We might as well go ahead and miss the playoffs.

Moderators: pacers33granger, Grang33r, pacerfan, Jake0890, boomershadow

basketballwacko2
RealGM
And1: 3,934

Re: We might as well go ahead and miss the playoffs. 

Post#41 » by basketballwacko2 » Tue Apr 4, 2017 9:47 pm

SmashMouthRod wrote:
basketballwacko2 wrote:
SmashMouthRod wrote:I agree that this team appears to miss Frank. Myles has seemingly had a down year after showing so much promise under Frank. Im thrilled about Lance rejoining the team; but it might just not be enough. The biggest difference with this team is attitude/edge in contrast to Frank Vogel coached teams.

Are you saying Myles Turner has seemingly had a down year? That's nuts who thinks that? We're you expecting 25/10 and 3 blocks per game. He just turned 21! He's at 14.4 points, 7.2 reb, and 2.1 blocks and he's 4th in the NBA in blocks.

Now if you're talking about CJ "Miles" then you might have a point.

I was expecting 16 to 17 per game. He has been a model of inconsistency this season. Heres his last 11 games. In bold are his point totals. Immediately to the right of the bold point totals is his rebounding numbers. He's averaging 9 more minutes per game this season and only went up a slight 1.7 (I will round it up to 2 rebounds) from 5.5 last season and 4 points (from 10.3 last season). Not to mention he only started 30 games last season. I would be willing to bet that his games started (30) in 15-16 season averages are closer to the statistical output this season. What does his age have to do with anything? Towns is 21, Anthony Davis came in the league at 19. Myles was more consistent last season with inconsistent minutes under Vogel was my point.

Your expectation are unrealistic. Expecting him to be Towns or AD is expecting too much. If he was the physical specimen that AD was at 19 he would have been the 2nd pick in the draft not 11th. Turner is gonna be a very good player expecting Allstar numbers in his 2nd season is just unrealistic.
Wizop
RealGM
And1: 4,070

Post#42 » by Wizop » Sat Apr 8, 2017 1:17 pm

We control our destiny again now that we are ahead of Miami in the loss column. Hawks got two big wins but face the cavs again Sunday so we could get above the eight if we win out.

Sent from my 831C using RealGM mobile app
Please edit long quotes to only show what puts your new message into context.
SmashMouthRod
Rookie
And1: 210

Post#43 » by SmashMouthRod » Sun Apr 9, 2017 7:47 pm

I have to admit this is the first time I have gone from thinking Indy or any of my teams for that matter should play for the lottery to being excited for the potential in the playoffs. I have always supported and believed in Lance; even against many Pacers fans; but I didnt believe he would change the potential for this team this late in the season. I have been patiently waiting for GR3 to return to see what the bench rotation will look like now because all of a sudden It looks like this team can be the most dangerous team in the playoffs. If Im Boston, Toronto or Washington I dont want to play this team in round one. Im hoping Nate will play GR3 at the four some upon his return.

Teague/Brooks
Ellis/Stephenson
George/Miles
Young/GR3/Lavoy (when a traditional big is needed)
Turner/Seraphin
Cresy06
Junior
And1: 457

Post#44 » by Cresy06 » Sun Apr 9, 2017 10:10 pm

SmashMouthRod wrote:I have to admit this is the first time I have gone from thinking Indy or any of my teams for that matter should play for the lottery to being excited for the potential in the playoffs. I have always supported and believed in Lance; even against many Pacers fans; but I didnt believe he would change the potential for this team this late in the season. I have been patiently waiting for GR3 to return to see what the bench rotation will look like now because all of a sudden It looks like this team can be the most dangerous team in the playoffs. If Im Boston, Toronto or Washington I dont want to play this team in round one. Im hoping Nate will play GR3 at the four some upon his return.

Teague/Brooks
Ellis/Stephenson
George/Miles
Young/GR3/Lavoy (when a traditional big is needed)
Turner/Seraphin

I hope Nate cuts Brooks from the rotation and plays Lance as the backup PG.
It would make sense because in the playoffs you're not going to have a 11 man rotation, normally coaches cut it down to a 9 man rotation. I do think Nate will have a 10 Man rotation with Lavoy and Big Al, if he is fully healthy
Wizop
RealGM
And1: 4,070

Post#45 » by Wizop » Sun Apr 9, 2017 11:38 pm

Cavs blew two to Hawks hurting our shot at six.

Sent from my 831C using RealGM mobile app
Please edit long quotes to only show what puts your new message into context.
basketballwacko2
RealGM
And1: 3,934

Post#46 » by basketballwacko2 » Mon Apr 10, 2017 10:32 am

Well it looks like our Pacers have gotten themselves back in the hunt for a playoff spot. A week ago I said they were dead in the water. Now they look like they could make some noise. Is this all because of Lance? Has he lit a fire under PG. Paul said he was happy to have his buddy back! Called him his brother said he loved him. I don't care as long as they keep playing well.

Return to Indiana Pacers