Maurice Jones-Drew Signs for 3 years

Moderator: HMFFL

HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 8,008

Maurice Jones-Drew Signs for 3 years 

Post#1 » by HMFFL » Fri Mar 28, 2014 4:51 pm

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports the Raiders are "expected to agree later today" on a three-year contract with free agent Maurice Jones-Drew.
Schefter cautions that a deal is "still not final," but this story has since been confirmed by CSN Bay Area's Scott Bair and NFL Network's Albert Breer. Although it'll be a "three-year" contract on the surface, the Raiders have been structuring deals to essentially make them one-year commitments. Jones-Drew turned 29 last weekend, and may not have three years left in the tank.
Source: Adam Schefter on Twitter
Neddy
RealGM
And1: 3,908

Re: Maurice Jones-Drew Signs for 3 years 

Post#2 » by Neddy » Sat Mar 29, 2014 7:18 pm

good news. now we have 1 fragile but familiar back with still untapped potential in DMC, a proven back with durability that can carry the weight in MJD, and a young power back with lots of mileage to go in Murray, and my personal favorite who is currently a star special teamer and a converted CB, but a stud college RB in Taiwan Jones. meanwhile, Reese can still carry a few here and there too.

i see about 18 carries a game for MJD, 12 for DMC and when one of them is injured, Murray taking the backup role while keeping Jones as an emergency backup.

i like the OL that is shaping up as of late too,

Penn - Barnes - Wiz - Howard - Menelik as starters and Boothe, Brisiel, Bergstrom and Nix coming off the bench can be a dominating run blocking front line.

i fully expect DMC to play through some injuries to raise his FA value up and both DMC and MJD to play with some chip on their shoulders with this OL.
ehhhhh f it.
Neddy
RealGM

Post#3 » by Neddy » Sat Mar 29, 2014 7:53 pm

oh and i forgot about Kory Sheets the CFL MVP, and Jeremy Stewart the extra body. we have backs on top of backs this upcoming season. good job by Reggie. i like what our GM is doing.
ehhhhh f it.
SmashMouthRod
Rookie
And1: 210

Post#4 » by SmashMouthRod » Thu May 29, 2014 1:11 pm

What do you guys think about Dennis Allen saying that he may return punts this season? I personally dont think its a great idea to use Jones-Drew on punts.
Neddy
RealGM

Post#5 » by Neddy » Sun Jun 1, 2014 9:25 pm

SmashMouthRod wrote:What do you guys think about Dennis Allen saying that he may return punts this season? I personally dont think its a great idea to use Jones-Drew on punts.

it potentially signals giving the starting job to Run DMC over Jones-Drew.
ehhhhh f it.

Return to Las Vegas Raiders