Anyone else agree with me?

Moderators: pacers33granger, Grang33r, pacerfan, Jake0890, boomershadow

EuroPacer
Sixth Man
And1: 785

Re: Anyone else agree with me? 

Post#41 » by EuroPacer » Tue Jan 27, 2015 9:22 pm

basketballwacko2 wrote:You used the word then as if it were the same meaning as "Than" which drives me nuts. You did it in a previous post as well so I conclude you don't know the difference.

OK I don't like to be the grammar police but "Then" is not the same as "Than." You used the word then as if it were the same meaning as "Than" which drives me nuts. [/quote]

I hate to do this, but you really can't go bitching about someone's grammar and then using were instead of has ("it has the same meaning", if it was "were" it would relate to they, which it doesn't). There is also a comma behind "Than".
Vogel is Dutch for Bird.
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,048

Post#42 » by Scoot McGroot » Tue Jan 27, 2015 9:32 pm

lets please not turn into a grammar debate. I'm not sure that any of us here could ever consistently win this argument, especially in the age of posting on phones, tablets, etc and auto correct. Unless it materially affects a comment and needs clarification, let's just assume the best of our fellow posters? Thanks.
EuroPacer
Sixth Man

Post#43 » by EuroPacer » Wed Jan 28, 2015 1:08 pm

My apologies, I was grumpy after a day of editing tedious grammar mistakes I had left in my thesis. (Truth!)
Vogel is Dutch for Bird.
basketballwacko2
RealGM
And1: 3,929

Post#44 » by basketballwacko2 » Fri Jan 30, 2015 1:14 am

Scoot McGroot wrote:lets please not turn into a grammar debate. I'm not sure that any of us here could ever consistently win this argument, especially in the age of posting on phones, tablets, etc and auto correct. Unless it materially affects a comment and needs clarification, let's just assume the best of our fellow posters? Thanks.

I know but that drives me crazy. Maybe I should have made a OT thread about it. :D
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#45 » by Scoot McGroot » Fri Jan 30, 2015 3:00 am

basketballwacko2 wrote:
Scoot McGroot wrote:lets please not turn into a grammar debate. I'm not sure that any of us here could ever consistently win this argument, especially in the age of posting on phones, tablets, etc and auto correct. Unless it materially affects a comment and needs clarification, let's just assume the best of our fellow posters? Thanks.

I know but that drives me crazy. Maybe I should have made a OT thread about it. :D

Meh, let he who is without sin cast the first stone :wink:

Keep in mind many are posting on mobile devices with crazy autocorrect, and we've always had a lot of posters that speak English as a second or third language. Grammar should be forgiven here.
Clutch31
Sophomore
And1: 76

Post#46 » by Clutch31 » Fri Jan 30, 2015 10:49 am

Back on topic.

I just had a look at the remaining schedule and noticed we have a relatively easy schedule the rest of the season.
With a lot of games to play against east -0.500 teams i can easily see us win a game or 13. That would mean a near playoff miss and pick around 10th tot 13th in the draft.

Do we think the front office is still on the path of trying to make the playoffs ? If they're not, they should act fast and try to make this team weaker on the short term.

Oh, my native languague is dutch, so i apologise for any grammar mistakes in advance.
EuroPacer
Sixth Man

Post#47 » by EuroPacer » Fri Jan 30, 2015 4:50 pm

Clutch31 wrote:Back on topic.

I just had a look at the remaining schedule and noticed we have a relatively easy schedule the rest of the season.
With a lot of games to play against east -0.500 teams i can easily see us win a game or 13. That would mean a near playoff miss and pick around 10th tot 13th in the draft.

Do we think the front office is still on the path of trying to make the playoffs ? If they're not, they should act fast and try to make this team weaker on the short term.

Oh, my native languague is dutch, so i apologise for any grammar mistakes in advance.

Ah a fellow cloggy :) Another Dutchman touched by the Rik Smits bug?

Nothing wrong with your grammar by the way!

I think we HAVE to move West. I don't want to, because he was the rock we built on in the previous three seasons, but... finishing 9/10th is going to be rubbish.
Vogel is Dutch for Bird.
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#48 » by Scoot McGroot » Sat Jan 31, 2015 12:14 am

Good facts. Thanks. My only response is that January was like the 4th easiest schedule and we had the 6th worst record. I don't know that there's an easy assumption with this team.

@TimDonahue8p9s: Don't get too excited. The Pacers have had 4th easiest sched so far for month of January (.462). Posted 6th worst Jan record in NBA: (4-10)
Clutch31
Sophomore
And1: 76

Post#49 » by Clutch31 » Tue Feb 3, 2015 8:52 am

EuroPacer wrote:

Ah a fellow cloggy :) Another Dutchman touched by the Rik Smits bug?

Nothing wrong with your grammar by the way!

I think we HAVE to move West. I don't want to, because he was the rock we built on in the previous three seasons, but... finishing 9/10th is going to be rubbish.

Yes, it all started with Rik about 25 years ago. You start following the pacers and keep rooting for the Reggie-lead team en you keep doing that even when he's retired.

Return to Indiana Pacers