ImageImageImageImageImage

2014 Jets Offseason, Camp + Preseason Thread

Moderator: Rich Rane

zilby
RealGM
And1: 38,871

Re: 2014 Jets Offseason Thread (Update: 2014 Schedule Releas 

Post#21 » by zilby » Sun Jun 15, 2014 8:14 pm

Grover wrote:Flowers and/or Houston? Anyone? Anyone?

Yes to Flowers. Him working in Rex's system would be quite nice.
Hawaiian pizza is good.
j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 18,481

Post#22 » by j4remi » Wed Jun 18, 2014 6:54 pm

Getting Flowers would be a coup. I don't buy all the McDougle hype yet and Patterson is injury prone anyway.
Haliburton/Lewis Jr/Sasser
Booker/Shamet
Barnes/Dick/Duarte
Washington/Barnes/Crowder
Zubac/Theis/Clowney

Sanogo, Castleton

Ex: Samar, K. Diop, Spagnolo
j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#23 » by j4remi » Thu Jun 19, 2014 6:32 pm

Pettine is claiming that Belichek has a copy of the Jets playbook. Weird story and Belly is such a dirtbag and cheat that it wouldn't shock me at all.
Booker/Shamet
Barnes/Dick/Duarte
Zubac/Theis/Clowney

Sanogo, Castleton

j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Re: 2014 Jets Offseason Thread (Update: Jets Want Andre John 

Post#24 » by j4remi » Thu Jul 24, 2014 6:28 pm

Adding Babin was a nice move...this place is a ghost town but I'm still checking in once in awhile. Mass Dispatch showed that there are PLENTY of Jets fans on these boards, people gotta rep!
Booker/Shamet
Barnes/Dick/Duarte
Zubac/Theis/Clowney

Sanogo, Castleton

Jalen Bluntson
RealGM
And1: 19,215

Post#25 » by Jalen Bluntson » Sun Aug 3, 2014 2:52 am

j4remi wrote:Adding Babin was a nice move...this place is a ghost town but I'm still checking in once in awhile. Mass Dispatch showed that there are PLENTY of Jets fans on these boards, people gotta rep!

I like the Babin move.

Not sure why it is so dead here. Would love to know peoples thoughts on Idzik...Rex...The team in general.
:beer: RIP mags
Rich Rane
Senior Mod - Nets
Senior Mod - Nets
And1: 13,752

Post#26 » by Rich Rane » Mon Aug 4, 2014 4:48 pm

j4remi wrote:Adding Babin was a nice move...this place is a ghost town but I'm still checking in once in awhile. Mass Dispatch showed that there are PLENTY of Jets fans on these boards, people gotta rep!

Need your help on any Jets threads on the Knicks forums to be moved and linked here. :lol:
Rich Rane
Senior Mod - Nets
Senior Mod - Nets

Re: 2014 Jets Offseason Thread (Early Depth Chart Released) 

Post#27 » by Rich Rane » Mon Aug 4, 2014 4:49 pm

Early Depth Chart (I'll post my thoughts throughout the day)
http://www.newyorkjets.com/team/depth-chart.html

- 7 of the 12 draft picks aren't even with the third team, but tone of them (Saunders) is a punt returner.
- Pryor is probably with the second team because of his injury (same as Amaro), but why is he listed behind Antonio Allen?
- Ivory, Johnson, and Powell all listed with the first team. Opponents could spend a lot of time on how to defend all three of them.
- First and second teams on the Front 7 is drool worthy.
- I'm hearing good things about Hill so let's hope his hands have been surgically made to sweat stickum so he can be the Number 2 and have Kerley work from the slot.
- When the Jets drafted Dozier, I said he would either be Colon's future replacement or try to go after Winters's job this season. Looks like the team wants the former.
j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#28 » by j4remi » Mon Aug 4, 2014 5:08 pm

Rich Rane wrote:

Need your help on any Jets threads on the Knicks forums to be moved and linked here. :lol:

*thumbs up* I got your back! :nod:

Rich Rane wrote:Early Depth Chart (I'll post my thoughts throughout the day)
http://www.newyorkjets.com/team/depth-chart.html

How depressing that we threw multiple picks at WR and none of those guys have done a damned thing to separate from the pack. There's been a lot of minor injury stuff holding guys back and it's really rough that they're hitting the rookies (Pryor, Enunwa, Macdougle, Amaro have all missed time along with some vets) which is annoying. I hear Smith has proven promising and Vick still has jets which is good but no TD's in the green and white scrimmage is scary.

