And1: 1,744

Re: Raiders offseason thread 

Post#141 » by GoRapstheoriginal » Tue Jun 3, 2014 1:40 am

Neddy
RealGM
And1: 3,908

Post#142 » by Neddy » Tue Jun 24, 2014 12:24 am

Carr surpasses McG on the depth chart already.

http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/sports/R ... 47441.html
ehhhhh f it.
Ashman23
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#143 » by Ashman23 » Tue Jan 20, 2015 5:38 am

So Jack Del Rio HC (Ok, good with that)
Bill Musgrove announced as our OC (I don't like this hire)
Twinkie defense
RealGM
And1: 1,082

Post#144 » by Twinkie defense » Sun May 17, 2015 5:55 am

Del Rio already angling to coach USC.
Quake Griffin
RealGM
And1: 4,640

Post#145 » by Quake Griffin » Sun May 17, 2015 5:44 pm

Twinkie defense wrote:Del Rio already angling to coach USC.

?
“I’ve always felt that drafting is the life blood of any organization.” - Jerome Alan West.
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,006

Post#146 » by FNQ » Mon May 18, 2015 4:23 pm

JDR was inducted into the USC HoF last week. He compared the craziness around deflategate to the overreaction to USC's punishment re: Reggie Bush.

So I would assume the above post is just being tongue-in-cheek.. would be hard to take seriously. Pete Carroll was inducted as well, though he said the exact opposite about deflategate.
Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#147 » by Quake Griffin » Thu May 21, 2015 12:30 am

“We have to win now,” Hayden said. “Why rebuild? Let’s just win. Let’s just go out there and do it. Why try to work your way up to winning? Just win now. We play the game to win, so let’s win.”

Like Hayden's attitude here.
“I’ve always felt that drafting is the life blood of any organization.” - Jerome Alan West.
benchmobbin02
Veteran
And1: 364

Post#148 » by benchmobbin02 » Mon Jun 1, 2015 3:26 pm

Love Hayden Attitude as well! If you set your mind to the task of being the best and that is your goal from day one no matter where you start then your outlook should always be positive till you reach the top! JUST WIN BABY!
MAKE IT MAKE SENSE!
Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#149 » by Quake Griffin » Fri Jun 5, 2015 5:12 pm

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2 ... d-raiders/

PFF Depth Charts released.
this is how they view our players.

Man they are tough on Lofton.
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#150 » by FNQ » Fri Jun 5, 2015 5:40 pm

They are just using grades from the last season, where Lofton was terrible in an overall terrible Saints system. That said, unbelievably, he represents a massive upgrade from Miles Burris.
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#151 » by FNQ » Sat Jun 6, 2015 8:49 pm

http://www.silverandblackpride.com/2015 ... -be-a-star

Amari hype train has started.. kid should be good for 1k yards as a rookie, espeically if we're playing from behind a lot. But can't find a single negative thing about him. Reminds me of the hype around AJ Green when he was drafted by the Bengals, 4th overall too.

as for maligned CB DJ Hayden:

For as high as he was drafted, saying he "may never be a star" is a bit damning. There is obvious reasons for the team to be excited about how Hayden closed last season. He often seemed just a step away from making huge plays and showed an aggressiveness and physicality he hadn't shown early in his rookie season following two surgeries -- one on a life threatening heart injury, and the other to remove scar tissue from his abdomen.

Following the team's first OTA Jack Del Rio spoke of Hayden's footwork, though he was sure to point out there is still much work to be done.

"You see his feet and he's got really good feet," said Del Rio. "He's super quick. This is a hard-working football team. Coming in, I think thus far we, as a staff, have talked about how this group has been eager and working hard. That's good. It's a good place to start. Now it's a matter of sustaining that kind of effort. It's a matter of building the mentality that we want and things like that. I like the way DJ has approached his work thus far."

