ImageImageImageImageImage

The 09-10 Game Thread!

Moderator: nykgeneralmanager

blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian
And1: 20,077

Re: The 09-10 Game Thread! 

Post#21 » by blueNorange » Mon Sep 28, 2009 4:23 am

johnson has done more in 3 games than dockery has done in his career with the giants

that's what i think of johnson.

the thing fox said of how coughlin went to him and asked if he could trust him and johnson said yes was awesome, looked like coughlin wasn't wrong with what he saw in johnson because so far he's been on receivers like velcro.
LOL Y U MAD THO?
mitchell robinson has blocked zion williamson 3 times as of 7/6/19.
krustytheclown
Lead Assistant
And1: 8

Post#22 » by krustytheclown » Mon Sep 28, 2009 5:24 am

agreed. thomas got off to a bit of a rocky start but he picked it up. cant wait till sintim finally plays. if we got dansby in the offseason and had a lb group of boley sintim and dansby i would do backflips although i doubt we'll have the cap for him
I_Love_NYK
RealGM
And1: 122

Post#23 » by I_Love_NYK » Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:50 pm

I just hope Kareem McKenzie is ok.
mjhp911
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 14

Post#24 » by mjhp911 » Thu Oct 1, 2009 6:26 am

That was some win. Completely dominating. Bradshaw needs to be our feature back. The announcers had it right, Jacobs is starting to 'tip-toe' too much. Forget that, just barrel in there. North-south. You're not a scat-back, Brandon. Dip your shoulder and start pounding people again. Our injuries are starting to mount though. These next two are classic trap games, before the Aints. One game at a time...
cgf
RealGM
And1: 9,884

Post#25 » by cgf » Fri Oct 2, 2009 9:09 am

blueNorange wrote:johnson has done more in 3 games than dockery has done in his career with the giants

that's what i think of johnson.

the thing fox said of how coughlin went to him and asked if he could trust him and johnson said yes was awesome, looked like coughlin wasn't wrong with what he saw in johnson because so far he's been on receivers like velcro.

I completely disagree with that. Johnson has looked really good and has really impressed but you're really selling Dockery short, he's a good nickleback who's excelled for us dealing with the small and shifty receivers our bigger corners struggle with. Now Johnson has more potential and a chance to become the better corner but right now Dockery is still the better corner. Both are good at sticking their man but Dockery has good ball skills while we've already seen Johnson lose track of the ball a couple of times. Additionally Dockery is a better run supporter.

That said I love our DB depth, Webster is one of the elite DBs in the NFL, Thomas is really coming on while his run stuffing is improving aswell, Ross maybe a smaller, stiffer and slower version of Thomas but he's still a quality starting caliber corner who's very good against the run, and then in the slot we've got both Dockery and Johnson who are quick and shifty guys with good coverage instincts. If only we could add a stud SS we'd have one of the best and deepest secondaries in the league as KP was looking like this was his year to beast, Michael Johnson has good range and is a good cover safety (although the man takes simply embarassing angles against the run) and both Thomas and Ross can switch to FS in certain packages. On that note I have to mention that Washington has mentioned Chris Horton for some reason and that guy would be a great fit for us if we could somehow nab him, it's a pipedream but with what's going on in DC right now you never know what those zanny skins will come up with next.
cgmw wrote:Basically, in conclusion: I'd like Dolan to get off my lawn.

Capn'O wrote:We're not the kid cousin. We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian

Post#26 » by blueNorange » Sat Oct 3, 2009 10:24 pm

webster is getting the special treamate, teams aren't throwing into his direction as they did in years past ... puts a smile on my face.

i really hope they move thomas to safety when all the cb's are back and healthy ... cc brown isn't good and scouts had thomas being moved to safety before the draft because he had the size and strength.

and btw it sucks clint sintim is injured, he won't play tomorrow ... hope he's back asap because no offense to danny clark who's solid but clint sintim has star written all over him ... he's on the osi/tuck level when it comes to pass rushing.
LOL Y U MAD THO?
mjhp911
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#27 » by mjhp911 » Mon Oct 5, 2009 5:30 am

Good game. Hopefully, Eli's injury really IS just a bruised heel. Because like the announcers, I was thinking of a ruptured achilles tendon. Or even heel spurs (fragments that eventually have to be removed). We'll know more soon...
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian

Post#28 » by blueNorange » Mon Oct 5, 2009 6:04 am

read my sig :D
LOL Y U MAD THO?
I_Love_NYK
RealGM

Post#29 » by I_Love_NYK » Wed Oct 7, 2009 12:05 am

Plantar Fasciitis, I remember back in the day when Marcus Camby used to always get this. The pain won't go away in a week, and the Giants bye week is not until week 10. He is gonna need the proper treatment throughout the season. This injury is very common to basketball players. But Eli is a tough guy, in 2007 he had a partially separated shoulder and was told he was gonna sit 3-4 weeks. He came back the next week.

