33%

Total votes: 3

Grang33r
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers
And1: 404

Fair or foul- G.Hill found out of trade via voicemail 

Post#1 » by Grang33r » Tue Jul 19, 2016 1:21 am

The NBA moves fast. It’s a league dominated by individual players, and the resulting movement. If you’re not up on everything, you’ll fall behind; and Woj and Shams already know what you’re having for dinner. On August 18th.

This is why it’s understandable that Indiana Pacers president Larry Bird left a voicemail for former Pacers guard George Hill to inform him that he’d been dealt away from his hometown team and to the Utah Jazz. If Bird hadn’t left that voicemail, the thinking goes, Hill would have to hear the news via Twitter, website, a TV station’s ticker, or any number of text messages asking “Utah?”

Rest of story - http://sports.yahoo.com/news/george-hill-learned-about-his-trade-to-utah-via-a-voicemail-from-larry-bird-212031845.html

I guess it's better then finding out from the tv or a friend? Or even a text message. Story could be misleading, maybe Bird called several times and then decided to just tell him before someone texts it to him?

You decide, is it fair or foul ?
The first rule of Basketball: Believe.
Follow on twitter @Grang33r
boomershadow
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers
And1: 6,305

Re: Fair or foul- G.Hill found out of trade via voicemail 

Post#2 » by boomershadow » Tue Jul 19, 2016 3:03 am

I really couldn't care less one way or the other.
SmashMouthRod
Rookie
And1: 210

Post#3 » by SmashMouthRod » Tue Jul 19, 2016 12:06 pm

I would say its fair because Hill didnt answer the phone. At least Bird attempted to call.
chube
Bench Warmer
And1: 51

Post#4 » by chube » Tue Jul 19, 2016 3:58 pm

Fair. Bird tried to call and didn't pull a Pat Riley. And assuming the voicemail wasn't, "You're traded, bye, *click*," my guess is there was some communication after the fact. George has been around long enough to know to expect the unexpected

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums

Return to Indiana Pacers