ImageImageImageImageImage

Offseason 2015 (Latest: Geno Smith Out 6-10 Weeks)

Moderator: Rich Rane

zilby
RealGM
And1: 38,871

Offseason 2015 (Latest: Geno Smith Out 6-10 Weeks) 

Post#1 » by zilby » Mon Dec 8, 2014 12:38 am

It's pretty well understood we've all given up on this season. Complete wash, Geno looks like he's on his way out of the league, we still don't know what we have in our RB's, and the Decker signing looks like a complete wash.

Three things we need to be on the lookout for the rest of the way:

1) Rex Ryan. Yes, Rex might be on his way out of the door. Whether deserving or not, this entire organization needs to be swept clean from top to bottom. Rex may end up falling victim for his 2-whatever record this season. Personally, I don't think he's to blame, but there's a chance he will be.

2) Idzik. If our complete buffoon of a GM doesn't get canned the moment this season ends, I won't even know what to say. The guy built a totally flawed team and sold it to people. The interview where he told people we're fine and Francesca absolutely shredded him, I nearly lost it watching that. It's clear that nobody has faith in him, should be the first one out of this organization before anybody else.

3) Tank watch. The Raiders just beat the 49ers (lol). We're at the bottom of the league with them and Tampa, all three of us at two wins. Of course, neither us or the Raiders have played Tampa this year. But we played the Raiders and beat them Week 1, so we're ahead of them in the standings (technically behind in the tank race). It's looking like we'll land somewhere between picks 1-3. At this point, I think if we're not landing the #1 pick, we should be looking at every option possible to get it. Marcus Mariota looks like a very special player. Tampa Bay needs a QB immediately to pair with Mike Evans and Vincent Jackson, so if they land the pick there's no doubt he's their guy. The Raiders may actually be dumb enough to not take Mariota #1, considering they have Derek Carr and needs everywhere else on offense. Jets should be losing out the season and trying to get that pick.

Anyways, I made this thread because I know this season sucked and we need to start looking ahead. If you're still watching games (lol), post here. Or we can just talk about the future and everything until we get to the end of this crappy season. Go Raiders, go Bucs, tank out Jets.
Hawaiian pizza is good.
Marcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 5,172

Re: The Thread for The Rest of This Miserable Season 

Post#2 » by Marcus » Mon Dec 8, 2014 8:40 pm

The Jets been so bad this year even Bill Cosby is saying "at least im not Geno Smith"

Chris Rock
Watch More Basketball

Sometimes silence is the best thing you can contribute to a conversation

after what he did to Moses Moody's name, I got DJ K. Perk in a Verzuz battle against ANYBODY
Yankeeknickfan
RealGM
And1: 4,627

Post#3 » by Yankeeknickfan » Fri Dec 12, 2014 12:16 am

The only team that we should worry about is the bucs.the jags and the raiders arwnt drafting a QB
Imageceltics
Yankeeknickfan
RealGM

Post#4 » by Yankeeknickfan » Mon Dec 15, 2014 12:11 am

jets cant even tank right
Imageceltics
Shemy
Head Coach
And1: 460

Post#5 » by Shemy » Mon Dec 15, 2014 2:06 pm

At least suck enough to get cooper ffs

Lose out !!!
"They scared now"
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,112

Post#6 » by moocow007 » Mon Dec 15, 2014 2:22 pm

And just when you thought the Jets understood the tank, they go ahead and win. :lol: :roll:

Jameis Winston here we came. :lol:

j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 18,491

Post#7 » by j4remi » Mon Dec 15, 2014 8:35 pm

The debacle that is this season has reached a new level of hilarity with that win...seriously...it's amazing that they can't even lose properly.
Haliburton/Lewis Jr/Sasser
Booker/Shamet
Barnes/Dick/Duarte
Washington/Barnes/Crowder
Zubac/Theis/Clowney

Sanogo, Castleton

Ex: Samar, K. Diop, Spagnolo
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#8 » by moocow007 » Mon Dec 15, 2014 9:45 pm

The "silver lining" is that Idzik would just end up making the wrong pick anyways.
Shemy
Head Coach

Post#9 » by Shemy » Tue Dec 16, 2014 7:07 am

TB is terrible and play in a fvkn pathetic division we werent beating them to mariota, I was hoping we get Cooper earlier in the year and am glad to see that we still may be in play for him, just scared of Oakland in going in for him

how are the other QB's not named Winston and Mariota anything their, ive seen that the UCLA QB is being talked about as a potential second rounder
"They scared now"
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#10 » by moocow007 » Wed Dec 17, 2014 5:22 pm

Shemy wrote:TB is terrible and play in a fvkn pathetic division we werent beating them to mariota, I was hoping we get Cooper earlier in the year and am glad to see that we still may be in play for him, just scared of Oakland in going in for him

how are the other QB's not named Winston and Mariota anything their, ive seen that the UCLA QB is being talked about as a potential second rounder

Brett Hundley was being discussed by some as a top 10 pick and even the no.1 QB taken by few pundits early on in the season but he's been a mild disappointment. Connor Cook was the "next guy" after Marriota and Winston for most very recently but he just decided to go back to school (probably realizes that he's the odds on favorite for top QB in the 2016 draft). There was some steam building that the Jets should take Cook instead as a darkhorse (before he decided to not enter the draft).

