Moderator: HMFFL

Quake Griffin
RealGM
And1: 4,640

Re: Semi-official Oakland Raiders 2014/15 Reg.season game th 

Post#21 » by Quake Griffin » Sun Oct 12, 2014 7:47 pm

No Khalif Barnes today.

Let's see if Menelik sucks or not.
“I’ve always felt that drafting is the life blood of any organization.” - Jerome Alan West.
Neddy
RealGM
And1: 3,908

Post#22 » by Neddy » Sun Oct 12, 2014 9:44 pm

most competitive half ever for the last 10 games. i like what I'm seeing. we are throwing deep and running the ball up the gut.

it's ironic, isn't it? we get rid of all the Al Davis players(rightfully so to free up the cap) and ways, try something else for the last few years and suck endlessly. now we go back to Al Daivs style of football, we are competitive. we just might win this.
ehhhhh f it.
Neddy
RealGM

Post#23 » by Neddy » Sun Oct 12, 2014 10:06 pm

OMG we are winning by a TD and its already in the middle of 3rd Q. we might actually win a game this year.
ehhhhh f it.
Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#24 » by Quake Griffin » Sun Oct 12, 2014 10:37 pm

That Derek Carr might be alright eh?
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

stupid ass Dennis Allen not letting him do ANYTHING in the playbook clearly held him back.
looks like he has solid mechanics when not under duress, reasonably accurate and throws a beautiful ball.
“I’ve always felt that drafting is the life blood of any organization.” - Jerome Alan West.
Neddy
RealGM

Post#25 » by Neddy » Mon Oct 13, 2014 2:20 am

Quake Griffin wrote:That Derek Carr might be alright eh?
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

stupid ass Dennis Allen not letting him do ANYTHING in the playbook clearly held him back.
looks like he has solid mechanics when not under duress, reasonably accurate and throws a beautiful ball.

and we are still on track for that #1 pick overall, but I'm afraid we are actually gonna win a few games whereas the Jags looks like the prime candidate for that perfect season. oh well let them pick Marioti and we can do just fine with #2 picks in each round.
ehhhhh f it.
Neddy
RealGM

Post#26 » by Neddy » Mon Oct 13, 2014 2:23 am

more than anything, we are sorely lacking in WR department. 5 drops in the first half alone and other than James Jones we don't have guys who fights for the position. Andre Holmes did have a pair of nice catches but he did drop the most as well. we need to go for a big time receiver either via FA or the draft comes next season.
ehhhhh f it.
Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#27 » by Quake Griffin » Mon Oct 13, 2014 3:10 pm

i was sooo lucky that the game was on here in Wisconsin. So I got to see ALL the freakin drops by what some would call WRs and TEs. I call them dog ****.

A few notes.

1. Carr is FEARLESS and has the kind of attitude our team needs.

2. I don't know whether that fearlessness leads him to try and Brett Favre a few throws or if he's just a rookie that is learning about the closing speed and skill of NFL DBs. There were a few throws yesterday that I thought he forced in there (obviously the last one). I can't decide whether it's him being a rookie or the arrogance that his arm can make those plays for him.

3. I've said it before and I'll say it one more time. Reggie CANNOT afford to miss with the upcoming drafts. The cupboard is bare in Oakland and Reggie isn't a spendthrift kind of guy. Therefore, his picks over the next draft and the draft after that cannot be "projects" like Hayden or Menelik Watson.

He has to get out of his old ways and spend money. he likes to let players go and get compensation picks for them. There's just no skill players in Oakland. No good ones at least. We have to spend on someone. Suh looks like he's getting ready to leave Detroit in the offseason. BJ Raji can be the cheapest steal in the offseason.

I can see a world where we put Raji at NT and make Suh double between a 3-4 DE and a 4-3 interior tackle.
The lack of beef up front allows teams to double Khalil Mack. Mack IS explosive and once he gets some help up front, he's going to terrorize the league.
Neddy
RealGM

Post#28 » by Neddy » Tue Oct 14, 2014 2:05 am

we really need to go 3-4. we have the entire personnel for it except a NT.

tuck is a 3-4 DE
Woodley / Mack / Sio all i believe are 3-4 OLB
Antonio Smith i believe was also a 3-4 DE

frankly tuck / woodley /smith seems just a shadow of their former selves to me. I hope all of their deals are one year and if not, no cap hits when they don't make the team next year.
ehhhhh f it.
Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#29 » by Quake Griffin » Thu Oct 16, 2014 2:42 am

DJ Hayden was back at practice today after being on the PUP list.

srsly hope he puts it together and begins to contribute.
it could REALLY help our franchise to have not wasted that 1st round pick on him.
Neddy
RealGM

Post#30 » by Neddy » Mon Oct 20, 2014 4:11 am

well, a second game, a back to back competitive football. we made some progress and i think Sparano is a good coach, but damn we don't have enough talent.

