ImageImageImageImageImage

Offseason 2015 (Latest: Geno Smith Out 6-10 Weeks)

Moderator: Rich Rane

moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,128

Re: Offseason 2015 (Latest: Revis and Cro Reunited, CJ Spiller?) 

Post#141 » by moocow007 » Wed Mar 25, 2015 9:44 pm

Rich Rane wrote:Jets file tampering charges against Patriots
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... s-remarks/

Goodell will pull a trick from the NFL referee's book and tell them both penalties offset. :lol:

The funniest thing is the Patriots despite clearly being the better franchise, the more successful franchise, the better team still seem to be so focused on the Jets for some reason. It's like the Red Sox and Yankees for years before the Sox won those WS titles except the Yankees actually could argue that they are the better team/franchise. The Jets have been brutal and yet still the Patriots seem to be still so bothered (bitter, petty, not sure what the right word is) about anything the Jets do. Maybe it's just the perception from this side of the fence? I understand the whole Belichik thing, but come on, move on already.
Stannis
RealGM
And1: 9,934

Re: Offseason 2015 (Latest: Revis and Cro Reunited, CJ Spiller?) 

Post#142 » by Stannis » Thu Mar 26, 2015 2:29 am

Yea, this whole tampering charge is a complete joke. Patriots weren't going to bring him back anyway. They didn't want to pay him. They are just mad he want to the Jets of all teams.
Free Palestine
zilby
RealGM
And1: 38,871

Re: Offseason 2015 (Latest: 2015 Schedule Released) 

Post#143 » by zilby » Wed Apr 22, 2015 4:14 am

The schedule is out!

Week 1: vs. Cleveland Browns, 1PM
Week 2: @ Colts, 8:30PM (MNF game)
Week 3: vs. Eagles, 1:00PM
Week 4: @ Dolphins, 9:30AM (London, England game)
Week 5: Bye
Week 6: vs. Redskins, 1PM
Week 7: @ Patriots, 1PM
Week 8: @ Raiders, 4:05PM
Week 9: vs. Jaguars, 1PM
Week 10: vs. Bills, 8:25PM (TNF game)
Week 11: @ Texans, 1PM
Week 12: vs. Dolphins, 1PM
Week 13: @ Giants, 1PM
Week 14: vs. Titans, 1PM
Week 15: @ Cowboys, 8:25PM (SNF game)
Week 16: vs. Patriots, 1PM
Week 17: @ Bills, 1PM

What do you guys think?

UPDATE: How did this go so unnoticed? Jets traded the 7th they got in the Brandon Marshall trade and picked up Zac Stacy. I thought he was ridiculously overrated last year, but I'm interested if he's gonna bounce back to rookie form.
Hawaiian pizza is good.
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,128

Re: Offseason 2015 (Latest: 2015 Schedule Released) 

Post#144 » by moocow007 » Thu May 7, 2015 6:03 pm

zilby wrote:The schedule is out!

Week 1: vs. Cleveland Browns, 1PM
Week 2: @ Colts, 8:30PM (MNF game)
Week 3: vs. Eagles, 1:00PM
Week 4: @ Dolphins, 9:30AM (London, England game)
Week 5: Bye
Week 6: vs. Redskins, 1PM
Week 7: @ Patriots, 1PM
Week 8: @ Raiders, 4:05PM
Week 9: vs. Jaguars, 1PM
Week 10: vs. Bills, 8:25PM (TNF game)
Week 11: @ Texans, 1PM
Week 12: vs. Dolphins, 1PM
Week 13: @ Giants, 1PM
Week 14: vs. Titans, 1PM
Week 15: @ Cowboys, 8:25PM (SNF game)
Week 16: vs. Patriots, 1PM
Week 17: @ Bills, 1PM

What do you guys think?

UPDATE: How did this go so unnoticed? Jets traded the 7th they got in the Brandon Marshall trade and picked up Zac Stacy. I thought he was ridiculously overrated last year, but I'm interested if he's gonna bounce back to rookie form.

For a 7th round pick, it's probably worth it.

If you line up the best rushing seasons for all of the Jets RB's, Stacy would have the 2nd best behind new Jet RB Stevan Ridley. With Ivory on the last year of his contract and with Stacy's contract really cap friendly for several years, this also works out well both financially as well as looking beyond the upcoming season.

