Neddy
RealGM
And1: 3,908

2014 DRAFT 

Post#1 » by Neddy » Fri May 9, 2014 5:05 am

round 1 : Khalil Mack LB

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2014/profiles/ ... id=2543463

DRAFT PROJECTION Round 1 (top 10)
BOTTOM LINE A havoc-wreaking rush linebacker with the burst and acceleration to excel as a right defensive end in a "40" front, Mack has demonstrated the instincts, toughness, athletic ability and explosive power to line up at any linebacker position in an even or odd front and factor readily. Is a four-year starter who made an immediate impact upon his arrival and is well primed for the NFL game. Looks every bit the part, comes from a humble, grounded family and offers the full package to become an impact performer in the pros.

round 2 : Derek Carr QB

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/play ... derek-carr

STRENGTHS: NFL-caliber arm strength to sling the ball all over the field, with the ability to throw the deep fade and fire passes into tight windows. Shows the ability to square his shoulders and fire passes with velocity and accuracy. Demonstrates a combination of arm strength, accuracy and underrated athleticism. Astute ability to read coverages and recognize pressure at the line of scrimmage with several pre-snap adjustments based on obvious film study.
Perhaps the most underrated element of Carr's game is his athleticism. Good vision, lateral agility and speed to elude. Typically keeps his eyes downfield and completes passes when receivers are able to break open late, but also shows the decisiveness to scramble when easy yards are available.

round #3 : Gabe Jackson OG

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/play ... be-jackson

STRENGTHS: Demonstrates not only the raw power expected of a man of his size but also surprisingly nimble feet and balance while in pass protection, to mirror quick rushers. Jackson plays with excellent knee bend and has long arms, which help him stay square and in control of his opponent in pass pro. He's a powerful drive blocker who uses his natural leverage advantage well, showing good leg drive to push defenders off the ball. Despite his girth, Jackson shows good lateral agility and balance to find fits at the second level. Defenders are seldom able to disengage once Jackson locks in. Is not satisfied with simply occupying space, and prides himself on pancaking and rag-doll'ing opponents. Does a nice job of absorbing the bull rush with his lower half, and rarely surrenders more than a step or two before resetting and anchoring. Comes off the snap quickly and gets up to speed quickly when asked to pull

round #4 (107) : Justin Ellis DT

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/play ... stin-ellis

STRENGTHS: Large, wide body and carries his weight well. Long arms for his frame and extends well, using his active hands to work off blocks. Has really improved in this area, bullying with heavy hands. Explosive off the ball and a quick thinker, reacting well to what the blockers want to do. Attacks with pure momentum, not afraid to use a spin move, making it tough for blockers to latch on.
Load to handle. Good pocket vision and awareness to track and crash down on the ball or chase the ballcarrier outside. Anchors well at the point of attack and has a stout build. Nice job getting his paw up to swat the ball out of the air. Nonstop motor and ferocious demeanor.

Try-hard type who gets the most out of his ability. Versatile experience, lining up at various inside positions in college.

round #4 (116) : Keith McGill CB

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/play ... ith-mcgill

STRENGTHS: Tall, well-proportioned athlete with intriguing fluidity and straight-line speed. Frequently asked to play press in Utah's scheme and displays the balance, agility and acceleration to perform well in this role at the next level.
Alert defender who plays the ball well, using his height, leaping ability and long arms to bat away passes. Baits quarterbacks into throwing underneath routes and shows an explosive downhill burst to close. Generally effective open-field tackler with the long arms to wrap securely.

Signed with Utah as a JUCO All-American free safety at Cerritos College and logged five starts in this role for the Utes in 2011. Has the length, instincts and athleticism to project nicely in the NFL. Served as the gunner on kick coverage and handled outside duties on punt returns.

round #7 (219) : Travis (TJ) Carrie CB

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2014/profiles/ ... id=2543838

STRENGTHS Outstanding size -- looks the part of an NFL defensive back with a sculpted physique. Equipped to jam. Has speed to carry receivers vertically. Good zone awareness and ball reactions. Good hands to intercept. Sets the edge in run support. Smart and instinctive. Confident and competitive. Was a productive punt returner and has worked as a gunner.

round #7 (235) : Shelby Harris DE

http://recruiting.scout.com/a.z?s=73&p= ... id=3613336

round #7 (247) : Jonathan Dowling S

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2014/profiles/ ... id=2543685

