ImageImageImageImageImage

Do the Giants have their 2nd chance for a dynasty?

Moderator: nykgeneralmanager

Stannis
RealGM
And1: 9,927

Do the Giants have their 2nd chance for a dynasty? 

Post#1 » by Stannis » Tue Feb 7, 2012 5:10 pm

The season following the 2007-2008 Super Bowl win. The Giants looked like an elite team until Burress had the gun incident and had to leave the team. They were "this close" to having their dynasty.

You think starting this upcoming season, the Giants can start an elite dynasty? They have one of the best receiving cores in the NFL, ELIte QB, always with the good defensive line. Hopefully, Terrell Thomas comes back good and strong and Prince develops some more. If so I think their secondary is good. I think if they can get a couple of good rookies out of the draft to fill up their linebackers and offensive line, they can start an elite dynasty and win it all again.

Not trying to take away anything from the Super Bowl win, I will always be happy about this win and never ask for more.
:D
Free Palestine
Happyfoosball
Assistant Coach
And1: 3

Re: Do the Giants have their 2nd chance for a dynasty? 

Post#2 » by Happyfoosball » Thu Feb 9, 2012 11:44 am

Maybe. Hey they got Eli, and they have young receivers, they gotta upgrade the OL and with both tight ends having torn ACL's, gotta pick up a replacement in the draft. I'm a displaced Magic fan. I live in New York, I am from New York so thank fully I am also a Giants fan and unlike the Magic, the Giants have a tendency to get things done.

But anyway, gotta upgrade the OL, gotta pick up a TE to fill in until Ballard comes off PUP, and hopefully stay healthy and JR keeps the core of the team together. Anything can happen.
"I like our team" - Otis Smith
I_Love_NYK
RealGM
And1: 122

Re: Do the Giants have their 2nd chance for a dynasty? 

Post#3 » by I_Love_NYK » Mon Feb 13, 2012 2:29 pm

There are rumors of Visanthe Shiancoe willing to come back to the Giants. Giants have to upgrade the OT position the most. A lot of the sacks came from the edges and it was because McKenzie was getting beat. Diehl is oky at LT but they could get better at that position. Eli is better now than in 2008, and the D-Line has more depth than in 2008. Remmeber they lost Strahan due to retirement.

Giants have a tough schedule though: Steelers, Ravens, Bengals, Niners, Packers, Saints, Falcons and Cowboys and Eagles twice.

Return to New York Giants