ImageImageImageImageImage

Will Steve Spagnuolo be fired from St. Louis?

Moderator: nykgeneralmanager

I_Love_NYK
RealGM
And1: 122

Will Steve Spagnuolo be fired from St. Louis? 

Post#1 » by I_Love_NYK » Mon Dec 28, 2009 3:26 pm

If he gets fired there is no doubt in his mind he has another job ready for him to be brought back as defensive coordinator for the NY Giants. The D-Line just struggled to get any type of pressure on the QB all year as Sheridan loved to do 4 man rushes however receivers were still open :roll:. If Spags gets brought back they need to give Osi another chance, as he thrived under Spagnuolo's system. Getting Kenny Phillips back next season will also be a huge plus as him coming out of the college many considered him to be the next Ed Reed.

Gilbride also neds to go as although the Giants were top 10 in ppg it was also a lot due to the Giants beating up on weaker teams. His offense is too predictable and at times it can ruin Eli's rhythym. The beggining of the year we thought that the passing game was going to struggle, but considering all the dropped passes the recievers did well. Steve Smith set a Giants record and Nick and Manningham both catch for near 900 yard seasons. I don't know what went wrong with Brandon Jacobs but even secondary players were taking him down, pathetic something was bothering him. Bradshaw getting both of his ankles back in full strentgh should help.
VinnyTheMick
RealGM
And1: 5

Re: Will Steve Spagnuolo be fired from St. Louis? 

Post#2 » by VinnyTheMick » Fri Jan 1, 2010 8:58 pm

I don't think he gets fired, unfortunately. I agree though, Sheridan AND Killdrive need to go.
http://www.nyccan.org/
Ask questions. Demand answers.
A foolish faith in authority is the worst enemy of truth.- Albert Einstein
I_Love_NYK
RealGM
And1: 122

Re: Will Steve Spagnuolo be fired from St. Louis? 

Post#3 » by I_Love_NYK » Sun Jan 3, 2010 8:12 pm

If Spags stays with the Rams what are out there as a def coordinator. Giants have to stick with a 4-3, as that is the strength they have with a D-Line with a coordinator who does not like to attack the QB. I will be against hiring from within again with the next def coordinator.

I don't care about how many injuries this team has, you do not give up 41+ pts back to back games

Return to New York Giants