Is Fanduel rigged?

Moderators: pacers33granger, Grang33r, pacerfan, Jake0890, boomershadow

basketballwacko2
RealGM
And1: 3,929

Is Fanduel rigged? 

Post#1 » by basketballwacko2 » Fri Jan 30, 2015 6:58 am

I posted this on the Fantasy Sports board. I wanted to see what my fellow Pacers poster think of this?

I've been actively playing fanduel since September. I see the same thing some times these guys will have 2 scrubs for $3500 min and get 35 points, is suspect that the company is cheating. I had a game tonight in a large $1 league the with 86,000 entries. His name is bubbafrancis, I tried to post a link but it didn't work.

Look at the 4th thur 8th place teams owned by shortsharpshock all 5 teams identical. Why would someone be so sure of a team as to play 5 entries that were the exact same team? How is he so sure that Jordan Hill is gonna be the top center? He costs $5500 for a reason. Tonight he got 48.9 game points. This guys shortsharpshock has only been playing since Oct 2014 and shows 5569 NBA wins in that short time. That would require dozens of entries every night of the basketball season. Link below.

https://www.fanduel.com/users/shortsharpshock" target="_blank" target="_blank

Bubbafrancis picked a pair of scrubs $3700 Jordan Clarkson of the Lakers and Jerrod Dudley of Milw who was $4400 and he also happened to have jordan hill.

How can they be so sure of these low level players to invest multiple entries in the exact same line up.

I found a thread on Rotogrinders.com about a player called Condia, the posters there think condia's lineup are being changed after the games are in progress.

https://rotogrinders.com/threads/condia" target="_blank" target="_blank ... -50-217383
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,044

Re: Is Fanduel rigged? 

Post#2 » by Scoot McGroot » Sat Jan 31, 2015 12:09 am

I have no idea. I assume that it's like Bitcoin was. Certain people are going to latch on, and play huge numbers of lineups with the right mathematical combinations that they are guaranteed to grind out a few dollars. They'll lose a lot, but win just enough to cover their costs and squeak out some money.

For this reason, and more, I have not ever, nor will ever, play games like fan duel.
basketballwacko2
RealGM

Post#3 » by basketballwacko2 » Sat Jan 31, 2015 5:01 am

I've won more money than I've put in by a good margin, but last night especially I saw some freaky stats, my team went from ranked 147 in a $1 league with 86,000 entries with only one game remaining. By 1/2 time I was down to 245, by the end of the game I dropped to 29,000 and out of the money. At one point I as sitting here in my chair looking at my live stats on the game. I dropped 5000 spots in a blink. Literally the screen kinda jumped and I went from 775 to 5696 almost 5000 entries jumped past me in one blink.

This is very suspect to me. The thing is there is no way to track teams that are not your own. There is no search option to put in a user name and search to see his team at the beginning of the night, maybe take screen shot and then compare the lineup later. You'd have to page thru 5000 pages or more of 10 entries looking for the name of the other userID.
SwaggyB
Sixth Man
And1: 1,595

Post#4 » by SwaggyB » Mon Feb 2, 2015 2:10 pm

Thing is, you don't see how frequently those lineups lose... It only looks crazy when they luck out. I've picked plenty of scrubs that blow up on the right night because of some extra opportunity... but I've had plenty of them completely **** the bed too.

Plenty of people play the same lineup as much as they can in tournaments, it doesn't make a whole lot of sense to play different ones in hopes that one will cash. Why not all of them?
basketballwacko2
RealGM

Post#5 » by basketballwacko2 » Fri Feb 6, 2015 5:48 pm

It all comes down to this for me, I don't see why a player picks the same line up 5-6 times in the same contest. Say a $1 contest, if you think that line up is that great and you're gonna win 1st thru 5th prizes, why not play that line up in a $2 contest as well? If the line up is that good you can win 1st place money in 2 contests instead of getting 5th place money or 6th place money in a $1 contest. Play it 2 times in the $1 contest and then use $2 to enter the big $2 contest.
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,044

Post#6 » by Scoot McGroot » Fri Feb 6, 2015 7:24 pm

basketballwacko2 wrote:It all comes down to this for me, I don't see why a player picks the same line up 5-6 times in the same contest. Say a $1 contest, if you think that line up is that great and you're gonna win 1st thru 5th prizes, why not play that line up in a $2 contest as well? If the line up is that good you can win 1st place money in 2 contests instead of getting 5th place money or 6th place money in a $1 contest. Play it 2 times in the $1 contest and then use $2 to enter the big $2 contest.

