TP just maybe our QB of the future

Moderator: HMFFL

Quake Griffin
RealGM
And1: 4,640

Re: TP just maybe our QB of the future 

Post#21 » by Quake Griffin » Wed Dec 25, 2013 11:44 pm

oh, i like Reggie.
i don't think i can say any of his moves have "Failed" as they stand now.

if he's implementing the GB model...then I'm going to be more patient.
i always expected this to take 3-5 years.
“I’ve always felt that drafting is the life blood of any organization.” - Jerome Alan West.
Neddy
RealGM
And1: 3,908

Post#22 » by Neddy » Sat Dec 28, 2013 8:17 am

well trading a 5th round pick for matt flynn just to cut him short after seems pretty much a closed case of "Fail" to me.
i guess we can argue that Hayden's career is still very much unknown as Namddi took 3 years to develop as a corner too. but so far he hasn't shown anything. Tyler Wilson was cut from the team multiple times and safely made it back to the practice squad without a team that wanted to claim him. Menelik Watson is a second round project. Miles Burris didn't get to play much this season after mixed reviews of last season's performance. I am still waiting for Juron Criner to do something with his physical tools. David Bass was a 7th rounder so i am not mad that he was cut, but his high picks so far hasn't done nearly as much as his undrafted camp bodies that beat out the draftees. Matt McGloin, Rod Streater, in some ways Andre Holmes even though he wasn't a rookie, have outperformed their drafted counterparts.

btw chucky rumors are spreading like a wild fire.
ehhhhh f it.
Neddy
RealGM

Post#23 » by Neddy » Sat Dec 28, 2013 10:51 pm

anywho... TP is gonna have his start tomorrow. i hope he tears it up. i don't think he was given enough chance to succeed this season, and i believe we would have one at least a game or two more if TP stayed on as a starter instead of TP to Flynn to TP to McG to TPandMcg together back to TP hoopla. Allen handled the QB position this year no better than the yesteryears when it was a revolving door for years... wait.... it still is.
ehhhhh f it.
Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#24 » by Quake Griffin » Mon Dec 30, 2013 7:01 am

can't watch the game.
im in chicago...enjoyed Pack v. Bears though.

well....we have the 5th pick.
and I'm interested in what Reggie can do with it.

we have needs man...needs needs needs.
but i like this draft.
i wonder if we can trade and get more picks...like in the 2nd round.
“I’ve always felt that drafting is the life blood of any organization.” - Jerome Alan West.
Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#25 » by Quake Griffin » Mon Dec 30, 2013 7:01 am

oh and Allen has to go.

I want David Shaw.
put the bread up!
Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#26 » by Quake Griffin » Mon Dec 30, 2013 6:52 pm

btw.

would you take a look at Jay Cutler or Jimmy Graham?
i know the world hates Cutler but the guy is better than anything we have.
Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#27 » by Quake Griffin » Tue Dec 31, 2013 3:11 pm

i can't believe we haven't fired Dennis Allen.

part of me thinks the only reason we're doing this is to stop the revolving door of coaches we've had over the last 10 years.
Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#28 » by Quake Griffin » Thu Jan 2, 2014 5:25 am

dammit Ned.

where are you?
what do you think of the Blake Bortles kid?
6'4" 230.
big arm.
can run it a little bit.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ayD9_uCz4K0[/youtube]
GoRapstheoriginal
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,758

Post#29 » by GoRapstheoriginal » Thu Jan 2, 2014 5:49 pm

I don't watch any NCAA football so can't help much there. As much as it pains me, I guess we should give Dennis another shot, for the reasons you said though. Just to have some continuity, ugh! We need massive improvement in all 3 phases of the team. It's just so damn frustrating. An Oline to protect the QB, & get a above average QB for goodness sakes!. A pass rush that can consistently rush the QB on all 3 downs! More run D as well! Anywhoo.
Wait & see I guess..again! :\
Neddy
RealGM

Post#30 » by Neddy » Fri Jan 3, 2014 9:29 am

sorry man i've been drunk most of the time between the christmas and the new years. hey it's holidays.

i dunno man. bortles looks good and he does remind me of big ben, but do we really need another rookie quarterback who needs a few years of grooming? besides, i see teddy going #1, and bortles gone by 3rd pick. if we must pick a QB, it's gonna be between Johnny Football and Brett Hundley and i don't like neither.

i think we should build our defense first, pick up a WR who can be a #1 option in first 3 rounds, and pick up a kicker and let Tuna go. we can use that salary for much more important positions. i want one of Clowney, Barr, or Mack. there will be QBs available in later rounds like fales, although i would rather keep the 2 headed competition going between Pryor and MM. hell, i would even consider jake matthews and try to move manelik watson to a guard position.

a single QB cannot change this franchise, we have too many needs. we were the worst team in NFL in terms of keeping a lead, so defense is obviously a major need. we are paying around 4 million a year to a kicker. if shane lechler is replaceable with a cheap contract, so is Jano.

I wouldn't mind if reggie picks up Sammy Watkins. we can use a #1 go to option at WRs. Streater is a nice #2, Moore, Holmes, and Ford are all great slot options.
ehhhhh f it.
Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#31 » by Quake Griffin » Fri Jan 3, 2014 3:48 pm

i like how Bortles looks man. Good size. Good arm. great feet in the pocket. More of your traditional QB, i know, so I'm not saying that much...but he's also accurate. He has the arm the drive the ball down the seems.

i do want to build our defense btw...which is why i kinda want to trade and get another pick out of this draft...with that said.
I like Clowney tbh...but I just need some evidence that he wont quit on us or take plays off on the pro-level. At the slot your drafting him, you're drafting him to become the best pass rusher in the game.

if we go with a defensive player, I like Anthony Barr....I have him excelling at all facets of the game and going dow as a perennial pro-bowler/near HOF talent if he can stay healthy.

Return to Las Vegas Raiders