Raiders offseason thread

Moderator: HMFFL

FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,007

Carson Palmer refuses to take pay cut - potentially cut? 

Post#1 » by FNQ » Tue Mar 26, 2013 6:33 am

I sure wouldn't mind. He was brought in to win-now, which we clearly can't do right now. If he has any trade value whatsoever I'd be looking to cash in on it (looking at you, ARI).

Ideally, I'd ship Palmer to ARI for a 2nd and 2014 3rd. Use a 4th or 5th rounder to dangle to the Eagles for Vick. That way we'd have a system (mobile QBs in Vick / Pryor) while being entertaining but likely not winning. Leaving us in great position to take Johnny Football next year.
Quake Griffin
RealGM
And1: 4,640

Re: Carson Palmer refuses to take pay cut - potentially cut? 

Post#2 » by Quake Griffin » Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:31 pm

cut this dude.
sign a corner...srs

i am crazy.
beyond crazy.
but i have faith in T-Peezy.
he's got a bad rap for selling the Big Ten ring and saying everybody kills ppl (taken out of context)....but i srsly have 0 doubts about him being engaged, getting the offense down and playing his ass off.

i'll let his accuracy be off just to have the option of having him run like the wind given the opportunity.
“I’ve always felt that drafting is the life blood of any organization.” - Jerome Alan West.
Neddy
RealGM
And1: 3,908

Re: Carson Palmer refuses to take pay cut - potentially cut? 

Post#3 » by Neddy » Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:05 pm

i like carson personally, but objectively speaking, we need to move on from him financially as a rebuilding team that we are. we don't need an aging former star QB who refuses to take a paycut when there is absolutely no other team that will even pay him 10 mil after asked 3 mil paycut. move on. i have high hopes for prior as either QB of the future or a decent stop gap QB at worst, and please Reggie pass on Geno and trade that 3rd pick down to pick up some extra picks. we need quality and quantity at this point.
ehhhhh f it.
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Raiders officially acquire Matt Flynn 

Post#4 » by FNQ » Mon Apr 1, 2013 7:16 pm

Picks still unknown at this time, but we're hearing 'late round' 2014 and conditional 2015.

Not bad at all... wonder what we get for Palmer
GoRapstheoriginal
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,759

Re: Raiders officially acquire Matt Flynn 

Post#5 » by GoRapstheoriginal » Mon Apr 1, 2013 10:37 pm

Yeah, I'm still holding out hope we will get this ship turned around >< Been frustrating being a Raiders fan currently! :(

GO RAIDERS! Cheers! :P! :)!
BayAreaMadSkill
Junior
And1: 31

Post#6 » by BayAreaMadSkill » Thu Apr 4, 2013 11:20 pm

I think it's a damn good acquisition. And getting rid of Palmer and his contract is huge.

Our GM has done a damn good job this off-season. He walked into an absolute disaster and has helped our cap situation while acquiring solid talent.

We will still be awful next season, but atleast we are on the right track.
Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#7 » by Quake Griffin » Fri Apr 5, 2013 7:20 am

sucks thats all we could get for palmer.

wonder what we plan to do now with his cap space freed up.
“I’ve always felt that drafting is the life blood of any organization.” - Jerome Alan West.
Neddy
RealGM

Post#8 » by Neddy » Sat Apr 6, 2013 11:42 pm

i blame this move @ mark davis.

unlike his father, this kid does not have a back bone. no matter what hue was saying to mark, if mark had any doubt to fire coach jackson, he should not have approved of a trade for carson for a 1 first rounder and a 1 second round picks(that could have been a 1st). IF he was willing to give them up, he should have kept hue to finish what he had started. he changed the leadership that had a very contrasting view of the direction where this team was supposed to go, and sacrificed two high picks in the process to hinder the rebuilding process that ended up tying the hands of the new GM.

now back to reality of today's current situation, matt flynn is as good as we can have to compete next to prior to make us even so slightly better in our rebuilding year #1.
ehhhhh f it.
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Raiders offseason thread 

Post#9 » by FNQ » Sun Apr 14, 2013 8:00 pm

Feel like it'll be easier to keep it all in one thread. Merging now..
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Re: Raiders offseason thread 

Post#10 » by FNQ » Sun Apr 14, 2013 8:03 pm

So Raiders news the past few days:

- we've signed Rashad Jennings (RB), Mike Jenkins (CB), and Tracy Porter (CB).
- we've been talking with Seneca Wallace (QB) and Vince Young (QB).
- we've been one of two teams (Jax being the other) rumored to be talking trade with Miami Dolphins for #12

Not great, but pretty good considering our cap situation
Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#11 » by Quake Griffin » Tue Apr 16, 2013 3:55 pm

FireNellieQuick wrote:So Raiders news the past few days:

