because the jets won, giants will have the 15th pick

Moderator: nykgeneralmanager

blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian
And1: 19,884

because the jets won, giants will have the 15th pick 

Post#1 » by blueNorange » Mon Jan 4, 2010 5:26 am

my draft board for the 15th pick:

middle linebackers rolando mcclain and brandon spikes ... if i had a choice i'd choose mcclain but spikes isn't so bad either. very strong and a leader where as mcclain is younger and is a physical freak

defensive tackle terrence cody. i don't think he could fit in the 4-3 because he's 365 pounds but if haynesworth can do it, why can't cody??

safety ... i doubt the giants trade up to get eric berry who's a top 5 pick imo and taylor mays is overrated. there's a few other good safeties but where the giants pick would be a reach so i'd settle drafting one maybe in the 2nd round.

then there's a wildcart in running back cj spiller ... he could start over jacobs and would make bradshaw expendable with his homerun speed and get this ... could be used as a receiver which the giants showed they missed dearly because of the departed derrick ward.
LOL Y U MAD THO?
mitchell robinson has blocked zion williamson 3 times as of 7/6/19.
I_Love_NYK
RealGM
And1: 122

Re: because the jets won, giants will have the 15th pick 

Post#2 » by I_Love_NYK » Tue Jan 5, 2010 3:38 am

Getting Kenny Phillips back will be huge for the Giants. Soo many high expectations were for Kenny Phillips as he got his first year as a full time starter. Who knows maybe the Giants can get a Patrick Willis or John Beason in this year's draft instant impacts. Danny Clark has to go he struggled bad against the run and guarding the opposing team's tight ends.

Hopefully the surgery to Jacobs will help him, as he had no explosion to the whole this year.
ChanM
Freshman
And1: 1

Post#3 » by ChanM » Wed Jan 6, 2010 6:55 pm

I felt without Pierce the D didn't know what to do. But that secondary really needs to be fixed first. They been burned all season long.

In the offense, not that many issues with Eli or receiving corps going into next season. I felt Jacobs got paid and didn't perform to the level he is capable of. At this point, I feel Bradshaw should start and Jacobs as backup. Not sure who I would take on the offensive side.
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian

Post#4 » by blueNorange » Fri Jan 8, 2010 5:27 am

i like bradshaw however i think he's expendable and the giants should look into a running back who's more of a receiver than a runner ... that truly hurt the giants this year.
LOL Y U MAD THO?
hobojoe2131
Assistant Coach

Post#5 » by hobojoe2131 » Fri Jan 8, 2010 5:38 am

Rolando McClain is choice 1 2 and 3 for me.

Dont want much to do with mount cody. Plays 5 or 6 plays then is completely winded ala Haynesworth. Also gets 0 rush on the QB.

The DT out of UCLA (forget his name) is very talented and had a great year. I'd love him

Also want 0 to do with Taylor Mays. reminds me of Laron Landry in that he's a stupid player and looks for the big hit.

I dont think it would be a bad idea to drop down to about 23-26 and take Brandon Spikes and gain a couple more picks that can be used on a safety like Nate Allen out of USF or guard Mike Iupati from Idaho.
^ MP creation
krustytheclown
Lead Assistant
And1: 8

Post#6 » by krustytheclown » Mon Jan 18, 2010 6:41 pm

id trade down to get spikes if mcclain isnt there or trade up to get berry
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian

Post#7 » by blueNorange » Fri Jan 29, 2010 6:06 am

how about this for the first 3 rounds ...

1st - brian price
2nd - daryl washington
3rd - pat angerer

you get a run stuffing defensive tackle and the best 2 linebackers that fit the tampa 2

tuck | price | canty | osi/kiwi

washington/sintim | angerer | boley

that's a good front 7 imo ... the linebackers are all quick which fewell would love and on 3rd downs you replace washington with sintim to add an extra guy who can blitz the qb.
LOL Y U MAD THO?
hobojoe2131
Assistant Coach

Post#8 » by hobojoe2131 » Mon Feb 1, 2010 5:23 pm

blueNorange wrote:how about this for the first 3 rounds ...

1st - brian price
2nd - daryl washington
3rd - pat angerer

you get a run stuffing defensive tackle and the best 2 linebackers that fit the tampa 2

tuck | price | canty | osi/kiwi

washington/sintim | angerer | boley

that's a good front 7 imo ... the linebackers are all quick which fewell would love and on 3rd downs you replace washington with sintim to add an extra guy who can blitz the qb.

Dont know much about Angerer, but I'd love Price and Washington at the top. Price isnt really a run stuffer, but he is great at getting at the qb. he's like a better version of Jay Alford. If we want a run stuffer, Dan Williams out of Tenn is a great choice. hard worker and very productive. I also love Washington. I wonder if he can play inside on the next level. He's fast as hell, but he has the body of a safety more than a LB.
^ MP creation

Return to New York Giants