ImageImageImageImageImage

Week 5: Texans @ Jets | Oct. 8th, 8:30PM, ESPN

Moderator: Rich Rane

ibraheim718
Knicks Forum Point God
And1: 14,400

Re: Week 5: Texans @ Jets | Oct. 8th, 8:30PM, ESPN 

Post#41 » by ibraheim718 » Fri Oct 12, 2012 5:07 am

I have a problem with Tebow starting if people think he's going to carry this team. However, I have no problem with Tebow starting if it finally puts the case that he's a good QB to rest.

That was exactly denver's thinking last year... And they needed to go out and get a HOF QB to replace him because no matter how bad of a QB Elway thought Tebow was he couldn't justify getting rid of him unless it was with Manning. If they don't acquire Manning Tebow is still the starting QB for the Broncos.

I'm with Denver. I wouldn't build a team around a QB whose arm I'm not comfortable with. This team's problems extend much further than who's under center. I have no problem going with a complete rebuild and if Tebow is here for that, all power to him. As a fan however, there is no way in hell I'm expecting a lot from him.

Regardless how far the problems extend on this football team without a competent QB the team gets nowhere... and I know that Sanchez ins't that guy.

And I'd take all those guys over Tim Tebow. None of those guys change the dynamic of this team anyway.

And I'd take Tebow over Sanchez... are we watching the same Mark Sanchez? He's been terrible... at least Tim can make up for what he lacks in the throwing department by doing other things... Sanchez doesn't.
Rich Rane
Senior Mod - Nets
Senior Mod - Nets
And1: 13,686

Re: Week 5: Texans @ Jets | Oct. 8th, 8:30PM, ESPN 

Post#42 » by Rich Rane » Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:38 pm

ibraheim718 wrote:That was exactly denver's thinking last year... And they needed to go out and get a HOF QB to replace him because no matter how bad of a QB Elway thought Tebow was he couldn't justify getting rid of him unless it was with Manning. If they don't acquire Manning Tebow is still the starting QB for the Broncos.

And my thinking this year is that it isn't far-fetched to think this team isn't even as good as Denver was last year, even pre-Tebow. The Jets can't hide Tebow's deficiencies like last year's Denver team could.

Regardless how far the problems extend on this football team without a competent QB the team gets nowhere... and I know that Sanchez ins't that guy.

Can Tebow rush the QB? Can Tebow stop the run? Can Tebow be an option at wideout? Should a QB ever be the Number 1 option on the run? Can Tebow play any o-line position? No matter how good Tebow's intangibles are, simply putting him under center doesn't mean this is a playoff team. At this point, my mindset is that you could get a time machine, bring a prime Joe Montana under center and I wouldn't be surprised if that team didn't make playoffs.

And I'd take Tebow over Sanchez... are we watching the same Mark Sanchez? He's been terrible... at least Tim can make up for what he lacks in the throwing department by doing other things... Sanchez doesn't.

And what has Tebow done here in his opportunities (although limited, he's certainly gotten a lot of snaps for a backup QB whose starter isn't injured)? For every gain he has, he either loses a lot of yardage or gets nothing (One of the few times he throws, he also got Dedrick Epps injured by overthrowing him). I'm seriously wondering what could Tebow do for this team since this team can't do anything for his game.

Return to New York Jets