Game 8: Steelers @ Giants!

Moderator: nykgeneralmanager

Stannis
RealGM
And1: 9,592

Game 8: Steelers @ Giants! 

Post#1 » by Stannis » Sun Nov 4, 2012 2:33 am

Go Giants!

Last game was a wakeup call. Giants are the kind of team that learn from their mistakes.
Free Palestine
ShotgunNitty
Rookie
And1: 115

Re: GAme 8: Steelers @ Giants 

Post#2 » by ShotgunNitty » Sun Nov 4, 2012 3:52 am

I hope starting Diehl doesn't affect the chemistry the offensive line has had the last few weeks. If so, pull him early and don't repeat a Ohara situation in 2010.
Ignitowsky
General Manager
And1: 2,494

Post#3 » by Ignitowsky » Sun Nov 4, 2012 10:36 pm

The G Men were handed a gift with that fumble call and then no call for the clip on JPP
All in all he's just another prick with no wall
Stannis
RealGM

Post#4 » by Stannis » Sun Nov 4, 2012 10:48 pm

Andre Brown needs to get more carries. If it was up to me, I would give him more than Bradshaw. Bradshaw is good, but he only has good games against decent defensive teams. I think Brown is more hungry and can break tackles.

It seems like Manning and Gilbride are waiting to turn up the heat in the playoffs. Butch718 said it best, their offense is uninspiring.

The Giants defense is keeping the team on top. The referees are also giving the benefit of the doubt to the Giants so far.

I love Lawrence Tynes. However, a kicker who has been in the league as long as he has, should not kick a 51 yard field goal short. Now the Steelers got them three extra points right before going into the second half.
- The Giants should probably look into getting two kickers. Tynes for the clutch kicks that need accuracy, and a kicker who just has power for the kicks over 52 yards. :lol:

A great game so far.

Ignitowsky wrote:The G Men were handed a gift with that fumble call and then no call for the clip on JPP

That was a very lucky call for the Giants.
Free Palestine
Ignitowsky
General Manager
And1: 2,494

Post#5 » by Ignitowsky » Sun Nov 4, 2012 10:56 pm

What a terrible kick.

I'm a little behind in the game. Had to pause for dinner :)
All in all he's just another prick with no wall
KOA
Lead Assistant
And1: 787

Post#6 » by KOA » Mon Nov 5, 2012 12:29 am

Absolutely terrible performance by the Giants today. Eli took the night off. Not sure why Bradshaw sees ANY carries unless Gilbride wants to deliberately get 0 yards.

This should have been a surefire win with Pittsburgh flying in this morning; the Giants really disappointed a fired up crowd.

Can anyone make a tackle or are third string backs really that good? Typical second half of the season melt down.
Stannis
RealGM

Post#7 » by Stannis » Mon Nov 5, 2012 12:42 am

The Giants continue to put too much pressure on their own defense. The coaching needs to start holding the offense more accountable. Unless the Giants want to try giving Brown more carries, they should really start throwing the ball down the field more often.
- Bradshaw is getting too much carries.
- Tynes missed 51 yard field goal.
- The special teams was horrible.
-- Weatherford had to make a tacke to stop a punt return touchdown.
- Most of all, the offense just keeps going three and out.

I am not mad at the defense. The defense cannot make tackles if they are always on the field. The Giants defense is great, but they get tired just like every other defense.
- The Steelers held possession 10 minutes longer than the Giants.

The Giants made too much mistakes to take the win, while they were still given much more yards from penalties.

KOA wrote:Absolutely terrible performance by the Giants today. Eli took the night off. Not sure why Bradshaw sees ANY carries unless Gilbride wants to deliberately get 0 yards.

This should have been a surefire win with Pittsburgh flying in this morning; the Giants really disappointed a fired up crowd.

Can anyone make a tackle or are third string backs really that good? Typical second half of the season melt down.

The Giants defense was overworked. The third string backs are running fresh against a worn out defense. The Giants offense has to start taking a load off their own defense. The three and outs are not helping the defense at all.
Free Palestine
Sark
RealGM
And1: 16,044

Post#8 » by Sark » Mon Nov 5, 2012 1:53 am

What's up with Phil Simms? Why was he cheer leading for the Steelers all game long?
I_Love_NYK
RealGM
And1: 122

Post#9 » by I_Love_NYK » Tue Nov 6, 2012 7:21 pm

Why start Diehl when Locklear was working.

"If it an't broke, don't fix it!"

The Timmons sack and the batted pass from Woodley both came from the right side.

Return to New York Giants