STRENGTHS Has a rangy frame with room for added bulk. Excellent height and long arms to contend in the air and play the pocket. Good hands to snatch interceptions. Nice linear fluidity. Covers ground with long strides -- rangy off the hash to get over the top. Flashes striking ability when his shoulder blows connect. Playmaking ability -- 9 INTs and 8 FFs in last two seasons. Has special-teams experience covering kicks.
ehhhhh f it.
azncorruptedo17
Starter
And1: 222

Re: 2014 DRAFT 

Post#2 » by azncorruptedo17 » Fri May 9, 2014 3:12 pm

wooooo i am really happy with the pick. I hope our def front will be good for a while ! keep this dude a raider!
Clipper fan since '95!!
Neddy
RealGM

Post#3 » by Neddy » Fri May 9, 2014 7:48 pm

for the second round, I like Marqies Lee, Carlos Hyde, Derek Carr, Ra'Shede Hageman, and Louis Nix III. glad we will have a chance to take at least one of the five, with our 5th pick...

if we are not getting one of these guys, i sure hope we trade down for more picks.
ehhhhh f it.
Neddy
RealGM

Post#4 » by Neddy » Fri May 9, 2014 8:03 pm

I hope this guy slides past the second, but i like Westen Richburg too. he can allow the WizKid to his uncles old position at LG and have a center who doesn't lose much at all from WIz.

Penn-Wiz-Wes can really push people around on run plays.
ehhhhh f it.
Quake Griffin
RealGM
And1: 4,640

Post#5 » by Quake Griffin » Fri May 9, 2014 8:18 pm

Neddy wrote:for the second round, I like Marqies Lee, Carlos Hyde, Derek Carr, Ra'Shede Hageman, and Louis Nix III. glad we will have a chance to take at least one of the five, with our 5th pick...

if we are not getting one of these guys, i sure hope we trade down for more picks.

We need so much help at the interior tackle positions.

Hage or Nix
Hage is a phenomenal athlete though....id take a risk on him with our 2nd round pick.
“I’ve always felt that drafting is the life blood of any organization.” - Jerome Alan West.
Dilly
Junior
And1: 73

Post#6 » by Dilly » Fri May 9, 2014 8:44 pm

Marquise Lee we need that explosive receiver now leeggooo
Dilly
Junior

Post#7 » by Dilly » Fri May 9, 2014 8:45 pm

And how are all you guys Clipp fans but not Lakes?
azncorruptedo17
Starter

Post#8 » by azncorruptedo17 » Fri May 9, 2014 8:50 pm

Dilly wrote:And how are all you guys Clipp fans but not Lakes?

o.O why aren't you an sc fan?
Clipper fan since '95!!
Dilly
Junior

Post#9 » by Dilly » Fri May 9, 2014 8:54 pm

azncorruptedo17 wrote:

Bcuz I love the Bruins history and prestige of winning just like the Lakes. The Clipps don't possess none of that
Neddy
RealGM

Post#10 » by Neddy » Fri May 9, 2014 9:05 pm

Quake Griffin wrote:
Neddy wrote:for the second round, I like Marqies Lee, Carlos Hyde, Derek Carr, Ra'Shede Hageman, and Louis Nix III. glad we will have a chance to take at least one of the five, with our 5th pick...

Hage or Nix
Hage is a phenomenal athlete though....id take a risk on him with our 2nd round pick.

I agree about needing a interior tackle. but the other guys are mentions just because i feel they are 3 of the 5 best available.

my personal favorite actually is Nix. he can convert us into a fearsome 3-4
ehhhhh f it.
Neddy
RealGM

Post#11 » by Neddy » Fri May 9, 2014 9:06 pm

F U C K the flakers.

that is why.

thank you.
ehhhhh f it.
Neddy
RealGM

Post#12 » by Neddy » Fri May 9, 2014 9:07 pm

Dilly wrote:
azncorruptedo17 wrote:

Bcuz I love the Bruins history and prestige of winning just like the Lakes. The Clipps don't possess none of that

you mean, you cheer for a college team that you did not actually attend?

GO CAL!
ehhhhh f it.
Dilly
Junior

Post#13 » by Dilly » Fri May 9, 2014 9:11 pm

Neddy wrote:
Dilly wrote:
azncorruptedo17 wrote:

GO CAL!

