Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers
And1: 807

Game 50, Cavaliers vs. Pacers 

Post#1 » by Jake0890 » Fri Feb 6, 2015 10:50 pm

February 6, 2015
7:00 PM EST
Bankers Life Fieldhouse - Indianapolis, IN

Ian Mahinmi and Lavoy Allen will both be out for tonight's game while the Cavaliers will be relatively healthy outside of Anderson Varejao.
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,063

Re: Game 50, Cavaliers vs. Pacers 

Post#2 » by Scoot McGroot » Sat Feb 7, 2015 12:30 am

Cavs have also been on a great roll lately.
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#3 » by Scoot McGroot » Sat Feb 7, 2015 12:33 am

Shayne Whittington getting some early minutes in the 1st with Ian and Lavoy out.
Jake0890
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers
And1: 807

Post#4 » by Jake0890 » Sat Feb 7, 2015 12:39 am

DWest showing he's still our best player at the moment.
Nuntius
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,350

Post#5 » by Nuntius » Sat Feb 7, 2015 2:52 am

That was an amazing win. CJ Miles and Solomon Hill were huge in the 4th. David West, George Hill and Roy Hibbert were great all game long (Roy played 40 minutes and was giving his all until the final whistle).

I'm really proud of our team. They deserve our respect.
"No wolf shall keep his secrets, no bird shall dance the skyline
And I am left with nothing but an oath that gleams like a sword
To bathe in the blood of man
Mankind..."

She Painted Fire Across the Skyline, Part 3
- Agalloch
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#6 » by Scoot McGroot » Sat Feb 7, 2015 3:27 am

George HIll had, possibly, the craziest play of the year in the 4th to help finish off the win. This team just clicks with George Hill. It's insane how much better he makes them. Also, it's insanely fun to see David West play with George Hill. Those two REALLY love to play together and really respect each other.
EuroPacer
Sixth Man
And1: 785

Post#7 » by EuroPacer » Sat Feb 7, 2015 9:54 am

Yeah, it is good to see that Hill is able to demonstrate his value in these games. It looks like he has matured considerably in the last calendar year with all the struggles we've had, I get the impression he is becoming a true floor-general as well now, not always the most flashy (although that one handed shot...) not always the most dominant presence, but taking on the mantle of responsibility and making sure good plays are executed well.

Wins like this make me feel better about the prospect of this team and a desire to blow it up is rapidly disappearing.
Vogel is Dutch for Bird.
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#8 » by Scoot McGroot » Sat Feb 7, 2015 2:29 pm

Ya know, I'd be more than ok with a Trey Lyles, Jerian Grant, or Justise Winslow in the 12-17 range of the draft, especially if we could add them to the vets, not in spite of them. Lyles learning under West for a year or two? Awesome.
Jermainevent
Senior
And1: 152

Post#9 » by Jermainevent » Sat Feb 7, 2015 4:09 pm

Great win last nite, incredibly impressed by this team's resolve. They could have easily wilted when they fell behind, but instead they dusted themselves off, battled back, and ruined the king's winning streak. Might as well let the last 32 play out, this team is clearly not interested in positioning themselves for the lottery, so here's hoping that by playing the game the right way we get some good mojo coming our way.
“Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food.”
― Hippocrates
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#10 » by Scoot McGroot » Sat Feb 7, 2015 4:27 pm

Jermainevent wrote:Great win last nite, incredibly impressed by this team's resolve. They could have easily wilted when they fell behind, but instead they dusted themselves off, battled back, and ruined the king's winning streak. Might as well let the last 32 play out, this team is clearly not interested in positioning themselves for the lottery, so here's hoping that by playing the game the right way we get some good mojo coming our way.

Agreed. No matter what, there's value in this draft in the full 12-18 range, in all likelihood, so even in the "worst case scenario", of the Pacers either making the 8seed I'm the playoffs and losing the 15 pick would still add a useful piece, while still making the playoffs. Just barely missing the playoffs but not tanking? Probably no later than 12. And with a wide array of guys that could help this team immediately and long term (Winslow, Grant, Cauley-Stein, Lyles, Kaminsky, Dekker, Harrell, Alexander, Levert, Hunter, etc), I'm just not worried.
d boy gentleman
Analyst
And1: 1,311

Post#11 » by d boy gentleman » Sat Feb 28, 2015 2:25 am

Oh, those Flo-Jo (R.I.P) unis are sweet! Only thing that would be better is if the game was being played
@ Market Square Arena.
coldfish wrote:Zach should file a complaint. Some of those non calls were battery complaints.

Stratmaster wrote:Will Perdue says asinine things, and his pants are way too short.

sco wrote: New Orleans has to be one of the, if not THE hardest city to eat healthy. I think they fry the water.
pacers33
Rookie
And1: 1,304

Post#12 » by pacers33 » Sat Feb 28, 2015 2:47 am

Scoot McGroot wrote:
Jermainevent wrote:Great win last nite, incredibly impressed by this team's resolve. They could have easily wilted when they fell behind, but instead they dusted themselves off, battled back, and ruined the king's winning streak. Might as well let the last 32 play out, this team is clearly not interested in positioning themselves for the lottery, so here's hoping that by playing the game the right way we get some good mojo coming our way.

Agreed. No matter what, there's value in this draft in the full 12-18 range, in all likelihood, so even in the "worst case scenario", of the Pacers either making the 8seed I'm the playoffs and losing the 15 pick would still add a useful piece, while still making the playoffs. Just barely missing the playoffs but not tanking? Probably no later than 12. And with a wide array of guys that could help this team immediately and long term (Winslow, Grant, Cauley-Stein, Lyles, Kaminsky, Dekker, Harrell, Alexander, Levert, Hunter, etc), I'm just not worried.

Yeah I think the league is full of teams that are on the edge of a cliff. We're lucky to be in a position that we can lose and still win from, either way. Losing only increases our draft stock, winning gives guys more time to play and experience, plus team morale, but a mid-level draft pick. I have to say I'm pleased with how we've done things so far. I personally don't believe in tanking, we've got tough guys on our team who can keep that winning culture going without Paul George being there. When he comes back in March, even better.
TheGameWinner
Veteran
And1: 1,361

Post#13 » by TheGameWinner » Sat Feb 28, 2015 4:48 am

8th seed! So happy, ATL is gonna get sunk in the first round if PG is in the mix
mikepacernation
Pro Prospect
And1: 44

Game 50, Cavaliers vs. Pacers 

Post#14 » by mikepacernation » Sat Feb 28, 2015 6:06 pm

TheGameWinner wrote:8th seed! So happy, ATL is gonna get sunk in the first round if PG is in the mix
wouldn't be so sure about that. Atl took us to 7 last year an they are way better this year than last

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums

Return to Indiana Pacers