it's only preseason, but...

Moderator: HMFFL

Neddy
RealGM
And1: 3,908

it's only preseason, but... 

Post#1 » by Neddy » Mon Aug 18, 2014 12:44 am

... we are not looking good, brothers.

I know it takes time to gel, and this group of guys are getting to know each other, and we are not supposed to show our game plan in preseason to avoid exposure leading up to the real season and yada yada yada, but we truly do not look one bit good at all. our first stringers only have our RBs as our bright spot. our WRs seem to drop everything, our cornerbacks can't stop anyone, and our linemen cannot get through, or get a block consistently on anyone.

i hate to say it, but we are obviously in a rebuilding year and signing all these vets will not save Reggie's job. I like Reggie and I believe in what he is doing, but i do believe he made the wrong hire in Dennis Allen and he made a panic move signing old vets who won't be around when we actually have a chance to do something positive.

just my 2 cents and you guys can call it a knee jerk move if you will, but I am not very confident that we can even win 6 games with our tough schedule. i can see us breaking .500 if we keep everything in tact, but I am afraid the clock is running out on Reggie and the new hire will make drastic moves once again and set us back another 4-5 years.
ehhhhh f it.
Neddy
RealGM

Re: it's only preseason, but... 

Post#2 » by Neddy » Wed Aug 27, 2014 4:23 am

it seems nobody ever posts around here, but damn it Im gonna say it.

we are going to win less games this year than the last. I think this is the demise of Dennis Allen, Reggie McKenzie (whom I actually think did a great job other than this year's free agency where he made some desperation moves to keep his job rather than for the rebuilding), and Matt Schaub.

in the end, I think McGroin will get another chance and actually prove to be ahead of David Carr and still end up losing his job to the next head coach's preference of the big arm of Carr.

we may end up with the #1 overall pick, which could potentially be wasted on a QB by the new GM.

I sure hope we get out of the hole we got ourselves into in last 10 years, but i don't see the light as of now.
ehhhhh f it.
number1joker
Banned User
And1: 218

Post#3 » by number1joker » Thu Aug 28, 2014 7:09 am

its probably gonna be a long season ) :
GoRapstheoriginal
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,759

Post#4 » by GoRapstheoriginal » Thu Aug 28, 2014 6:29 pm

^^ What he said. I am trying to naively be optimistic but...Sigh :(
GoRapstheoriginal
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,759

Post#5 » by GoRapstheoriginal » Mon Sep 1, 2014 11:30 pm

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11449 ... uarterback

Crazy cray. Hope it works out for us! REALLY HOPING AND PRAYING!! >><<! Sigh :(!
Neddy
RealGM

Post#6 » by Neddy » Tue Sep 2, 2014 1:28 am

it must be the name. matt schaub just pulled his best imitation of matt flynn. i sure hope derek carr's season pans out better than it has for that other guy who started for us last season...
ehhhhh f it.

Return to Las Vegas Raiders