Lol yea I didn't attend but I love their program. It's about winning the national ship to them. And just become Lake fans I know you ALL are from the LA area
Quake Griffin
RealGM
And1: 4,640

Post#14 » by Quake Griffin » Fri May 9, 2014 9:12 pm

Neddy wrote:
Quake Griffin wrote:

Hage or Nix

I agree about needing a interior tackle. but the other guys are mentions just because i feel they are 3 of the 5 best available.

you think we're big enough on at the end positions to do that?

if we were gonna do that, I'da rather kept Lamar.
“I’ve always felt that drafting is the life blood of any organization.” - Jerome Alan West.
Neddy
RealGM

Post#15 » by Neddy » Fri May 9, 2014 9:13 pm

Dilly wrote:
Neddy wrote:
Dilly wrote:Bcuz I love the Bruins history and prestige of winning just like the Lakes. The Clipps don't possess none of that

GO CAL!

Lol yea I didn't attend but I love their program. It's about winning the national ship to them. And just become Lake fans I know you ALL are from the LA area

currently? NOPE.

I grew up in LA, used to work near the LA sports arena and became a clippers fan way back when Doc was actually playing for us. never was a laker fan, since I could not afford their tickets unlike the clips. currently reside in Oregon and attended UCSF, the medical campus for Cal.
ehhhhh f it.
Neddy
RealGM

Post#16 » by Neddy » Fri May 9, 2014 9:17 pm

Quake Griffin wrote:
Neddy wrote:
Quake Griffin wrote:We need so much help at the interior tackle positions.

Hage or Nix

you think we're big enough on at the end positions to do that?

if we were gonna do that, I'da rather kept Lamar.

you don't think so?

Tuck - Nix - Antonio Smith with Magee and Sims as rotational players, with

Mack - Roach - Burnett - Moore with Maiavia subbing in?

I would love to see Nix taking up space and Mack - Tuck - Smith - Sio on the DE/OLB edge
ehhhhh f it.
Dilly
Junior

Post#17 » by Dilly » Fri May 9, 2014 9:19 pm

Neddy wrote:
Dilly wrote:
Neddy wrote:

GO CAL!

currently? NOPE.

I grew up in LA, used to work near the LA sports arena and became a clippers fan way back when Doc was actually playing for us. never was a laker fan, since I could not afford their tickets unlike the clips. currently reside in Oregon and attended UCSF, the medical campus for Cal.

Ok so grew up here that counts for a lot. But you didn't have to afford the ticks just watch them on TV. Ok so ur a Cal Bear fan 2 I see...so when you were growing up in LA you just waited to go against the grian and root against the best LA team Shame on U lol
azncorruptedo17
Starter

Post#18 » by azncorruptedo17 » Fri May 9, 2014 9:21 pm

i miss zach miller ... lol need a TE with his blocking skills and hands...
Clipper fan since '95!!
Neddy
RealGM

Post#19 » by Neddy » Fri May 9, 2014 9:21 pm

Dilly wrote:
Neddy wrote:
Dilly wrote:Lol yea I didn't attend but I love their program. It's about winning the national ship to them. And just become Lake fans I know you ALL are from the LA area

currently? NOPE.

Ok so grew up here that counts for a lot. But you didn't have to afford the ticks just watch them on TV. Ok so ur a Cal Bear fan 2 I see...so when you were growing up in LA you just waited to go against the grian and root against the best LA team Shame on U lol

I frankly do not understand

#1 to question why people become fans of whatever the team they cheer for
#2 the mentality of the people who actually cheer for teams that you cannot afford the tickets of the teams whom intentionally out-price your socioeconomic class or schools you did not attend.
#3 the idea of cheering for the most successful team just because they are.

although i do understand that people without success in their personal lives tend to like something else that are to identify themselves with.

PS- and BTW how is that TV watching coming along for ya? do you watch your Lakers or the Dodgers for that matter, on TV? if you are not getting the Dodgers, with your logic, how can you be a fan?
not trying to give you crap, but you did rub us the wrong way with questioning our clipper nation's pride.
ehhhhh f it.
Neddy
RealGM

Post#20 » by Neddy » Fri May 9, 2014 9:25 pm

azncorruptedo17 wrote:i miss zach miller ... lol need a TE with his blocking skills and hands...

him being a failure in Seattle tells me that he is just another Nnamdi. another raider who was overrated here that are actually nowhere near in reality.
I don't miss him at all. I think Kasa will be a very good blocking TE and Rivera will become a very good receiving TE that Rickey Dudley was supposed to be.
ehhhhh f it.

Return to Las Vegas Raiders