Rookie
And1: 773

Re: Paul George officially left off All-NBA teams 

Post#62 » by cycl0nus » Wed May 24, 2017 2:08 am

exactly. deng brewer and prospect: tarik black for pg and filler.. there u go

MrWaffles wrote:
Global Game wrote:
MrWaffles wrote:

LOL! Not a damn chance we're trading Ingram for an expiring contract.

PG's camp has already informed Lakers FO to not trade for him. Magic has already stated he's saving money for next year's class (PG,COUSINS,WESTBROOK).

Pacers will be lucky to get a late 1st for him.

My only trade offer to the Pacers. Randle + Deng for PG. That's it.

Paul George isn't an expiring for the Lakers if he wants to play there and tells them he wants to sign a long term agreement.
George wants to be a Laker.

The Lakers aren't building a team around Paul George's backup. A back up who's contract expires in 2019.
Not when they also have Lonzo Ball.

Time is the most valuable asset.
No wise person would waste a year of Paul George's prime.
A wise person would trade to acquire him this summer.

Uhh.. We will waste a year of his prime. What are we going to do, team him up with Mozgov and Deng? LOL!

We must first get rid of our cancer contracts and then we can sign PG.
Global Game
Junior
And1: 70

Post#63 » by Global Game » Wed May 24, 2017 2:28 am

Grang33r wrote:
Global Game wrote:Play chicken.
Don’t trade Paul George.

Sign Ian Clark, Patty Mills, or Redick to less money than Teague.

Draft Sindarius Thornwell at 19
Sign Thomas Heurtel and Anthony Randolph

Re-tool so the organization has a chance to be competitive.
If he leaves, they’ll have cap flexibility and a competitive team.

And where is that team going to go?

Where all teams with great talents go when they improve their weaknesses with complementary parts.
To victory!
Global Game
Junior

Post#64 » by Global Game » Wed May 24, 2017 2:59 am

Use picks 19, 47, Jefferson and Ellis' expiring contracts to acquire rim protecting rebounding bigs: Alexis Ajinca, Tyson Chandler, or Omer Asik.

Mills/Heurtel
Stephenson/Robinson
George/Randolph
Turner/Young/Christmas
Ajinca/Chandler/Seraphin

This season's small, no shooter having, no depth having roster lost the series to the Cavs by 16 points total.

If the Pacers improve their weaknesses from this year, they're a 2 seed in the East that can beat Cleveland.
They need to remember who they were and how close they were.
Compete. Make history.
georgy33
Ballboy
And1: 2

Post#65 » by georgy33 » Wed May 24, 2017 9:17 am

Global Game wrote:Use picks 19, 47, Jefferson and Ellis' expiring contracts to acquire rim protecting rebounding bigs: Alexis Ajinca, Tyson Chandler, or Omer Asik.

Mills/Heurtel
Stephenson/Robinson
George/Randolph
Turner/Young/Christmas
Ajinca/Chandler/Seraphin

This season's small, no shooter having, no depth having roster lost the series to the Cavs by 16 points total.

If the Pacers improve their weaknesses from this year, they're a 2 seed in the East that can beat Cleveland.
Compete. Make history.

There is some sense in your post,but still seems this is a joke
Wizop
RealGM
And1: 4,070

Post#66 » by Wizop » Wed May 24, 2017 1:49 pm

what is the fascination with Randolph? people have been posting ideas to get him for years and yet I don't recall him being very successful elsewhere. of course, I mostly watch Pacer games and playoff games so maybe I'm missing something.
Please edit long quotes to only show what puts your new message into context.
basketballwacko2
RealGM
And1: 3,934

Post#67 » by basketballwacko2 » Thu May 25, 2017 3:11 am

Jermainevent wrote:That 76ers deal sounds too good to be true. Also, pretty pathetic if true that he wants to join forces to LeBron.

I don't believe PG wants to go to Cleveland he and LBJ play the same position. I don't know about that guys claim that Portland is his other place, but if he was to go to Portland and they didn't give up Lilliard and CJ with Nurkic and PG they'd be a decent PF away from a very good team.

So the Blazers give us 4 #1 picks and what else?
basketballwacko2
RealGM

Post#68 » by basketballwacko2 » Thu May 25, 2017 3:22 am

Wizop wrote:what is the fascination with Randolph? people have been posting ideas to get him for years and yet I don't recall him being very successful elsewhere. of course, I mostly watch Pacer games and playoff games so maybe I'm missing something.