Really, this draft was frustrating for me in the middle rounds so maybe I'm just being cynical and maybe there's a few red shirt cats that need a year to grow...but I've heard more optimism about a couple of undrafted guys than friggin' WR's we picked. I'm really intrigued with Aboushi and can't wait to see him in preseason play because apparently he's been doing really well.

Scariest thing about this team...those CB's...but at least it's good to hear that we've got a lot of strong safeties...I mean someone in the secondary is pulling weight.
Booker/Shamet
Barnes/Dick/Duarte
Zubac/Theis/Clowney

Sanogo, Castleton

Rich Rane
Senior Mod - Nets
Senior Mod - Nets

Post#29 » by Rich Rane » Mon Aug 4, 2014 5:15 pm

j4remi wrote:How depressing that we threw multiple picks at WR and none of those guys have done a damned thing to separate from the pack. There's been a lot of minor injury stuff holding guys back and it's really rough that they're hitting the rookies (Pryor, Enunwa, Macdougle, Amaro have all missed time along with some vets) which is annoying. I hear Smith has proven promising and Vick still has jets which is good but no TD's in the green and white scrimmage is scary.

Really, this draft was frustrating for me in the middle rounds so maybe I'm just being cynical and maybe there's a few red shirt cats that need a year to grow...but I've heard more optimism about a couple of undrafted guys than friggin' WR's we picked. I'm really intrigued with Aboushi and can't wait to see him in preseason play because apparently he's been doing really well.

Scariest thing about this team...those CB's...but at least it's good to hear that we've got a lot of strong safeties...I mean someone in the secondary is pulling weight.

I shared most, if not all of your thoughts on the draft thread on the Knicks board. As far as injuries go, I'm confident Pryor (concussion) and Amaro (knee) will be good to go some time during the Preseason. The receivers and corners picked I just never really cared about to be honest, which again STILL bugs me with who was available and how much cap space we had (have, really) and who was available in free agency and the draft.

And don't look now, but Dimitri Patterson at training camp was last spotted in the rehab area.
zilby
RealGM

Post#30 » by zilby » Tue Aug 5, 2014 3:27 am

I'm still here reppin the green boys 8-)

I like picking up Babin. This defense is going to be scary good, but it's on Mornhinweg to get the offense to where it needs to be. If Geno shows signs of improvement and CJ2K does his thing, I see us being playoff-bound once again. We were only a game out last year in what many believed was a laughable season, yet we were always in it. I'm pretty stoked for the season, I just hope I can find our preseason games here.
Hawaiian pizza is good.
Rich Rane
Senior Mod - Nets
Senior Mod - Nets

Post#31 » by Rich Rane » Tue Aug 5, 2014 1:02 pm

Pryor cleared for full contact. Could be ready for first Preseason game.
http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2014/0 ... pener.html
zilby
RealGM

Re: 2014 Jets Offseason, Camp + Preseason Thread 

Post#32 » by zilby » Thu Aug 7, 2014 10:12 pm

First preseason game in an hour! Ready for some football? Playing the Colts. Geno starting.
Hawaiian pizza is good.
Rich Rane
Senior Mod - Nets
Senior Mod - Nets

Post#33 » by Rich Rane » Fri Aug 8, 2014 8:26 pm

Thoughts on first Preseason game:
- The best rookie wide receiver on the field? I thought it was Donte Moncrief. Too bad he was wearing the wrong jersey.
- Dee Milliner looked solid. I sure as hell can't say the same for our Number 2 corner, Dimitri Patterson. Hell, I can't say the same for any of our other corners. McDougle, the guy the Jets HAD to have in the 3rd round (who was picked after Moncrief) looked way too small and weak to me. I know it's early after 1 preseason game, but I've been saying I just don't see him as a future Number 2 corner. I really hope I'm wrong.
- Geno looked good. O-line could've been better, but Geno's throws looked much more crisp. Should've recognized that last blitz though. Vick was nice with that run and that scoring drive as well. I'll be surprised if Boyd surpasses preseason Jet great, Matt Simms. Boyd wasn't even given a chance.
- No Jet receiver stood out to me to be the consistent option opposite of Decker. (I know DeSean Jackson is injured, but with our cap space, it's possible they could've brought in both him and Revis).
- You could argue the best running back of the night was Green. Hard to see him make the team though. Let's also hope it's just rust with Johnson and Ivory.
- I expected a lot more from Amaro, but he had that nice run after that catch on the sideline. Still, those drops worry me since I've heard he's been dropping them a lot in camp. (And yes, I do realize he and McDougle are coming off injuries).
- Front 7, for :censored: sake, these penalties better be sorted out come regular season.
- I heard Ian Eagle saying Allen was in for Pryor. Are they really not going to play them together?
- Kicking competition? I doubt it.
j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#34 » by j4remi » Mon Aug 11, 2014 1:37 pm

Don't look now, Macdougle out for season...Milliner out for a few weeks...Patterson day to day.

