ImageImageImageImageImage

Will NY Giants make playoffs?

Moderator: nykgeneralmanager

Will the Giants be picking in the top 2 of the NFL draft? And who would they pick if they do?

Yes
50%
No
25%
Teddy Bridgewater/trade for more picks
No votes
Jadeveon Clowney
25%
Jake Matthews
No votes
2nd overall QB prospect/ trade for more picks
No votes
Others
No votes

Total votes: 4

Juggynaut
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,815

Will NY Giants make playoffs? 

Post#1 » by Juggynaut » Sun Sep 8, 2013 2:35 am

Football season is here!!!! It's the NBA off season so there isn't much to discuss here so how about we talk about some football. Mods plz don't move this to NFL or Giants forum, no1 goes there. Heck u can make this topic about who your playoff standings are.

It'll be a close battle with Dallas, Redskins, and Giants since I see them all around the 9 - 7 area but I see the Cowboys finally taking the division again. Still choose the Giants to make wildcards.

Giants - 9 - 7
Cowboys 10 - 6
Redskins 9 - 7

Overall Standing in no order cause I'm too lazy to check schedules

AFC
Patriots
Bengals
Colts
Broncos
Steelers
Texans

NFC
Cowboys
Packers
Falcons
Seahawks
49ers
Giants
Boarder Patrol
Head Coach
And1: 3,743

Re: Will NY Giants make playoffs? 

Post#2 » by Boarder Patrol » Sun Sep 8, 2013 4:02 am

I say yes if only because people are saying they won't - and that's when the Giants do their best.
shokase
Banned User
And1: 521

Post#3 » by shokase » Sun Sep 8, 2013 10:52 am

AT COWBOYS...............W
BRONCOS......................L
AT PANTHERS...............W
AT CHIEFS....................W
EAGLEs..........................W
AT BEARS.....................L
VIKINGS.........................L
AT EAGLES...................W
9 BYE
RAIDERS........................W
PACKERS.......................L
COWBOYS.....................W
REDSKINS......................L
CHARGERS....................W
SEAHAWKS....................L
AT LIONS....................W
REDSKINS......................L

9-7 and i was being optimistic with 2 wins over dallas which they will probably split 1-1. Payton is on fire and might drop 9 Td passes with our pathetic secondary. Bears is a toss up. Dont see them beating the redskins if rg3 is healthy. Adrian Peterson might get 200 yards rushing on us. Seattle is another sure loss. Packers is a toss up but i think they win cuz its regular season where rodgers > manning. I can also see another 3 game season ending losing streak :sigh:

Why cant we get an easier schedule we didnt even make the playoffs :(
frogfood
Suspended
And1: 1,609

Post#4 » by frogfood » Sun Sep 8, 2013 1:24 pm

Yes. The schedule is a LOT easier than last year and IMO, they're a better team going in today.
Apples
Sixth Man
And1: 619

Post#5 » by Apples » Sun Sep 8, 2013 1:45 pm

Yes. 11-5.

Most of their "tough" opponents are at home.
LBnySuaveJav23
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,217

Post#6 » by LBnySuaveJav23 » Sun Sep 8, 2013 1:59 pm

Every other year, so yeah!
"Yeah, you are. You right, bro" - Joe Dumars telling every PG on the roster they are starting.
BeagleBoss
General Manager
And1: 4,331

Post#7 » by BeagleBoss » Sun Sep 8, 2013 4:07 pm

9-7 or 10-6 and the playoffs will be determined in those two December games against the Skins. My biggest concern aside from the injuries is the D. Not sure Connors and the two bigger bodies inside with Jenkins and Rogers will make much difference. Losing Stevie Brown was huge. But like always, it will come down to the pass rush. If JPP and Tuck are mediocre, we won't make the playoffs. Offensive and special teams are elite.
I_Love_NYK
RealGM
And1: 122

Post#8 » by I_Love_NYK » Sun Sep 8, 2013 4:48 pm

The schedule is a lot easier than last year. The Giants played the Cowboys, Redskins, Ravens, Steelers, Bengals, Packers, 49ers, Falcons

Teams who had records 500. or better.

Hakeem Nicks - It's his contract year, he performs and stays healthy he gets the money he wants. He gets hurt and does not show up he won't get paid.

Osi is gone - He should have never been on the field unless it's a passing down. Osi is one of the worse run defenders in the league now. He will give up the edge every time so that he can get to the passer.

