improving and PG is tapped out. That would get you fired.

Return to Indiana Pacers