Seriously, Idzik's year two FA/draft is starting to look abysmal.
Booker/Shamet
Barnes/Dick/Duarte
Zubac/Theis/Clowney

Sanogo, Castleton

Jalen Bluntson
RealGM
And1: 19,215

Post#35 » by Jalen Bluntson » Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:49 am

I had high hopes for Idzik. I loved how he handled the team last season with little to work with. I thought he had Rex under control with his mouth. But that seems to be changing back to same old loud mouth. The players were starting to squawk again.

He mishandled FA in a bad way. DRC (or any other solid CB that was available) and DeSean Jackson should be NY Jets. That would have changed the entire needs of the draft. Taking Pryor wouldn't be so bad then. It was a mess.

Decker was the only solid pickup he made. CJ/Vick/Patterson? Breno is a wash.

The draft looks horrible now. The team has just as many needs as we did coming into the season. Hopefully next off season is much better. We will have plenty of money to spend and we will have to spend a decent amount of it. But we may have MORE needs after this season if Geno and the secondary don't prove true. The OL is thin. WR still thin. I considered this season a wash anyway with Geno getting a shot and Vick/Simms/Boyd being the only competition. Not enough work on the offensive side of the ball. No SB dreams.

It is still a rebuild after all. But it may be longer than necessary with Idzik bumbling around in the dark this year.
:beer: RIP mags
Rich Rane
Senior Mod - Nets
Senior Mod - Nets

Post#36 » by Rich Rane » Sat Aug 23, 2014 1:13 am

Manning threw a TD pass to a starting receiver (Randle) with the Jets's 4th string CB (LeQuan Lewis) on him. Come on!
j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#37 » by j4remi » Mon Aug 25, 2014 6:15 pm

Patterson suspended indefinitely...what a joke...Idzik had so much money and so many options! It's frustrating.

The defense looks promising but an actual starting CB with Milliner would have made this defense a contender for tops in the league imo.
Booker/Shamet
Barnes/Dick/Duarte
Zubac/Theis/Clowney

Sanogo, Castleton

Rich Rane
Senior Mod - Nets
Senior Mod - Nets

Post#38 » by Rich Rane » Sat Aug 30, 2014 9:55 pm

Hill and Patterson have been cut. It's almost hilarious, really. WR and CB were some of the Jets's biggest weaknesses heading into the offseason with A LOT of cap room. Didn't make a play for anyone big in free agency, drafted a bunch of bodies at the position and none of them could be relied on as a Number 2 at their positions. Now the guys that were supposed to be those Number 2s failed or just didn't pan out.
j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#39 » by j4remi » Fri Sep 5, 2014 2:12 pm

Rich Rane wrote:Hill and Patterson have been cut. It's almost hilarious, really. WR and CB were some of the Jets's biggest weaknesses heading into the offseason with A LOT of cap room. Didn't make a play for anyone big in free agency, drafted a bunch of bodies at the position and none of them could be relied on as a Number 2 at their positions. Now the guys that were supposed to be those Number 2s failed or just didn't pan out.

Idzik outsmarted himself this offseason. I can't understand why he wouldn't give Revis that one year deal when they were targeting Pryor. I kinda understand the hesitance with WR's because there weren't options I loved, but I hated his draft decisions there.
Booker/Shamet
Barnes/Dick/Duarte
Zubac/Theis/Clowney

Sanogo, Castleton

Rich Rane
Senior Mod - Nets
Senior Mod - Nets

Post#40 » by Rich Rane » Fri Sep 5, 2014 3:02 pm

j4remi wrote:
Rich Rane wrote:Hill and Patterson have been cut. It's almost hilarious, really. WR and CB were some of the Jets's biggest weaknesses heading into the offseason with A LOT of cap room. Didn't make a play for anyone big in free agency, drafted a bunch of bodies at the position and none of them could be relied on as a Number 2 at their positions. Now the guys that were supposed to be those Number 2s failed or just didn't pan out.

Idzik outsmarted himself this offseason. I can't understand why he wouldn't give Revis that one year deal when they were targeting Pryor. I kinda understand the hesitance with WR's because there weren't options I loved, but I hated his draft decisions there.

Even if he used the excuse of Revis burned bridges with the team (which just isn't good enough for me, since I would've taken him on just to keep him off the Pats), he could've went harder after Talib, Vontae Davis, or Rodgers-Cromartie.

Return to New York Jets