Others? There's generally believe to be a good drop off after the above named. If the Jets are looking for a smart, competitive, feel for the game guy what has the charisma to handle NY and who has a nice set of all around QB skills to maybe be a starter in the NFL? Not sure, maybe Shane Carden?

He didn't play in a big name college so there's some question about what he can consistently do against top competition but he's one of those guys that can surprise a few people. Not the tallest, not the fastest, not the biggest arm, but a competitor and a guy that has great composure, presence, feel and fire (aka everything that Geno Smith lacks and a guy like Russell Wilson had? No not saying he's the next Russell Wilson, just saying that he has the type of personality traits you want a leader and winner to have).

I believe Carden is viewed as a possible 3rd round pick...right now...so if the Jets decide that they can't risk Jameis Winston's offcourt issues and go a different direction (Amari Cooper the WR, Brandon Scherff the OT, Leonard Williams the DT, etc.) with their top pick, Carden should be there when their pick early in the 3rd comes on the board. Jet's need pretty much most every position right? Their OL is old and ineffective...Scherff is basically a big mobile Frankenstein like offensive lineman and would be a great addition. Their WR's still stink pretty much as a whole and Cooper has game breaking ability there. Leonard Williams has some believing that he could be the next great defensive tackle and is a freak of nature...heck his hair alone would be a hit in NY. Think of lining Williams in a 3 man front with Wilkerson and Richardson?

Leonard Williams

Amari Cooper

Brandon Scherff

Jameis Winston is the most talented quarterback coming out of college but he's like that girl from the Transformers 2 movie. The super hot blond that wants you but that you know is somehow going to try to suck your brains out your ears.
zilby
RealGM

Post#11 » by zilby » Sun Dec 28, 2014 4:59 pm

News currently going around that Idzik will be out the door after today's game ends, and Rex's status remains uncertain although he personally believes he's gone. GM will be Woody's call and the coach will be whomever the new GM decides on.

Great news that Idzik is gone though. What a terrible GM he is.
Hawaiian pizza is good.
Yankeeknickfan
RealGM

Post#12 » by Yankeeknickfan » Sun Dec 28, 2014 6:57 pm

Cmon we need this loss for the tank
Imageceltics
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#13 » by moocow007 » Sun Dec 28, 2014 7:42 pm

zilby wrote:News currently going around that Idzik will be out the door after today's game ends, and Rex's status remains uncertain although he personally believes he's gone. GM will be Woody's call and the coach will be whomever the new GM decides on.

Yep. Idzik is an absolute moron when it comes to being an NFL GM.
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#14 » by moocow007 » Sun Dec 28, 2014 8:49 pm

lol...Jets trying to win the game against the Dolphins. Dear lord. Once again, with the season gone they are trying to win one for Rex. :eyeroll: Tennessee and Jacksonville OTOH know exactly what they should be doing...losing.
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#15 » by moocow007 » Sun Dec 28, 2014 9:02 pm

Even when they win, they lose. Only the Jets.
Shemy
Head Coach

Post#16 » by Shemy » Sun Dec 28, 2014 9:23 pm

if oakland win we will be selecting at 5th wont we?

still sucks to win, I really dont follow other teams so I have no idea on what their selections will be but I want Cooper bad, so Tampa and Titans are going Mariota/Winston, dont see jax going for Cooper, Oakland I can very much see, what about the redskins hows are they at WR?

and geno you **** thanks for giving me false hope moving into next season
"They scared now"
Pharmcat
RealGM
And1: 19,009

Post#17 » by Pharmcat » Sun Dec 28, 2014 9:52 pm

that was a BRILLIANT performance by Geno
Pharmcat
RealGM
And1: 19,009

Post#18 » by Pharmcat » Sun Dec 28, 2014 9:52 pm

moocow007 wrote:
zilby wrote:News currently going around that Idzik will be out the door after today's game ends, and Rex's status remains uncertain although he personally believes he's gone. GM will be Woody's call and the coach will be whomever the new GM decides on.

Yep. Idzik is an absolute moron when it comes to being an NFL GM.

in a draft stacked with WRs, he misses them all
in a FA class stacked with CBs and has cap space, he missed them all

HORRIBLE HORRIBLE GM, worse than scott layden
zilby
RealGM

Post#19 » by zilby » Mon Dec 29, 2014 5:45 am

End of the season. Rex sounded in his press conference like he was on the way out.

Jets will be picking 6th, by the way.
Hawaiian pizza is good.
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#20 » by moocow007 » Mon Dec 29, 2014 7:53 am

Shemy wrote:if oakland win we will be selecting at 5th wont we?

still sucks to win, I really dont follow other teams so I have no idea on what their selections will be but I want Cooper bad, so Tampa and Titans are going Mariota/Winston, dont see jax going for Cooper, Oakland I can very much see, what about the redskins hows are they at WR?

and geno you **** thanks for giving me false hope moving into next season

Raiders probably have Leonard Williams and Amari Cooper 1 and 2 on their board. Williams is likely a lock for top 3 so that leaves Cooper likely going to the Raiders at 4 and the Jets looking in from the outside at 5 likely drafting an OL which, while it's definitely something of need, doesn't quite have the same franchise impacting punch as a top QB or a Julio Jones like WR or a once in every half decade DT.

As far as Geno Smith goes, Mark Sanchez also had a great game here and there didn't he? And speaking of Sanchez, he may be the best QB on the free agent market. :lol:

Return to New York Jets