OT: Raiders least desirable team to play for

Moderator: HMFFL

Twinkie defense
RealGM
And1: 1,082

Re: OT: Raiders least desirable team to play for 

Post#1821 » by Twinkie defense » Thu Apr 2, 2015 8:28 pm

After game 1:
Twinkie defense wrote:The team just has nothing to hat its hat on right now - can't run, can't stop the run, can't stop the pass... I thought they might be able to throw the long ball but that was not the case yesterday. Maybe the goal was simply mistake-free football. Ideally on offense we could run the ball and then use the play action to throw some bombs, but you have to be able to run the ball for play action to work.

On defense, couldn't get any pressure on the young, mistake-prone Jets QB - that would have been my primary defensive goal, give Geno Smith the shakes.

If the Raiders can't beat the Jets IDK where they are going to find winnable games on the schedule. Which equals another 4-win season. Which equals another tear down and restart. Maybe in three more seasons we can field a winner :/

After game 2:
Twinkie defense wrote:I think five or six wins is too many. After seeing the first two games I have them starting 0-6 - I don't see them beating the Chargers, or anyone in London. If we can't beat the Jets or Texans at home (and both those teams manhandled the Raiders) it's going to be a long season, and the schedule doesn't get any easier from here.

Even the Browns look better than the Raiders this season. Bills look much improved. Last season we won four; this season does the team look any better, except at QB? And the schedule is harder, with the NFC West and a home game in London. I suppose I am counting on a split with the Chiefs, and that will be our only AFC West win (1-5 in the Division). And maybe beat the Rams on the road. That's 2-14 and really I don't see a lot of room to add to that unless something drastic happens.
Neddy
RealGM
And1: 3,908

Post#1822 » by Neddy » Thu Apr 2, 2015 8:37 pm

meh.

I knew going into the last season, after looking at the schedule prior to signing up for my directv package for NFL, that we may face 0-16 season.

I do understand this is not what you guys are feuding over, but I am happy with 3 wins. it was unexpected, at least to me.

this up coming season, i can see us winning 6. if we get there or do better, I would be elated.
ehhhhh f it.
RoyalMajesty
Banned User
And1: 1,278

Post#1823 » by RoyalMajesty » Thu Apr 2, 2015 9:42 pm

FireNellieQuick wrote:I said from the jump that Antonio Smith was a situational pass rusher. What I didn't see then was JDR going back to his double NT roots. Smith remains a quality situational DT.. Thats why he generated interest immediately.

Btw, Cameron Jordan is a defensive end, 5 tech. What does that have to do with Stacy McGee? If you dont understand something about football, feel free to not comment on it. McGee has potential to be a 3 down starter. As a rookie he was a + against the run and pressuring the pocket in limited snaps. He has the same physical profile (and character concerns) as Tommy Kelly did. Nothing wrong with liking a player like that if you're paying attention

Preston Smith is going in 1st or 2nd round. Golden in 3-4, Harrison in 3-4.

Cameron Jordan is a 3-4 DE. We play a 4-3 defense. Get with the program.
RoyalMajesty
Banned User

Post#1824 » by RoyalMajesty » Thu Apr 2, 2015 9:53 pm

Now, if we move to a 3-4 defense and get Cameron Jordan, this would be a scary defense:

LDE=Leonard Williams (1st Round) & Stacy McGee
NT=Justin Ellis & Dan Williams
RDE=Cameron Jordan (a 3rd Rounder Enough for the Saints?) & C.J. Wilson

OLB=Justin Tuck & Benson Mayowa
ILB=Sio Moore & Ray-Ray Armstrong
ILB=Curtis Lofton & Malcolm Smith
OLB=Khalil Mack & Miles Burris

CB #1=D.J. Hayden
CB #2=Marcus Peters (2nd Round)
CB #3=T.J. Carrie
CB #4=James Dockery
CB #5=Keith McGill
CB #6=Taiwan Jones

SS=Nate Allen & Sam Carter (7th Round)
FS=Charles Woodson & Brandian Ross

We have some fixing to do with the LB unit, but that D-Line looks NASTY!
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,006

Post#1825 » by FNQ » Thu Apr 2, 2015 9:54 pm

RoyalMajesty wrote:
FireNellieQuick wrote:I said from the jump that Antonio Smith was a situational pass rusher. What I didn't see then was JDR going back to his double NT roots. Smith remains a quality situational DT.. Thats why he generated interest immediately.

