Aldridge on Hibbert

Moderators: pacers33granger, Grang33r, pacerfan, Jake0890, boomershadow

Grang33r
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers
And1: 401

Aldridge on Hibbert 

Post#1 » by Grang33r » Thu Jun 25, 2015 4:56 am

I realize this could be taken out of context as the setting doesn't seem to be too legit. But, im watching the NBA mock draft on NBA TV right now (they had Pacers pick Cameron Payne). The panel started talking about how Payne fits the Pacers with Hibbert and David Aldridge steps in and goes "Hibbert has no future there. He either will opt out or if he opts in, they will trade him."

Didn't seem like an opinion and Aldridge is one of the best insiders in the game IMO. But, take it for what its worth...
The first rule of Basketball: Believe.
Follow on twitter @Grang33r
Moooose
Starter
And1: 203

Re: Aldridge on Hibbert 

Post#2 » by Moooose » Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:39 am

I think so too. I mean, this drama has to end, right? Hibbert wouldn't be okay with not being a starter and the coaches and the front office is throwing darts at him by saying we need to get faster.
MNPacersfan
Junior
And1: 14

Post#3 » by MNPacersfan » Thu Jun 25, 2015 2:39 pm

The only way he opts out of that much money is if his agent has secured a committment for a fairly lengthy deal at a larger sum. 4 years $44M? Something like that. Then Hibbert will opt out for the long term security. At this point I don't see that happening, though. The only question left is whether the Pacers send him out in the off-season to a team that's looking at next summer's cap, or give him a shot to break into the rotation early and move him near the deadline if he continues to struggle. Best trade would seem to be with a team that has some spare parts they're willing to dish to take a chance on a rim protector.
It's not going to be a great trade market.
jarryd3107
Pro Prospect
And1: 129

Post#4 » by jarryd3107 » Fri Jun 26, 2015 4:02 am

The other option is for Hibbert to slim down and get more mobile and play well. Hahahaha .. ha.

Return to Indiana Pacers