ImageImageImageImageImage

We should all hope that Miriota has the worst game of his life vs fsu

Moderator: Rich Rane

Yankeeknickfan
RealGM
And1: 4,627

We should all hope that Miriota has the worst game of his life vs fsu 

Post#1 » by Yankeeknickfan » Sun Dec 28, 2014 7:12 pm

And that wintson has the best game he has ever played so that Miriota falls to us
Imageceltics
JBreezeNY
RealGM
And1: 10,734

Re: We should all hope that Miriota has the worst game of his life vs fsu 

Post#2 » by JBreezeNY » Sun Dec 28, 2014 7:15 pm

What the hell is this obsession with Mariotta?

Winston is better than him not to mention we need a WR & OL more. We can get a QB in the FA.
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,125

Post#3 » by moocow007 » Sun Dec 28, 2014 7:31 pm

Has Mariota ever gotten the ball off snap in the pocket his entire time at Oregon? Can an NFL offense be run almost exclusively with a QB in the shotgun? It's not a small concern. Yes, Mariota has great speed. Yes, Mariota is a winner. Yes, Mariota has a strong arm (thought not elite arm). But in the NFL I'm not sure that you can go exclusively with a QB who has basically always started from the shotgun position in college.
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,125

Post#4 » by moocow007 » Sun Dec 28, 2014 7:33 pm

Jet's honestly may be better off looking to trade down a bit and get multiple top picks if they somehow manage the 1st overall pick. They have so many holes to fill and lack talent all the way around. Mariota like I said isn't Andrew Luck. He's got questions that can't be brushed off about how he will fit in a pro offense. If someone really wants Mariota that badly, maybe they can get a big haul for him and restock at multiple positions. Maybe get some real quality pieces and look for another season of stinking to restock some more. While next season's QB depth isn't projected to be as good there are a couple guys that could really turn into terrific NFL QB's.
Barcs
Veteran
And1: 712

Post#5 » by Barcs » Fri Jan 2, 2015 10:20 pm

moocow007 wrote:Has Mariota ever gotten the ball off snap in the pocket his entire time at Oregon? Can an NFL offense be run almost exclusively with a QB in the shotgun? It's not a small concern. Yes, Mariota has great speed. Yes, Mariota is a winner. Yes, Mariota has a strong arm (thought not elite arm). But in the NFL I'm not sure that you can go exclusively with a QB who has basically always started from the shotgun position in college.

Sounds just like Geno Smith to be honest. The biggest knock on Geno coming out of college was that he rarely took snaps under center, only in shotgun. We all saw how well that worked out. You can't run an NFL offense purely out of shotgun, you will get exploited. Geno still makes countless mistakes do to inexperience in the pocket. I'm not a big Winston fan either. At this point, I wouldn't force anything unless one of them falls to us. If that happens we need to get them on the bench and let Geno or FA QB play the season while they learn on the sidelines instead of throwing these guys into the fire constantly.
SELL THE TEAM, JIM!!! :curse:

Return to New York Jets