ImageImageImageImageImage

A.J. Hawk is in the market.

Moderator: nykgeneralmanager

I_Love_NYK
RealGM
And1: 122

A.J. Hawk is in the market. 

Post#1 » by I_Love_NYK » Thu Sep 16, 2010 1:46 pm

He has really struggled in Dom Cappers 3-4 scheme in green bay and he was one of they're best Linebackers under the 4-3. Jonathan Goff did a good job on sunday against the run but we have to see how he is against a pass-happy team like the Colts.

http://football.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/18510/20100916/aj_hawk_would_be_open_to_trade/
hobojoe2131
Assistant Coach
And1: 1

Re: A.J. Hawk is in the market. 

Post#2 » by hobojoe2131 » Thu Sep 16, 2010 6:08 pm

He has a monster contract. But I'm sure JR and co will do their due diligence.
^ MP creation
I_Love_NYK
RealGM
And1: 122

Post#3 » by I_Love_NYK » Thu Sep 16, 2010 6:55 pm

Well hopefully Goff is the man to fill that at MLB, but I am pretty sure he will be looked at if Goff struggles later on and he is still available.

I'm also confident Jerry Reese can work something out, especially if he wants to get traded so he can start again.
cgf
RealGM
And1: 9,653

Post#4 » by cgf » Mon Sep 20, 2010 7:09 am

I_Love_NYK wrote:He has really struggled in Dom Cappers 3-4 scheme in green bay and he was one of they're best Linebackers under the 4-3. Jonathan Goff did a good job on sunday against the run but we have to see how he is against a pass-happy team like the Colts.

http://football.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/18510/20100916/aj_hawk_would_be_open_to_trade/

No he wasn't, AJ Hawk's been better in the 3-4 than he was in the 4-3, at least by a little bit, he's not actually good enough for me to feel confident saying he's better than he was, but he's a little less useless. Now had he been drafted to play 4-3 MIKE behind to mammoths like the Williams wall in Minnesota, he might not have become so useless, but as is Hawk is a bust who's not as good as Goff.
cgmw wrote:Basically, in conclusion: I'd like Dolan to get off my lawn.

Capn'O wrote:We're not the kid cousin. We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.

Return to New York Giants