ImageImageImageImageImage

OT Giants Free Agency

Moderator: nykgeneralmanager

sportscrazy
General Manager
And1: 727

OT Giants Free Agency 

Post#1 » by sportscrazy » Fri Mar 5, 2010 4:59 am

Who should they sign? Who will they sign?
Disclaimer: Trades I post shouldn't make you stressed or angry if you disagree. If you say it's unproductive because it won't happen and we're only allowed to post deals that actually happen, it takes away 99% of trades here and the fun out of the board.
RutgersBJJ
General Manager
And1: 125

Re: OT Giants Free Agency 

Post#2 » by RutgersBJJ » Fri Mar 5, 2010 5:04 am

they definitely shouldn't sign Antrel Rolle if you actually want your secondary to stop passing attacks. But I doubt any move they make will be as bad as the Jets trading a 3rd round pick for a scrub cornerback in Antonio Cromartie. I can't believe people still think this guy is good. He is a gambler. Remember what happened last time a scrub gambling CB teamed up with a shutdown corner? Deangelo Hall was completely embarrassed in Oakland and exposed.
RIP Jared Jeffries. Gone but never forgotten...2006-2012
Smoke24
RealGM
And1: 11

Post#3 » by Smoke24 » Fri Mar 5, 2010 5:11 am

They shouldn't do anything, just sit back, like the rest of the league and watch Washington try to outbid themselves for free agents.
BelieveTheDream
RealGM
And1: 45

Post#4 » by BelieveTheDream » Fri Mar 5, 2010 5:18 am

JETS JUST GOT ANTONIO CROMARTIE ! :hoop: i really think he is going to do well next to revis and in ryans system...he wasn't happy in san diago and i think this can help him get back to the way he was :football: :guitar: :rocking:
BelieveTheDream
RealGM
And1: 45

Post#5 » by BelieveTheDream » Fri Mar 5, 2010 5:21 am

RutgersBJJ wrote:they definitely shouldn't sign Antrel Rolle if you actually want your secondary to stop passing attacks. But I doubt any move they make will be as bad as the Jets trading a 3rd round pick for a scrub cornerback in Antonio Cromartie. I can't believe people still think this guy is good. He is a gambler. Remember what happened last time a scrub gambling CB teamed up with a shutdown corner? Deangelo Hall was completely embarrassed in Oakland and exposed.

dude this guy was a legit CB in this leage and had 10 interceptions 2 years ago and is still only 25??? him next to revis you dont think revis will 1 help him get back to form and 2 Rex RYan's system could fit him perfectly...A 3rd rounder for a guy who is still young with a ton of potential...no way is that a bad deal
hobojoe2131
Assistant Coach
And1: 1

Post#6 » by hobojoe2131 » Fri Mar 5, 2010 5:25 pm

BelieveTheDream wrote:JETS JUST GOT ANTONIO CROMARTIE ! :hoop: i really think he is going to do well next to revis and in ryans system...he wasn't happy in san diago and i think this can help him get back to the way he was :football: :guitar: :rocking:

Do you not see that this is a Giants board? No one cares about that scrub Cromartie here.
^ MP creation
hobojoe2131
Assistant Coach
And1: 1

Post#7 » by hobojoe2131 » Fri Mar 5, 2010 5:26 pm

RutgersBJJ wrote:they definitely shouldn't sign Antrel Rolle if you actually want your secondary to stop passing attacks. But I doubt any move they make will be as bad as the Jets trading a 3rd round pick for a scrub cornerback in Antonio Cromartie. I can't believe people still think this guy is good. He is a gambler. Remember what happened last time a scrub gambling CB teamed up with a shutdown corner? Deangelo Hall was completely embarrassed in Oakland and exposed.

Dude Antrel Rolle is a beast. He's a playmaker who is good against the run too. If we get him and KP comes back, we'll have a great secondary with C Webb, TT and Ross.
^ MP creation
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian
And1: 20,075

Post#8 » by blueNorange » Sun Mar 7, 2010 7:54 am

rolle isn't the best thing but it was needed, besides 70% of the db's credit goes to the front 7 and their pressure on the qb.
LOL Y U MAD THO?
mitchell robinson has blocked zion williamson 3 times as of 7/6/19.
I_Love_NYK
RealGM
And1: 122

Post#9 » by I_Love_NYK » Tue Mar 9, 2010 8:38 pm

Kirk Morrison would not be a bad option, although there is a 3rd round tender for him. I can't see Demeco Ryans or Barrett Rudd go. Their current teams will not let them go that easily
cgf
RealGM
And1: 9,867

Post#10 » by cgf » Thu Mar 11, 2010 7:40 am

I'm content with Rolle. He got a lot of money, 15 mil guaranteed, but he gives us a starting safety we can depend on which is huge with Kenny's knee and the lack of talent we had at the position. It's nice to know that we don't have to worry about that position for a while. Also think Rolle can have a huge year looking at what Fewell was able to get out Byrd, who is a very similar type of FS, this past season.

I'd like to see us bring in a veteran DT for depth purposes. I was hoping for Kemaotu (spl?) but the skins just picked him up today. Anyways I think we're pretty much done in FA for now.

Now all we need is Dan Williams or BRian Price in the first round, Daryl Washington in the second round and MAtt Tennant in the third and we'll be good to go.

As for cromartie he's an incredibly talented very bad corner. If it weren't so much work I'd put up the cromartie FaceBook/gif combo featuring Shonn Greene but Cromartie isn't even worth that much effort.
cgmw wrote:Basically, in conclusion: I'd like Dolan to get off my lawn.

Capn'O wrote:We're not the kid cousin. We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.

Return to New York Giants