ImageImageImageImageImage

Giants 2013 NFL Draft Picks

Moderator: nykgeneralmanager

I_Love_NYK
RealGM
And1: 122

Giants 2013 NFL Draft Picks 

Post#1 » by I_Love_NYK » Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:44 pm

I wanted either a Offensive Tackle or Linebacker in the first round.

Didn't hear much of Justin Pugh, but anything is better than David Diehl back at the right tackle spot again .
Stannis
RealGM
And1: 9,933

Re: Giants 2013 NFL Draft Picks 

Post#2 » by Stannis » Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:53 pm

I am happy the Giants drafted an OT. Diehl was very weak last year at the O-Line.

The team looked much better when Sean Locklear started ahead of Diehl last year. So I am sure the Pugh can do wonders for this team. Hopefully he gets some quick starts.

Next round, I would like the Giants to look out for a linebacker. Who do they have as linebackers now? They look pretty depleted there.

Update: Damontre Moore, DE and Johnathan Hankins, DT.

I guess the Giants are trying to build that nice D-line again.

I really thought they needed a linebacker. But, in the past, Giants got stuff done with crappy linebackers.
Free Palestine
LBnySuaveJav23
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,217

Post#3 » by LBnySuaveJav23 » Sat Apr 27, 2013 4:54 pm

In Reese We Trust.
"Yeah, you are. You right, bro" - Joe Dumars telling every PG on the roster they are starting.
Stannis
RealGM
And1: 9,933

Post#4 » by Stannis » Sat Apr 27, 2013 9:14 pm

4th Round: Ryan Nassib, Quarterback

This was very puzzling. Not just because Nassib is a QB, but because the Giants actually traded up to get him.

Reese said that his value was too high for the Giants not to get him.

I think the Giants are just getting insurance, after seeing what happened to Peyton Manning. Eli has been durable throughout his entire career; but, you never know. At 32 and never having a major injury, he might be due for one, sadly.

Or, they probably just picked him up because he had the most value. They might trade him later on or something.

Fifth Round: Cooper Taylor, Safety

Analyst are saying he is really big for a safety and could very well evolve into an NFL linebacker (probably on the outside). He's 6-5 :o . I hope he stays a safety. That might be interesting to watch.

The Giants only have two seventh round picks left.
Free Palestine
LBnySuaveJav23
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,217

Post#5 » by LBnySuaveJav23 » Mon Apr 29, 2013 2:35 am

Shpati21 wrote:4th Round: Ryan Nassib, Quarterback

This was very puzzling. Not just because Nassib is a QB, but because the Giants actually traded up to get him.

Reese said that his value was too high for the Giants not to get him.

I think the Giants are just getting insurance, after seeing what happened to Peyton Manning. Eli has been durable throughout his entire career; but, you never know. At 32 and never having a major injury, he might be due for one, sadly.

Or, they probably just picked him up because he had the most value. They might trade him later on or something.

Fifth Round: Cooper Taylor, Safety

Analyst are saying he is really big for a safety and could very well evolve into an NFL linebacker (probably on the outside). He's 6-5 :o . I hope he stays a safety. That might be interesting to watch.

The Giants only have two seventh round picks left.

Keep up the good fight Shpati. :D
"Yeah, you are. You right, bro" - Joe Dumars telling every PG on the roster they are starting.
I_Love_NYK
RealGM

Post#6 » by I_Love_NYK » Tue Apr 30, 2013 2:37 am

Dan Connor to me brings nothing more than what Chase Blackburn did.

I am more comfortable with Jaquan Williams than Keith Rivers. Rivers really has to prove something this year.

I heard Hankins is like the next Shaun Rogers, hopefully he does not have the weight issues Shaun Rogers has had throughout his career. Linval Joseph is a Free Agent next year, and Marvin Austin has not shown much. Giants are looking ahead.

Damontre Moore had a 2nd round grade on him so to be available at round 3. I can see why they took him.

Ryan Nassib, they have Carr. Unless they are looking to keep him for 2 years and try to rob a team like what the Eagles did with Kevin Kolb. (But I think teams are smarter now.)

Since the draft is over and free agency frenzy is over. Proven veterans like Karlos Dansby and Nick Barnett may have to settle for the leagues minimum.
I_Love_NYK
RealGM

Post#7 » by I_Love_NYK » Mon May 13, 2013 12:51 pm

So the Giants linebacker will feature

2009 4th Overall pick Aaron Curry
2008 9th Overall pick Keith Rivers (He was good when healthy.)

Both linebackers have had issues staying on the field due to injury. According to Reese all the linebackers in the 2nd and 3rd round did not have a 2nd or 3rd round grade on them and they do not reach on draft picks. I would rather rely on former 1st rounders with something to prove than 4th-7th rd linebackers in where since the 2008 only 10% of 4th-7th defensive picks went to the pro-bowl.
_Gmen_
Banned User
And1: 17

Post#8 » by _Gmen_ » Mon May 12, 2014 8:23 am

I didn't understand a lot of the Giants' picks to be honest, I gave up trying to understand after about round 2 or 3.

Return to New York Giants