He was one of the players that was supposed to be really good that never did anything. He's gonna be 28 in July the most games he's ever played has been 63 in his rookie year, the most points he's ever averaged is 11.7 and 5.2 rebounds in 23 games. He's been out of the NBA for 3 full seasons. There is a reason he's playing in Germany.
basketballwacko2
RealGM

Post#69 » by basketballwacko2 » Thu May 25, 2017 3:24 am

I do like Ian Clark, if he gets minutes he could be a big time producer.
SBM
Bench Warmer
And1: 236

Post#70 » by SBM » Thu May 25, 2017 3:56 am

Ian Clark will be a overpriced backup in Free Agency. Not sure if I would go that way with other obvious starter needs like SG. That may should be our first priority.
basketballwacko2
RealGM

Post#71 » by basketballwacko2 » Thu May 25, 2017 4:07 am

SBM wrote:Ian Clark will be a overpriced backup in Free Agency. Not sure if I would go that way with other obvious starter needs like SG. That may should be our first priority.

Clark reminds me of Monta about 5-6 yrs ago. He could be a highly productive player but I don't want to give him big money. His 37.4% from 3 pt range is better than a lot of shooting guards but he's 6'3'' like Monta that's kinda smallish for an SG.
Global Game
Junior

Post#72 » by Global Game » Mon May 29, 2017 10:07 pm

Wizop wrote:what is the fascination with Randolph? people have been posting ideas to get him for years and yet I don't recall him being very successful elsewhere. of course, I mostly watch Pacer games and playoff games so maybe I'm missing something.

I watch leagues around the world. I've watched Randolph the last two years.
He's been very successful the last to two years in Euroleague. Euroleague/Europe is the perfect developmental league.

What he does:
Help side shot blocking.
He runs the floor like a guard.
He is athletic and long enough to defend 1 – 5. (Very useful on switches)
His ability to switch and help on screen and roll
He dominates PG, SG, and SF in the post.
If you have a Center or PF who can pass and play Randolph at SF, you can run an effective high low game.
His shooting from NBA corner three range is legitimate
He has matured.
He can be signed for far less than what he ability provide.
He has NBA experience.
He's an upgrade over Niang, Miles, Joe Young, Jefferson, Ellis, Christmas, and Allen.

Play him at SF

Global Game
Junior

Post#73 » by Global Game » Mon May 29, 2017 10:20 pm

georgy33 wrote:
Global Game wrote:Use picks 19, 47, Jefferson and Ellis' expiring contracts to acquire rim protecting rebounding bigs: Alexis Ajinca, Tyson Chandler, or Omer Asik.

Mills/Heurtel
Stephenson/Robinson
George/Randolph
Turner/Young/Christmas
Ajinca/Chandler/Seraphin

Compete. Make history.

There is some sense in your post,but still seems this is a joke

Madness perhaps.

Get Chandler or Ajinca and sign Epke Udoh.
Udoh defends well in space, big help on switches.

Sign Derrick Brown

Keep #19 and draft Thornwell

Mills/Heurtel
Stephenson/Robinson/Thornwell
George/Randolph/Brown
Turner/Young/Christmas
Chandler or Ajinca/Udoh/Seraphin

If Paul George leaves, the organization is still in a position to succeed.
Now they can replace him with a free agent PF, Center, or Small Forward. They'll have cap space.
boomershadow
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers
And1: 6,305

Post#74 » by boomershadow » Tue May 30, 2017 2:03 am

A few points to consider

1. I want to keep Teague. We'll have some cap space to make a trade (Jefferson, hopefully), sign a free agent to fill a hole, and then we can use Bird rights to pay Teague. It's still a little too much ball dominance on the floor at the same time whether Lance is in the first or second unit, but I still think it'd look better than what we did last year.

2. I'm also of the opinion that it's silly to attach a pick to trade Ellis when we could ride out with him this year and keep the pick for our future. He's a more than serviceable piece if you use him right, and I think backup PG is the spot for him at this point. An expensive one, but only for one more year.

3. Maybe switch Turner to the 4, but gotta pair him in the front court with somebody with some size for the position. I like both Turner and Young, but each on the floor at the same time made us a little too small and not quite physical enough inside

A main rotation would look like this, with some pieces needing added in FA or by trade or draft. This is what's important to get right, the end of the bench will fill itself out.

