Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,048

Re: If WCS is off the board at #11... 

Post#21 » by Scoot McGroot » Tue Jun 23, 2015 7:44 pm

Clutch31 wrote:
basketballwacko2 wrote:
MNPacersfan wrote:If he's off the board trade with BOS so that they can grab Turner. Send them 11 and (is it) 42 for their 1st round picks.

No need to add our 2nd which is 43. They should do 16, 28 and 33 for the 11, if Turner is the guy they want and he's there when we pick we make the call to them demand those picks or we take him. If they go for it we pick Portis at 16, then I'd take the 2 2nds 33 and 43 and try to get a late 1st from SA or Mem maybe even Dallas to get RJ Hunter and with the 28 pick draft best player available.

That would give us a lot of young cheap talent. Then offload West and Hibbert for whatever you can get and tank for a year.
That gives the team a real high draft pick combined with a lot of young talent and PG13, George Hill, Solomon Hill and cap space to sign another good player. The team could be loaded with talent in a year.

Are you benching Paul George and George Hill? Because, if those two are kept, I think they can win 35+ no matter who they're surrounded with. Hill alone almost did that this year.
Boneman2
General Manager
And1: 1,532

Re: If WCS is off the board at #11... 

Post#22 » by Boneman2 » Tue Jun 23, 2015 8:04 pm

basketballwacko2 wrote:
Boneman2 wrote:
basketballwacko2 wrote:
The Pacers are not gonna tank. Tanking sets up a culture of losing, who has tanked for a year and come back to be really good? I see the teams that have done still stinking it up 3-4 yrs later. Hibbert may be traded but West will not be, this talk of tanking needs to stop.

The Spurs, Colts, Cavs, etc...

The only possible way to acquire a top-3 pick is if we are just that bad or we trade up. But you are right, outright tanking does breed a culture of losing, which is evident in more than a few franchises. I am glad Larry believes in competing no matter the situation.

I disagree with the premise of tanking where those teams are involved. The Spurs went down one year due to injuries, got Duncan and snapped back, same for the Colts terrible season after Peyton's inury, and the Cavs were horrible for 4-5 yrs after Lebron walked. None of these teams deliberately gutted their teams so they could get a high pick. The Cavs only came back now because they resigned LBJ and made a few trades, what happens to them after next season Love leaves for LA, Lebron disgruntled again when GSW beats them again and he takes a hike? Where will they be?

Look at the teams that have been good or Ok and then blown it up. Denver after dealing Carmello, Orlando after the trade of Howard, the current Philly team. Boston dumped KG and Pierce for a package and picks but they aren't winning any titles any time soon. They will be lucky to make the playoffs again in 2015-16.

I agreed with your premise in saying that outright tanking is a disgrace.
"A man who fears suffering is already suffering from what he fears." -Michel de Montaigne

Return to Indiana Pacers