Btw, Cameron Jordan is a defensive end, 5 tech. What does that have to do with Stacy McGee? If you dont understand something about football, feel free to not comment on it. McGee has potential to be a 3 down starter. As a rookie he was a + against the run and pressuring the pocket in limited snaps. He has the same physical profile (and character concerns) as Tommy Kelly did. Nothing wrong with liking a player like that if you're paying attention

Converted 4-3 DE that CAN play 3-4 DE. smh I was a medical trainer at Cal when he went there.

He played one year of 3-4 D at Cal. He is a prototype base LE in a 4-3.
RoyalMajesty
Banned User

Post#1826 » by RoyalMajesty » Thu Apr 2, 2015 10:05 pm

FireNellieQuick wrote:
RoyalMajesty wrote:

Converted 4-3 DE that CAN play 3-4 DE. smh I was a medical trainer at Cal when he went there.

He played one year of 3-4 D at Cal. He is a prototype base LE in a 4-3.

Yea you go ahead and shake your damn head Mr. Know It All. Plus, don't we have Justin Tuck playing LDE in a 4-3 defense unless we cut him and pretty much say, "yea, our 2014 offseason was embarrassing!" He played 3-4 DE at Cal, 3-4 DE in 2013 when he produced 12.5 sacks, 3-4 DE in 2014 when he produced 7.5 sacks, and is more suited for a 3-4 defense. He's more suited for a 3-4 defense. A D-Line of Leonard Williams, Justin Ellis, and Cameron Jordan with Dan Williams, C.J. Wilson, and your overhyped guy Stacy McGee is downright scary.
Neddy
RealGM

Post#1827 » by Neddy » Thu Apr 2, 2015 10:16 pm

sounds like you two have some personal issues rather than discussing football.
ehhhhh f it.
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1828 » by FNQ » Thu Apr 2, 2015 10:17 pm

That's great.

He is a prototypical 4-3, played that position up until his senior year, and was a beast at it. I really don't care where you put Tuck if you get a star LE like Cameron. If you get a long-term upgrade, you take it. Your argument is to not do it because it would make last offseason look worse? :banghead:

If you have a line of Jordan-Jelly-Dan-Mack, you are looking at one of the most dominant run-defending front 4s in the league, and aren't asking anyone to learn a new position. You draft an SLB behind Mack as a situational pass-rusher, and make sure you have RE depth. Now you have + run defense and + pass rush, and it only costs you a 2nd. Because there's no way in hell Cameron Jordan is traded for a 3rd.

It beats the hell out of putting Tuck at backer and Moore on the inside. Our defense is tailored to be a 4-3, barring us drafting a legitimate 3-4 RE and ILB.
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1829 » by FNQ » Thu Apr 2, 2015 10:25 pm

Neddy wrote:sounds like you two have some personal issues rather than discussing football.

I talk football until he becomes too belligerent and doesn't type anything about football. At that point, its back to ignore for a timeout

I'm Italian, I don't mind yelling, insults, whatever. Warriors board is rife with it. As long as there's some content about the Raiders, I'll respond. When its blatant lying, not knowing players' proto-positions, or drafting players about 2-3 rounds after they are projected, I'm happy to correct it. And he keeps me pretty busy.. :lol:
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1830 » by FNQ » Thu Apr 2, 2015 10:29 pm

Expounding on a 4-3 front:

Mack played 54% of his snaps with his hand in the dirt, 68% after Sparano took over. His impact on the pass rush was much more noticeable. Stands to reason that if we want Mack to be a run-stopper, you keep him at his on-paper position of SLB. If you want him to be a guy who touches QBs, you put him at RE.

Or 3-4 OLB, but nothing we've done makes me think we're going that route. We've assembled a team built for 4-3 thus far. Maybe the draft changes that, but considering Del Rio loves a big 4-3 base D, I dunno where that would be coming from.
RoyalMajesty
Banned User

Post#1831 » by RoyalMajesty » Thu Apr 2, 2015 11:17 pm

FireNellieQuick wrote:
Neddy wrote:sounds like you two have some personal issues rather than discussing football.