Teague/Ellis
Stephenson/Gr3
George/?
?/Young
Turner/Seraphin

Or, similarly

Teague/Ellis
Gr3/Stephenson
George/?
Turner/Young
?/Seraphin
Assistant Coach
And1: 602

Post#75 » by 8305 » Tue May 30, 2017 2:53 pm

I'd probably keep Teague too. He's a good player and supposedly wants to be here. Don't like the idea of using his money to bring in two lesser guys

I'll be disappointed if they trade the round 1 pick for a veteran. It would appear that a good player could be had with pick 18. Draft Express has us taking John Collins and I'm fine with that. I also like Terrance Ferguson.

Lance coming off the bench as the primary ball handler would afford the luxury of going with Joe Young as his backcourt mate (a guy who can actually shoot and who is no worse than Ellis defensively). This would mean GRIII would have to be the starting 2 unless we draft one. A big step forward for this franchise would be admitting that Monta is no longer a viable NBA player.

I also like the idea of moving one of our expiring contracts for a big who is perceived to be overpaid and on a longer contract (Omer Aksik).

It looks like either Thornwell or Hart could be there when we are drafting in the 2nd round. I like both of those guys.
Pacers_Freak
Veteran
And1: 2,711

Post#76 » by Pacers_Freak » Tue May 30, 2017 4:04 pm

boomershadow wrote:A few points to consider

1. I want to keep Teague. We'll have some cap space to make a trade (Jefferson, hopefully), sign a free agent to fill a hole, and then we can use Bird rights to pay Teague. It's still a little too much ball dominance on the floor at the same time whether Lance is in the first or second unit, but I still think it'd look better than what we did last year.

2. I'm also of the opinion that it's silly to attach a pick to trade Ellis when we could ride out with him this year and keep the pick for our future. He's a more than serviceable piece if you use him right, and I think backup PG is the spot for him at this point. An expensive one, but only for one more year.

3. Maybe switch Turner to the 4, but gotta pair him in the front court with somebody with some size for the position. I like both Turner and Young, but each on the floor at the same time made us a little too small and not quite physical enough inside

A main rotation would look like this, with some pieces needing added in FA or by trade or draft. This is what's important to get right, the end of the bench will fill itself out.

Teague/Ellis
Stephenson/Gr3
George/?
?/Young
Turner/Seraphin

Or, similarly

Teague/Ellis
Gr3/Stephenson
George/?
Turner/Young
?/Seraphin

I like lineup 2 better. Like you alluded to I think Teague, Lance, and PG are all too ball dominate. Our bench has needed a spark for years and I like Lance in that role.
Wizop
RealGM

Post#77 » by Wizop » Tue May 30, 2017 5:39 pm

boomershadow wrote:
Teague/Ellis
Gr3/Stephenson
George/?
Turner/Young
?/Seraphin

or s shorter rotation perhaps for playoffs

Teague/Ellis
Gr3/Stephenson
George/GR3
Turner/X
Young/X

where X is someone capable of playing both 4 and 5 and no one on the current roster adequately fits that description. I reject the idea of signing a free agent center that is only a center as we have that in Seraphin and Jefferson. Christmas and Allen also fit that description to some extent. Niang hasn't shown he's ready to be anything.pick 18 might provide a swing big.
boomershadow
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers
And1: 6,305

Post#78 » by boomershadow » Tue May 30, 2017 8:30 pm

If we are not gonna keep Teague, we could use that Bird right money on CJ Miles. That is money we basically wouldn't be able to use on anyone else, so it wouldn't make sense to me to let them both go.

What I don't think we will see is some of the massive turnover I've seen on a few other examples, unless a big trade ends up going down. We don't have so much cap space that it makes sense just letting our pieces walk for nothing and using space to sign similar but different players. I'd rather try to use the draw of playing with PG and sign one higher dollar player (Griffin or Hayward being the best options of course) and ending up with the rotation pieces we have in place now plus a piece that looks like a real upgrade.
Wizop
RealGM

Post#79 » by Wizop » Tue May 30, 2017 9:54 pm

I've written this before but I've heard Teague will ask for much less than most assume.

Sent from my 831C using RealGM mobile app
basketballwacko2
RealGM

Post#80 » by basketballwacko2 » Wed May 31, 2017 8:28 pm

cycl0nus wrote:exactly. deng brewer and prospect: tarik black for pg and filler.. there u go

That's garbage go away and don't come back.

Return to Indiana Pacers