Michael Boley will be out for a month which is a bummer because he came in and already fitted well with the group. Chase Blackburn will be his replacement, I would really like to see what Clint Sintim can do.
mjhp911
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#30 » by mjhp911 » Thu Oct 8, 2009 6:39 am

If it were up to me, I think I'd sit Eli this weekend. Better to save him for a Conference foe the week after.
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian

Post#31 » by blueNorange » Fri Oct 9, 2009 12:42 am

eli is a qb that isn't mobile, this foot thing won't bother him at all ... he even said he was in more pain back to 2007 with the shoulder injury.
LOL Y U MAD THO?
King_Supreme
Sixth Man
And1: 1,140

OT: NFL Disscussion Thread 

Post#32 » by King_Supreme » Sun Oct 11, 2009 7:14 pm

Since nobody post on the Giants forum...
Watching Steve Smith, I came to a conclusion. Does anyone but me, think Steve Smith(NY Giants) is like Marvin Harrison? They're both small(both 5-11), run great routes, and they both don't have elite speed.
Let's not forget the obvious, they both had Mannings as their qb's. :lol:
NyKnicks1714
RealGM
And1: 24,415

Re: OT: NFL Disscussion Thread 

Post#33 » by NyKnicks1714 » Sun Oct 11, 2009 7:25 pm

We're allowed to talk about music on this board, even though there's another board for that. We're allowed to talk about politics/news, even though there's a board for that. For some reason though, football and baseball are off-limits. (Talking about the Knicks board)
xxrainnn
Lead Assistant
And1: 173

Post#34 » by xxrainnn » Sun Oct 11, 2009 7:28 pm

Yeah the other forums are... for a lack of a better word, wack. I'd rather just talk about everything here.
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian

Post#35 » by blueNorange » Sun Oct 11, 2009 7:30 pm

jamarcus russell is an incredibly stupid, stupid, stupid football player.
LOL Y U MAD THO?
NyKnicks1714
RealGM
And1: 24,415

Post#36 » by NyKnicks1714 » Sun Oct 11, 2009 7:32 pm

:o Ray Rice.
mjhp911
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#37 » by mjhp911 » Mon Oct 12, 2009 6:21 am

Complete domination. If not for that missed fumble call the zebras messed up again, we might have pitched another shutout. If I'm a Raydah fan, I'm probably close to slitting my wrists. Al Davis is now a bumbling idiot. A senile, bumbling idiot.
I_Love_NYK
RealGM

Post#38 » by I_Love_NYK » Wed Oct 14, 2009 8:35 pm

King_Supreme wrote:Since nobody post on the Giants forum...
Watching Steve Smith, I came to a conclusion. Does anyone but me, think Steve Smith(NY Giants) is like Marvin Harrison? They're both small(both 5-11), run great routes, and they both don't have elite speed.
Let's not forget the obvious, they both had Mannings as their qb's. :lol:

There are a couple of WR who made it in this league under 6'0 who did not have blazing speed but made it in the NFL by just having good hands and good route running.

Marvin Harrison
Torry Holt
Derrick Mason
mjhp911
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#39 » by mjhp911 » Fri Oct 16, 2009 6:32 pm

Will our injuries finally catch up to us in this clash of the titans?
cgf
RealGM
And1: 9,884

Post#40 » by cgf » Sun Oct 18, 2009 5:23 am

blueNorange wrote:webster is getting the special treamate, teams aren't throwing into his direction as they did in years past ... puts a smile on my face.

i really hope they move thomas to safety when all the cb's are back and healthy ... cc brown isn't good and scouts had thomas being moved to safety before the draft because he had the size and strength.

and btw it sucks clint sintim is injured, he won't play tomorrow ... hope he's back asap because no offense to danny clark who's solid but clint sintim has star written all over him ... he's on the osi/tuck level when it comes to pass rushing.

With how well Thomas has looked at corner there's no way I'd move him to safety. He's a lot better at shutting his man down than Ross has ever been and has gotten his run D up to snuff. I'd rather move Ross there, but I question how well he'd play the run
cgmw wrote:Basically, in conclusion: I'd like Dolan to get off my lawn.

Capn'O wrote:We're not the kid cousin. We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.

Return to New York Giants