I talk football until he becomes too belligerent and doesn't type anything about football. At that point, its back to ignore for a timeout

I'm Italian, I don't mind yelling, insults, whatever. Warriors board is rife with it. As long as there's some content about the Raiders, I'll respond. When its blatant lying, not knowing players' proto-positions, or drafting players about 2-3 rounds after they are projected, I'm happy to correct it. And he keeps me pretty busy.. :lol:

Sensitive Italian :lol:

Jordan played great football as a 3-4 DE at Cal and over the last few years with the Saints as a 3-4 DE. What's the point of having the Cal logo when you can't see he's better fitted as a 3-4 DE than a 4-3 DE? You got the Cal logo just to attract Cyber girls or something?
RoyalMajesty
Banned User

Post#1832 » by RoyalMajesty » Thu Apr 2, 2015 11:19 pm

FNQ just act like he knows everything like he got a great eye for talent. Not open to anybody's ideas.
RoyalMajesty
Banned User

Post#1833 » by RoyalMajesty » Thu Apr 2, 2015 11:28 pm

Anyways, Raiders signed J'Marcus Webb.

http://www.raiders.com/news/article-1/R ... 04f3bd9422
Devilzsidewalk
RealGM
And1: 5,943

Post#1834 » by Devilzsidewalk » Thu Apr 2, 2015 11:39 pm

Not the jamarcus I was hoping for :(
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1835 » by FNQ » Thu Apr 2, 2015 11:43 pm

Ya know, I get that the two of you prefer to be a pain about it and post only in one thread, but it'd be considerate of you guys to separate stuff like this into other threads. Point of a forum is to generate people coming here, instead of the same 5 people over and over. Just a thought, unless you prefer only talking to 5 people. In which case, I'll take the compliment.. but just know that it's not helping this place become more active when only one thread is moving.
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1836 » by FNQ » Thu Apr 2, 2015 11:44 pm

Devilzsidewalk wrote:Not the jamarcus I was hoping for :(

This one unbelievably weighs less
Neddy
RealGM

Post#1837 » by Neddy » Fri Apr 3, 2015 1:25 am

FireNellieQuick wrote:Ya know, I get that the two of you prefer to be a pain about it and post only in one thread, but it'd be considerate of you guys to separate stuff like this into other threads. Point of a forum is to generate people coming here, instead of the same 5 people over and over. Just a thought, unless you prefer only talking to 5 people. In which case, I'll take the compliment.. but just know that it's not helping this place become more active when only one thread is moving.

well, talking among themselves seems to be a trend for NorCal fans of NL baseball.

just saying.
ehhhhh f it.
Twinkie defense
RealGM

Post#1838 » by Twinkie defense » Fri Apr 3, 2015 8:24 pm

Crabtree in for a visit. Do Not Want.

The Raiders need help at wideout, but Crabtree doesn't offer much help. He's been slowed by a rash of lower-leg injuries and figures as little more than a possession-type receiver heading into his seventh season.

Crabtree entered free agency hoping for roughly $9 million per year, but that will never happen. He'll find a new home soon enough, but a 53-man roster spot is no guarantee.

Yikes!
RoyalMajesty
Banned User

Post#1839 » by RoyalMajesty » Fri Apr 3, 2015 11:21 pm

Twinkie defense wrote:Crabtree in for a visit. Do Not Want.

The Raiders need help at wideout, but Crabtree doesn't offer much help. He's been slowed by a rash of lower-leg injuries and figures as little more than a possession-type receiver heading into his seventh season.

Crabtree entered free agency hoping for roughly $9 million per year, but that will never happen. He'll find a new home soon enough, but a 53-man roster spot is no guarantee.

Yikes!

He must be dreaming because no team is going to offer him $9 mil per year. At this point, he should just think about accepting a one year contract before all the teams fill their WR roster up.
Twinkie defense
RealGM

Post#1840 » by Twinkie defense » Fri Apr 3, 2015 11:31 pm

FireNellieQuick wrote:Ya know, I get that the two of you prefer to be a pain about it and post only in one thread, but it'd be considerate of you guys to separate stuff like this into other threads. Point of a forum is to generate people coming here, instead of the same 5 people over and over. Just a thought, unless you prefer only talking to 5 people. In which case, I'll take the compliment.. but just know that it's not helping this place become more active when only one thread is moving.

Not trying to be a pain, but do more than five people even come to the Raiders Forum? Look at the early parts of this thread, there were a lot more people contributing and taking a part in the conversation when this was part of the Warriors forum. I have seen some basketball team forums here where they have a single thread for all games. I'm not the administrator here but it seems like for a low-traffic forum maybe having a small number of threads would be better, rather than a bunch of threads with no activity. I think like many others who used to talk Raiders, I'm on the bubble of even coming here at all, it feels like going out of the way, when all of the other sports talking I'm doing is on the Warriors forum.

Return to Las Vegas Raiders