I imagine they've run the numbers, actuarial style, and have decided that's the most cost effective lineup. I imagine that for the 5 teams you see that are the same, you don't see the hundreds of other teams that are different setups (in bunches of 4-5) that will allow them to at least break even every night, and hopefully clear a big win on any given night.

A game like this isn't for the true fans. It's for guys who know a little about sports, and can crunch the numbers well. Those are the guys that will win, long-term, at Fanduel.
basketballwacko2
RealGM

Post#7 » by basketballwacko2 » Wed Oct 7, 2015 8:13 pm

In light of the news story's today, I'll ask the question again. Is FanDuel Rigged?

http://news.yahoo.com/fanduel-bans-employees-daily-fantasy-145845571.html

https://www.fanduel.com/users/shortsharpshock

The player profile above shows him winning 9971 times in NBA basketball just last season as his join date was Oct 21, 2014.

Draft Kings is now saying that they are banning their employees from playing on any daily sites such as fanduel, or yahoo daily after an employee of Draft Kings won $350,000 on a $25 dollar game on Fanduel.

What I think the problem is people that work there can have a friend open an account and then after the games have been played change the line ups to the top performers for the week.

One issue that I have is in contests where there are multiple entries allowed a player will have the exact same lineup 20 or 30 times, and win a large hunk of the prize money. I've seen the same player ID win the top 10 prizes in a contest. Coincident? Luck? Not likely. 9971 wins in one basketball season? Nobody is that lucky!!!
ThirtyOne
Freshman
And1: 4

Post#8 » by ThirtyOne » Wed Oct 7, 2015 11:44 pm

How exactly can it be rigged? Do you think Fan Duel has an operating center like those Buffalo Wild Wings commercials where they can control outcomes of games? Its definitely an advantage to have all the access to data that those employees get, but it doesnt mean they can predict the future. Plus, there are a lot of gut plays that numbers dont support.

What youve gotta understand is there are some extremely intelligent people playing these sites, and some have a lot of money. Many mathematicians, statisticians, scouts, etc all have a leg up on any normal joe. People that cover sports for a living are playing. People that were awarded a trust fund are playing (Dan Balzerian). People are even playing these sites as their sole source of income.

Honestly, I am a huge fan of these daily leagues. So much to the point that i really hate playing season long fantasy sports, because it seems they arr based too much on luck. I tend to only play NFL because basketball and baseball can be really hard to keep up with all the info due to the amount of games. The coverage outside of NFL isnt anywhere near as good in regards to injuries and player news.
ThirtyOne
Freshman

Post#9 » by ThirtyOne » Wed Oct 7, 2015 11:47 pm

And it is a very sound strategy to use all the available data/info to pick your best team and do multiple entries with it. Classic case of high risk/high reward...but if your research shows thats the best team you can form then you need to roll with it.
basketballwacko2
RealGM

Post#10 » by basketballwacko2 » Thu Oct 8, 2015 1:37 am

Ok 31 you're new here so I'll take it easy on you. Let me spell this out. Let's say you and I are friends and I work at FanDuel. You create a team, on Sunday after the 1 pm games are done I go into your lineup and change your QB to the one with the big numbers, and your RB's and WR's and the Def that got 2 interceptions for TD's. Or in Basketball I just go in after most of the games are done but maybe one late game remains and change your lineup to all the top players and give you 2-3 guys who are dirt cheap but had career days. Then you win the $300,000 and we split it. You don't give me my 1/2 I break your knee caps and cut your nuts off.
Miller4ever
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 283

Post#11 » by Miller4ever » Thu Oct 8, 2015 2:58 am

I mean, if you consider Vegas rigged, then so is Fanduel. The house is designed to win in the long run.
ThirtyOne
Freshman

Post#12 » by ThirtyOne » Thu Oct 8, 2015 5:49 am

basketballwacko2 wrote:Ok 31 you're new here so I'll take it easy on you. Let me spell this out. Let's say you and I are friends and I work at FanDuel. You create a team, on Sunday after the 1 pm games are done I go into your lineup and change your QB to the one with the big numbers, and your RB's and WR's and the Def that got 2 interceptions for TD's. Or in Basketball I just go in after most of the games are done but maybe one late game remains and change your lineup to all the top players and give you 2-3 guys who are dirt cheap but had career days. Then you win the $300,000 and we split it. You don't give me my 1/2 I break your knee caps and cut your nuts off.

Thanks for breaking that down. I didn't realize you were referencing a full blown conspiracy theory for these sites...but rather the current issue at hand of employees using ownership data to form a more unique team.

Return to Indiana Pacers