Better DTs - Canty was hurt most of the year. Rocky Bernard was washed up. Shaun Rogers looks like he still has some left, I also like the additions of Jenkins and Hankins. JPP, Tuck and Kiwi will need to be healthy.

Seconday is a concern - Webtser should have no business defending #1 receivers anymore, safety depth is also a concern.

OL - I was never a big fan of Baas, he is overpaid and is not the C he was paid for. Diehl gave up the most sacks last year on the right side. Pugh is an upgrade, I also like Brewer he is a big body and might be a better guard than tackle. Still new bodies and they have to learn Eli's language.

10-6
JustCame
Assistant Coach
And1: 505

Post#9 » by JustCame » Sun Sep 8, 2013 7:18 pm

I doubt it. Their defense is crap.
KOA
Lead Assistant
And1: 787

Post#10 » by KOA » Sun Sep 8, 2013 7:37 pm

Hoping the giants lock up another running back; perhaps give Michael Turner a look?
KobeDwightPau
Banned User
And1: 369

Post#11 » by KobeDwightPau » Sun Sep 8, 2013 8:25 pm

GENO
Meat
Head Coach
And1: 4,490

Post#12 » by Meat » Sun Sep 8, 2013 9:02 pm

2nd rate secondary and college level linebackers. romo, peyton, rg3, rogers, cuttler,wilson even vick will tear them up. even their amazing offense isnt guaranteed nicks is injury prone and wilson is who knows
Wildcat
RealGM
And1: 1,238

Post#13 » by Wildcat » Sun Sep 8, 2013 9:12 pm

They need to pick up a win against Washington. They get that, they're in. A sweep would be gravy.
Juggynaut
Assistant Coach

Post#14 » by Juggynaut » Mon Sep 9, 2013 12:44 am

Well that was an embarrassing start.
KOA
Lead Assistant
And1: 787

Post#15 » by KOA » Mon Sep 9, 2013 12:50 am

3 turnovers on 3 possessions within 6 minutes? =/
BeagleBoss
General Manager
And1: 4,331

Post#16 » by BeagleBoss » Mon Sep 9, 2013 2:00 pm

That was painful. Type of game you just burn the tape and pretend it never happened. Just get ready for Peyton next week.
DuckIII
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,373

Post#17 » by DuckIII » Mon Sep 9, 2013 3:40 pm

Do you guys think David Wilson is going to get a reasonable second chance to redeem himself? (Fantasy related question)
Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.
Wildcat
RealGM

Post#18 » by Wildcat » Mon Sep 9, 2013 5:05 pm

DuckIII wrote:Do you guys think David Wilson is going to get a reasonable second chance to redeem himself? (Fantasy related question)

God I hope not. I've always said he's a scrub. But I guess you should wait until midweek to see if the Giants pick up another RB. I have zero confidence in this guy and the feeling is pretty widespread. Scott did a much better job at it.

They're actually going to work out Willis McGahee and Brandon Jacobs. If McGahee is healthy, the run game will be passable again. Wilson is definitely in the doghouse now.
Juggynaut
Assistant Coach

Post#19 » by Juggynaut » Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:44 am

Ralphy3699 wrote:
DuckIII wrote:Do you guys think David Wilson is going to get a reasonable second chance to redeem himself? (Fantasy related question)

God I hope not. I've always said he's a scrub. But I guess you should wait until midweek to see if the Giants pick up another RB. I have zero confidence in this guy and the feeling is pretty widespread. Scott did a much better job at it.

They're actually going to work out Willis McGahee and Brandon Jacobs. If McGahee is healthy, the run game will be passable again. Wilson is definitely in the doghouse now.

Wasted a 1st round pick on him too smh. :nonono: Never liked picking RBs in the 1st round unless he's like Adrian Peterson talent. Still should give him a chance to redeem himself, he is an explosive runner.
Wildcat
RealGM

Post#20 » by Wildcat » Tue Sep 10, 2013 3:43 pm

Juggynaut wrote:Wasted a 1st round pick on him too smh. :nonono: Never liked picking RBs in the 1st round unless he's like Adrian Peterson talent. Still should give him a chance to redeem himself, he is an explosive runner.

It's murky. I would never pick up a RB that early, personally. Today's game is just too passer/receiver friendly. Best of a luck to you. Speed is nothing, though, if you have a low IQ for the game and poor ball protection.

Return to New York Giants