Trade Rumors

Moderators: pacers33granger, Grang33r, pacerfan, Jake0890, boomershadow

Pacers_Freak
Veteran
And1: 2,712

Re: Trade Rumors 

Post#41 » by Pacers_Freak » Fri Feb 24, 2017 8:57 pm

chube wrote:Apparently PG is miffed at being kept in the dark about trade rumors. Looks like Bird's demeanor is rubbing another the wrong way (a la Hibbert/West)

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums

I think part of this is true and I think part of it is PG being a little confused about who he is. He exudes this Lebron type of control where he thinks people should consult him and ask for his opinion and in essence he should run the franchise. We all know that he is not even close to that level. There is only one person in the world that is.
Assistant Coach
And1: 602

Post#42 » by 8305 » Mon Feb 27, 2017 11:03 am

I've always thought the model approach for trading a star player was the way Utah moved Derron Williams. They got two elite assets Favors and what turned out to the 4th? pick in the 2011 draft. Equally important the deal was quiet until announced. No conversations with the player just get a reasonably fair return and move on.

Using that deal as a gauge a fair return would have been the Brooklyn 17 pick and Jalyn Brown. Take back whatever salaries it took to make the deal work. Who else is out there that can match that offer and have some hope of resigning Paul. You can't expect Boston to compete with themselves. If that deal was on the table and Larry walked he screwed up in my opinion. The notion that the Celtics would give three of Crowder, Smart, Brown or Bradley and the pick (one rumor I saw) was silly. Heck make that deal and we are a better team right now (4 months before the draft).

Now the circus is in town and will be until Paul gets moved and make no mistake this needs to happen. Lose him for nothing and the Pacers will be playing to an audience of crickets.
Pacers_Freak
Veteran
And1: 2,712

Post#43 » by Pacers_Freak » Mon Feb 27, 2017 2:16 pm

8305 wrote:I've always thought the model approach for trading a star player was the way Utah moved Derron Williams. They got two elite assets Favors and what turned out to the 4th? pick in the 2011 draft. Equally important the deal was quiet until announced. No conversations with the player just get a reasonably fair return and move on.

Using that deal as a gauge a fair return would have been the Brooklyn 17 pick and Jalyn Brown. Take back whatever salaries it took to make the deal work. Who else is out there that can match that offer and have some hope of resigning Paul. You can't expect Boston to compete with themselves. If that deal was on the table and Larry walked he screwed up in my opinion. The notion that the Celtics would give three of Crowder, Smart, Brown or Bradley and the pick (one rumor I saw) was silly. Heck make that deal and we are a better team right now (4 months before the draft).

Now the circus is in town and will be until Paul gets moved and make no mistake this needs to happen. Lose him for nothing and the Pacers will be playing to an audience of crickets.

In fairness if they trade him the audience will be crickets as well. It will be rebuild time.
Assistant Coach
And1: 602

Post#44 » by 8305 » Mon Feb 27, 2017 4:27 pm

Pacers_Freak wrote:
8305 wrote:I've always thought the model approach for trading a star player was the way Utah moved Derron Williams. They got two elite assets Favors and what turned out to the 4th? pick in the 2011 draft. Equally important the deal was quiet until announced. No conversations with the player just get a reasonably fair return and move on.

In fairness if they trade him the audience will be crickets as well. It will be rebuild time.

You have an attendance problem when the market knows he's got one foot out the door, if he's gone with young assets replacing him and certainly if you get nothing for him.
SBM
Bench Warmer
And1: 236

Post#45 » by SBM » Mon Feb 27, 2017 6:26 pm

Please, its always Boston. Call Minny and send George there for Lavine and there 1st+ filler to make dollars work and move on.
Mattya
RealGM
And1: 6,314

Post#46 » by Mattya » Mon Feb 27, 2017 6:40 pm

SBM wrote:Please, its always Boston. Call Minny and send George there for Lavine and there 1st+ filler to make dollars work and move on.

Can't imagine the Wolves trading much value with our history of players rumored to want to go to the Lakers.
basketballwacko2
RealGM
And1: 3,934

Post#47 » by basketballwacko2 » Tue Feb 28, 2017 3:13 am

If PG is really wanting to leave we have to trade him. The Management needs to have a no "BS" conversation with him and find out if he will sign the 5 yr deal and give the team 2 years to improve, if not he can be traded then. If he won't sign the extension then he has to be traded this summer.
Wizop
RealGM
And1: 4,070

Post#48 » by Wizop » Tue Feb 28, 2017 4:11 pm

He did meet with Herb Simon
Please edit long quotes to only show what puts your new message into context.

Return to Indiana Pacers