Giants/Packers

Moderator: nykgeneralmanager

TNBT
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 208

Giants/Packers 

Post#1 » by TNBT » Fri Nov 23, 2012 12:57 pm

I'm so hoping for a Giants win here. If we (in this case, the Giants lol) can get pressure on Rodgers, it should go a long way towards restricting his influence on the game. I'm stoked because I just found out that this game will be on free-to-air tv here. I haven't followed football very closely this season, so can someone give me a bit of an idea of how the defense is doing (particularly pass-rushers like Tuck, Pierre-Paul, Osi, etc)?
BIGGIEsmalls 23
Banned User
And1: 810

Re: Giants/Packers 

Post#2 » by BIGGIEsmalls 23 » Sat Nov 24, 2012 1:14 am

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zotyHCmXMqQ[/youtube]

BTW, I'm a Bears fan that wants you guys to BEAT THE PACKERS.
Stannis
RealGM
And1: 9,596

Shpati's Packers @ Giants Analysis & Thoughts 

Post#3 » by Stannis » Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:48 am

It was moving to finally see the Giants offense doing it all tonight. Eli played an elite game. Bradshaw and Brown looked like an exceptional rushing duo. The offensive line’s protection was sound. Most importantly, the Giants were not playing for field goals.

One thing to notice is that Bradshaw rushes with more quality, as far as average yards per carry, when Brown has a decent amount of carries as well. The Giants should continue to go with the Bradshaw-Brown duo. Bradshaw is more suited to not carry the ball over 20 times in one game.

The defense was intact. Corey Webster allowed one touchdown after the Giants just scored. After that, the game looked like it was going to be a shootout. It seemed as though Webster was showing his signs of decline, and the Giants should start worrying about their secondary. Then, Webster makes it up with an interception. It was just lovely, and he continues to never disappoint in the end.

A successful pass rushing defense is a necessity against the Packers. The Giants pass rush was astonishing. The only thing left to say for the Giants’ pass rushing is: “5 sacks” with several tackles-for-loss, extra QB hits, and a fumble.

I have a tendency to find the bad after a good game. I am not fully satisfied because the cornerstone of the Packers’ defense, Clay Matthews, was sitting out against the Giants, and the Giants are likely to meet the Packers again in the playoffs. Nonetheless, it was a fantastic win, especially since the Giants were on a two game losing streak from an offensive team collapse against the Steelers and a horrific team performance against the Bengals. It was an impressive team victory from both the offense and defense. Neither end had to carry an extra load.

TNBT wrote:I'm so hoping for a Giants win here. If we (in this case, the Giants lol) can get pressure on Rodgers, it should go a long way towards restricting his influence on the game. I'm stoked because I just found out that this game will be on free-to-air tv here. I haven't followed football very closely this season, so can someone give me a bit of an idea of how the defense is doing (particularly pass-rushers like Tuck, Pierre-Paul, Osi, etc)?

Nice key! That is exacty what the Giants did tonight.

Yikes, I totally missed your question when I first saw this thread a few days ago. Though, I am sure tonight's game answered your question. :) In the previous games, the pass rushers played really well. They always deliver with ferocity.

TNBT, please go ahead and start the next Giants Game Thread. You are good luck. :D
Free Palestine
I_Love_NYK
RealGM
And1: 122

Re: Giants/Packers 

Post#4 » by I_Love_NYK » Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:32 pm

in 2007, Derrick Ward broke his leg and the Giants had to turn to Bradshaw as their 2nd running back. Hopefully David Wilson does the same as Bradshaw back in 2007.

Return to New York Giants