- we've signed Rashad Jennings (RB), Mike Jenkins (CB), and Tracy Porter (CB).
- we've been talking with Seneca Wallace (QB) and Vince Young (QB).
- we've been one of two teams (Jax being the other) rumored to be talking trade with Miami Dolphins for #12

Not great, but pretty good considering our cap situation

i truly appleciate what reggie is doing with this team.

trading the three to get to the 12 and recoup the 2nd round pick would be genius.
we still have a shot at grabbing Star there and we need those crucial 2nd and 3rd round picks to keep ourselves relatively young and build depth.

less than impressed by the CB signings...but we need CBs and if ur strong up front, u can get away with so so CBs.

i see the trade for Flynn....i see VY.
makes me wonder about Terrelle Pryor...maybe reggie is losing faith in him?
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#12 » by FNQ » Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:20 pm

PFT is stating that we're not actively looking to shop our pick, just listening to calls.. not sure if I like that, but I keep hearing great things about Sharrif Floyd, so maybe it is for the best
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#13 » by FNQ » Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:29 am

Words cannot express how angry I am that we drafted Hayden.
Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#14 » by Quake Griffin » Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:11 pm

FireNellieQuick wrote:Words cannot express how angry I am that we drafted Hayden.

i think i may understand what he is doing here....but it's crazy ridiculous.

my theory? There was no Suh or Haloti Ngata in the draft, no matter how high Floyd or Star were projected in this draft. If there was, these players would have went top 4 overall - not 14 and 23 (i think this is where they went). They weren't even the first tackles off the board. Reggie didnt want to tie up money in a franchise changing position for just a decent player and instead decided to pay someone the best person he thinks he could find at that point in the draft while filling a weakness....plus Hayden was rising in Mocks. He's a first rounder through and through.

if ur not getting Suh or Ngata, u can find effective DL ppl late - think Lamarr, Shaughnessy.

2 take aways.

1. we can still sign seymour????? maybe? for cheap?
2. we do have a nice secondary...lol...w/no bullies up front and no pass rush...but we have a nice secondary.
Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#15 » by Quake Griffin » Sat Apr 27, 2013 12:54 am

and we're having a good draft.
Neddy
RealGM

Post#16 » by Neddy » Sat Apr 27, 2013 4:45 am

love all 3 picks so far.

DJ hayden maybe the next shut down corner we haven't had since aso left, in tradition of willie brown and charles woodson. having my son's first name as his sirname also helps to convert my boy to be a raider fan :)

watson has an impressive life story and cannot have a better background to be a OT as an ex-boxer and basketball player for understanding spacing and footwork.

I loved Sio's interview. he is full of swagger and confidence. check out this audio

https://soundcloud.com/siriusxmsports/s ... -nfl-radio

i would like to see us draft DT williams out of bama or a DE like Okafor in the 4th, avoid all QBs in this year's draft and pickup depth in remaining 4 picks thereafter. but honestly, i will trust whomever reggie thinks will help us the most regardless of what i think.
ehhhhh f it.
BayAreaMadSkill
Junior
And1: 31

Post#17 » by BayAreaMadSkill » Sat Apr 27, 2013 5:35 am

We could have had Hayden later than #12, but I still like the pick. We needed serious help at the CB position, and this guy has all of the ability in the world. The injury was a fluke and I honestly don't see it coming into play. That's the optimist in me speaking, so we will see.

We nailed our second and third round picks. Two guys who can be more than solid starters in this league in a few years.

Reggie making me proud.
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#18 » by FNQ » Sat Apr 27, 2013 7:03 am

I may be in the minority, but I think Reggie is botching this draft. Lines are where the game is won, and we have a terrible defensive line right now, and have watched some serious talent go right by us. I'm not a fan of any CB taken in the 1st round unless you are already a playoff team looking to find a HR talent. But starting a rebuild with a CB? To make it worth it, the guy has to be AwesomeWah quality, and even then, we had AwesomeWah for a long time on crappy teams. Just avoid who he's guarding, and he's a non-impact.

Then we draft a raw 25 y/o T... and pair it up with a LB, who I admittedly dont know much about, but I do know there were 2 high quality DTs on the board (Jesse Williams and DaMontre) and we let them go by in round 3. In Round 2, we let the Giants take Big Hank, who should have been a 1st rounder.

Ugh. I dont think anyone we've drafted is really bad, but I think our draft philosophy sucks. One lineman so far... I'm extremely disappointed in Reggie.
Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#19 » by Quake Griffin » Sat Apr 27, 2013 3:00 pm

i got 10 bucks that says Allen convinces reggie to sign Sedrick Ellis
Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#20 » by Quake Griffin » Sat Apr 27, 2013 5:01 pm

wanted to stay away from a QB.

apparently we wanted Barkley.
dunno how to feel about Tyler Wilson as a pick even though i think he can be good.

welp....we have competition at the QB position

Return to Las Vegas Raiders