Moderators: pacers33granger, boomershadow, Grang33r, pacerfan, Jake0890

Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,025

Re: Stuckey says he wants to re-sign 

Post#21 » by Scoot McGroot » Tue Mar 17, 2015 12:38 am

basketballwacko2 wrote:
Scoot McGroot wrote:Anything over $1m (roughly), would require the usage of cap space or our MLE or BAE to sign Stuckey. We will have no Bird Rights on him.

Give him a 3yr deal $3-4 million with a player option in y2 an team option in y3. Assuming that's legal. :D

It would use up the MLE, new img we'd have $1-2m left of it for another Damo like signing.

And no, it's not legal. A contract can only have one option on it. And only for he last year of the deal.
Wizop
RealGM
And1: 3,987

Post#22 » by Wizop » Wed Mar 18, 2015 2:18 pm

I expect a lot of one year deals this summer as players position for the higher cap in the following summer.
Please edit long quotes to only show what puts your new message into context.
Miller4ever
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 283

Post#23 » by Miller4ever » Thu Mar 19, 2015 4:11 am

Stuckey brings the offensive dimension that Lance did except without the doo-doo headcase stuff at the cost of being a less good distributor. He brings a different dimension to this team, and whether he's starting or coming off the bench he's a net positive (like West) most of the time. His health concerns me given the way he plays, but I think that'll make him easier to re-sign. There is a possibility somebody loses out on a big name they wanted in FA this summer and outbids us by a lot.

We got him for under a million this season. Props to the front office. If he can be kept along with one of the backup points we have now and Scola (a tall order), then I believe a 2015-16 championship could be possible.

Return to Indiana Pacers