ImageImageImageImageImage

Time for Coughlin to retire.

Moderator: nykgeneralmanager

richardhutnik
Banned User
And1: 10

Time for Coughlin to retire. 

Post#1 » by richardhutnik » Mon Dec 28, 2009 4:14 am

Tom Coughlin has accomplished about as much as he can with his career. As of now, the Giants are on the decline again, and he is likely running out of gas. I say it is time to turn the page. Thanks for the run Tom, but you need to go. Giants need to find a younger coach to be able to pick things up and hopefully have the Giants come back.

I write this with what appears to be the Giants being knocked out of the playoffs. Even if the Giants did go on, I would say Coughlin should look to retire.

- Rich
"Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies." - G. Marx
VinnyTheMick
RealGM
And1: 5

Re: Time for Coughlin to retire. 

Post#2 » by VinnyTheMick » Mon Dec 28, 2009 12:01 pm

Tom needs to have the balls to can both coordinators. Winning the Superbowl gave Killdrive undeserved protection. I think that protection is now gone. At least I hope it is.
http://www.nyccan.org/
Ask questions. Demand answers.
A foolish faith in authority is the worst enemy of truth.- Albert Einstein
I_Love_NYK
RealGM
And1: 122

Re: Time for Coughlin to retire. 

Post#3 » by I_Love_NYK » Mon Dec 28, 2009 2:55 pm

The offense was still top 10 as far as ppg, however that mainly came upon beating up on weaker teams. Gilbride needs to go as his offense is too predictable, and of course Bill Sheridan needs to go! A top rated defense turns into the laughing stock of the year all in one season with a new coordinator. Change the Giants Blitzing shceme into a coverage scheme and it did not work at all.

Return to New York Giants