With Gailey offense likely favoring passing anyways, I think they are now set at RB.

Taking a Smith followed by a Mauldin made more sense than taking one of the available RB's when lining up value at each slot in the 2nd and 3rd rounds so I think it was a good move. Stacy may not be good enough to be a solo act, but paired with Ridley (who also probably isn't someone that you want to rush 20-25 times a game) gives the Jets some punch in the backfield not to mention a lot of depth.

Had either Gurley or Gordon fallen a bit it may have been possible for the Jets to trade up to land one of those two guys and really have a franchise type RB but both guys got taken I think a lot earlier than most thought. Once they went, you were basically taking gambles on guys that may end up being as productive as Ridley and Stacy.
j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 18,496

Re: Offseason 2015 (Latest: Jets Acquire Zac Stacy) 

Post#145 » by j4remi » Sun May 10, 2015 3:42 pm

Here's an interesting tidbit...Marshall is moving in with Geno and has been working out with him since the trade. I think he's in a situation where he really needs to prove he can get along with his QB after all the Cutler crap and I actually believe this could be good for Geno. Marshall seems ready to take on more of a leading role in our locker room already and we could use that as well. Another bit of minor news but Leonard Williams sounds like he's been great the first couple of rookie camp days, that was kinda expected but it's good to know it's happening.

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york-jets/p ... ddy-system
Haliburton/Lewis Jr/Sasser
Booker/Shamet
Barnes/Dick/Duarte
Washington/Barnes/Crowder
Zubac/Theis/Clowney

Sanogo, Castleton

Ex: Samar, K. Diop, Spagnolo
Rich Rane
Senior Mod - Nets
Senior Mod - Nets
And1: 13,798

Re: Offseason 2015 (Latest: Richardson Suspended 4 for Pot) 

Post#146 » by Rich Rane » Fri Jul 31, 2015 12:15 am

Sheldon Richardson, you :censored: idiot.
TheJetsBlog wrote:New York Jets DE Sheldon Richardson was arrested on July 14 for resisting arrest and other traffic violations in St. Charles County, Missouri, according to Fox’s St. Louis affiliate.

O’Fallon Police Department officers clocked Richardson’s vehicle and another car racing on I-64 at speeds between 122 and 143 mph, according to the report.

Richardson, an O’Fallon, Missouri native, was in the car with two other men and a 12-year-old child.

http://thejetsblog.com/nyjets/richardson-arrested-for-racing-resisting-arrest-on-july-14/#comments
Barcs
Veteran
And1: 712

Re: Offseason 2015 (Latest: Richardson In Even More Serious Trouble) 

Post#147 » by Barcs » Wed Aug 5, 2015 9:06 pm

Yeah Richardson is a moron. Can't believe he tried to hide that from the Jets and even said in the media that his name won't come up again a week after it happened. I won't be surprised in the least if he doesn't touch the field this season. This is typical snake bitten Jets crap. Every time things seem to be going well, somebody does something stupid and ruins it. If I'm the Jets, I'm shopping him after this year and paying Mohammed Wilkerson what he's worth.
SELL THE TEAM, JIM!!! :curse:
j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#148 » by j4remi » Thu Aug 6, 2015 3:15 pm

. Even with Wilkerson out, it sounds like they won't give Richardson first team snaps...heavy message, well played imo.

. Geno still hasn't thrown a pick in practice (jinx?)...it's not saying much, but hey, that's still progress sorta.

. The O-Line owned a Goal Line drill...that's new.

. I haven't heard enough about our recieving corps, some Marshall mentions expected but that's it. It's especially worrisome that I haven't heard jack about our TE's.
Booker/Shamet
Barnes/Dick/Duarte
Zubac/Theis/Clowney

Sanogo, Castleton

Barcs
Veteran

Post#149 » by Barcs » Mon Aug 10, 2015 9:08 pm

Well, one thing that's been good about the off season is that Geno seems to have gotten better with turnovers. He only really had one bad day of practice, and he's only thrown like 1 pick in camp. Fans booed him at the Green and White practice but those fans are not real fans, IMO. Jumping down Geno's throat the second he has a bad play in a practice is downright silly. He's had a good camp so far, and he's playing against a great defense. Marshall is going to be the key that Geno needs to take the next step. Will he do it? I sure hope so, our success is dependent upon QB play that is at least mediocre with the defense that we have. I'm so tired of bottom of the league QBs. If we never get a top 20 QB, we'll never win the ultimate prize.