:pray: stay healthy man. Would be the first full OTA that he's 100% healthy.. and as the article points out at the end, shadowing Cooper in practice will do nothing but make Hayden elevate his game.
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#152 » by FNQ » Tue Jun 9, 2015 6:06 pm

Per Vic Tafur:

- J'marcus Webb (try and ignore 1st name) is making noise as a darkhorse candidate to start at RG over Feliciano/Barnes. As far as I'm concerned, anyone starting over Barnes is a good thing, because he is the incumbent and that would mean the project Webb or the rookie Feliciano impressed the Raiders enough to trust them to be our week 1 starter.

- UDFA Leon Orr is impressing without the pads. Pads come on today, so optimism should be cautious, but that is great news for us, bad news for Stacy McGee. With Dan Williams and Jelly entrenched as starters, and Mario Williams/Tuck/CJ Wilson capable of kicking inside for pass-rushing downs, that leaves 1 spot on the line open. McGee, Lumpkin, and Orr are the only pure DTs we currently have in camp right now that aren't guaranteed a spot. That's a good upside battle: McGee has 3 down potential if he keeps his weight in check and his head on straight. Lumpkin is the safe, decent across the board type, and Orr is the big upside young guy.

- Menelik Watson showing lots of improvement supposedly and it wouldn't surprise Vic if he won the battle vs Austin Howard. Said that he's understanding assignments better, and his footwork is better. To date its been inconsistent, as he's flashed starting RT ability before but the wheels have come off at times.

- Says to expect a lot of 2 TE sets: Clive Walford and Lee Smith. Peace out Mychal Rivera. Hopefully your crazy sister keeps coming to games tho.
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#153 » by FNQ » Tue Jun 9, 2015 10:46 pm

Interesting development: McGill and Hayden are splitting 1st team reps at CB, per several sources there. One OTR source said it's no big deal, that they wanted McGill to get snaps against Streater and Cooper, to practice jamming. But something to keep an eye on.

Also of note: Streater is being lauded by almost all who watched... when a WR or CB is lauded in practice, its always important to consider who they were up against, and Streater was almost always watched by McGill or Carrie. So an optimist would say our WR corps is looking good, a pessimist would say our CBs are not.
Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#154 » by Quake Griffin » Tue Jun 9, 2015 10:47 pm

sounds good on the RG spot.
love the fact that we have competition on that side of the line if we're not going to have certified studs there at the moment.

http://oak.247sports.com/Bolt/Raiders-Q ... p-37677910
video of Carr throwing.
Can't lie. No feeling in his ring finger scared the hell out of me. Glad to see he's alright and there's that zip on one of those passes in there.
Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#155 » by Quake Griffin » Tue Jun 9, 2015 10:49 pm

yea, saw Tafur's tweet on Cooper showing "flashes" but Streater stealing the day.

excellent problem to have.
Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#156 » by Quake Griffin » Tue Jun 9, 2015 11:01 pm

Those extra 7th round picks COULD turn out to be a little stroke of genius.

get extra 7ths.
draft good UDFAs who possibly wouldn't sign here.
use them on risky players with high upside.

Orr just turning out to be a contributor in itself would be awesome for our front line.
GoRapstheoriginal
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,744

Post#157 » by GoRapstheoriginal » Tue Jun 9, 2015 11:11 pm

StunnaStan
Pro Prospect
And1: 259

Post#158 » by StunnaStan » Wed Jun 10, 2015 1:32 am

Feeling good about the upcoming season. Hope our run game and cornerbacks improve
Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#159 » by Quake Griffin » Wed Jun 10, 2015 4:02 am

if anybody has any word on Mario Edwards, I'd love to hear how he's doing.

I follow him on instagram but he doesn't do much.
We pretty much need him to be a plus player going forward.
benchmobbin02
Veteran
And1: 364

Post#160 » by benchmobbin02 » Fri Jun 26, 2015 10:16 pm

MAKE IT MAKE SENSE!

Return to Las Vegas Raiders