Also the snakebitten factor continues. Milliner out 6-8 weeks, injured again. Antonio Allen out for the year with torn ACL. CB was very deep but now I'm getting nervous. Revis is goat, but I don't think Cromartie is the guy he used to be before his hip injury in 2013.
j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#150 » by j4remi » Tue Aug 11, 2015 12:35 pm

Barcs wrote:Well, one thing that's been good about the off season is that Geno seems to have gotten better with turnovers. He only really had one bad day of practice, and he's only thrown like 1 pick in camp. Fans booed him at the Green and White practice but those fans are not real fans, IMO. Jumping down Geno's throat the second he has a bad play in a practice is downright silly. He's had a good camp so far, and he's playing against a great defense. Marshall is going to be the key that Geno needs to take the next step. Will he do it? I sure hope so, our success is dependent upon QB play that is at least mediocre with the defense that we have. I'm so tired of bottom of the league QBs. If we never get a top 20 QB, we'll never win the ultimate prize.

Also the snakebitten factor continues. Milliner out 6-8 weeks, injured again. Antonio Allen out for the year with torn ACL. CB was very deep but now I'm getting nervous. Revis is goat, but I don't think Cromartie is the guy he used to be before his hip injury in 2013.

It sounds like Geno and Marshall spending time in the offseason together has helped. Marshall in the scrimmage scored on both Revis and Cro which is pretty impressive. Still won't matter until they do it in a live game but for now this is all promising.

Mauldin is a guy whose name keeps coming up and may be a real impact player early and often.
http://nypost.com/2015/08/10/did-jets-find-the-sack-fiend-vernon-gholston-never-was/
Booker/Shamet
Barnes/Dick/Duarte
Zubac/Theis/Clowney

Sanogo, Castleton

Rich Rane
Senior Mod - Nets
Senior Mod - Nets
And1: 13,798

Post#151 » by Rich Rane » Tue Aug 11, 2015 5:38 pm

Geno out 6-10 weeks with broken jaw after getting sucker-punched by IK Enemkpali, who has been released.
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000508631/article/geno-smith-will-miss-610-weeks-after-sucker-punch
j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Re: Offseason 2015 (Latest: Geno Smith Out 6-10 Weeks) 

Post#152 » by j4remi » Tue Aug 11, 2015 6:02 pm

It sounded like he was having a promising camp and I was ready to give a him a shot pending a decent preseason. That said, I picture a lot of Jets fans considering this a blessing in disguise. Hopefully Fitz is healthy and ready.
Booker/Shamet
Barnes/Dick/Duarte
Zubac/Theis/Clowney

Sanogo, Castleton

zilby
RealGM
And1: 38,871

Post#153 » by zilby » Tue Aug 11, 2015 8:43 pm

Not that I want to downplay the situation, but this has to be the most New York Jets thing that could've happened to us this offseason.

Hopefully Geno has a speedy recovery and we don't miss him too much with Fitz at the helm.
Hawaiian pizza is good.
Barcs
Veteran

Post#154 » by Barcs » Wed Aug 12, 2015 4:11 pm

They keep saying that Geno's out at least 6-10 weeks. What does that even mean? 6-10 weeks is a time frame. Is it at least 6 weeks or at least 10 weeks? In reality, he's out AT LEAST 6 weeks if time frame is 6-10, which means he could be there for game 3. Most reporters and beat writers don't have a basic grasp on the English language and that is sad.

The Jets just keep finding ways to embarrass themselves. So much for the idea that it was Rex Ryan. This **** is inexcusable and makes me want to quit being a fan of this team. You can't help a team that won't help itself. This **** makes Pierre Paul blowing his hand off and Tom Brady deflating footballs seem like nothing. This happens every single time the Jets are in position to make some noise. It's downright stupid. It's like how Sanchez got injured before 2013 right before the season when he looked sharper than he had ever been. The Jets are cursed.

Return to New York Jets