I am starting to believe Reggie is on a very thin ice.

but i enjoyed the game even though i only caught it from the middle of 3rd Q
ehhhhh f it.
Neddy
RealGM

Post#31 » by Neddy » Sun Oct 26, 2014 9:06 pm

we might have a shot at winning this game in Cleveland. our running game is finally doing something positive.
ehhhhh f it.
Neddy
RealGM

Post#32 » by Neddy » Mon Oct 27, 2014 12:53 am

LOL i was wrong and now here comes the brutal part of our schedule. we will lose the next 6 games and will be 0 and 13.

its now all about securing that top pick and have reggie make some smart decisions to gain multiple picks down the line, preferably another first rounder in the future in a trade. I don't see Marcus Mariota as the franchise quarterback and Winston is another Jamarcus waiting to happen in terms of off the field stuff. we should trade the pick to a QB hungry team and rub them blind aka hershall walker deal or RG3 deal.

our holes i see

WR
run first OL
DL that can put pressure on the quarterback without a blitze
secondary that is worth a damn
TE that can block AND catch
a MLB
replace tuna. Janikowski is taking up too much salary cap and underperforming his salary.
better, durable RB

god we have so many holes lol
ehhhhh f it.
Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#33 » by Quake Griffin » Mon Oct 27, 2014 1:21 am

Neddy wrote:LOL i was wrong and now here comes the brutal part of our schedule. we will lose the next 6 games and will be 0 and 13.

its now all about securing that top pick and have reggie make some smart decisions to gain multiple picks down the line, preferably another first rounder in the future in a trade. I don't see Marcus Mariota as the franchise quarterback and Winston is another Jamarcus waiting to happen in terms of off the field stuff. we should trade the pick to a QB hungry team and rub them blind aka hershall walker deal or RG3 deal.

our holes i see

WR
run first OL
a MLB
replace tuna. Janikowski is taking up too much salary cap and underperforming his salary.
better, durable RB

we have to draft Mariota and trade him to get any value.

He's not a lock for the #1 pick so a team is better off dealing with the #3 or #4 team to get him.

depending on where the Andrus Peat kid might land in the draft, I'd trade down to that spot. give them our top pick and take back an extra 1st for next year and an extra 3rd or something like that.

but I just don't see Mariota having the value of an RG3 in this year's draft.
Neddy
RealGM

Post#34 » by Neddy » Mon Oct 27, 2014 2:04 am

Quake Griffin wrote:
Neddy wrote:LOL i was wrong and now here comes the brutal part of our schedule. we will lose the next 6 games and will be 0 and 13.

our holes i see

WR
run first OL
a MLB
better, durable RB

He's not a lock for the #1 pick so a team is better off dealing with the #3 or #4 team to get him.

depending on where the Andrus Peat kid might land in the draft, I'd trade down to that spot. give them our top pick and take back an extra 1st for next year and an extra 3rd or something like that.

hmm what if we draft Mariota and we can't find a suitor to trade him to with multiple picks? then we are stuck with a developing Carr with a year under his belt and a rook to compete for one position and still have depleted roster everywhere else. I would much rather trade the pick early or keep the pick to draft someone else that is a sure thing other than a QB.

yes that kid from stanford is good, from what i read. but there is also leonard williams and imo a DL is more important than OL of the same value. what about Amari Cooper? is it a heresy to pick a WR with #1 overall pick?
Im sure we can pick him later but only teams i see making a deal to move up for Marcus from Oregon are the Jags and the Rams among the top 5 or 7 picks. maybe teams like the jets, buccs, or the titans would be antsy and pull the trigger for multiple future first rounders for the Qb they want.
ehhhhh f it.
Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#35 » by Quake Griffin » Mon Oct 27, 2014 12:38 pm

Neddy wrote:
Quake Griffin wrote:

our holes i see

WR
run first OL
a MLB
better, durable RB

hmm what if we draft Mariota and we can't find a suitor to trade him to with multiple picks? then we are stuck with a developing Carr with a year under his belt and a rook to compete for one position and still have depleted roster everywhere else. I would much rather trade the pick early or keep the pick to draft someone else that is a sure thing other than a QB.

yes that kid from stanford is good, from what i read. but there is also leonard williams and imo a DL is more important than OL of the same value. what about Amari Cooper? is it a heresy to pick a WR with #1 overall pick?
Im sure we can pick him later but only teams i see making a deal to move up for Marcus from Oregon are the Jags and the Rams among the top 5 or 7 picks. maybe teams like the jets, buccs, or the titans would be antsy and pull the trigger for multiple future first rounders for the Qb they want.

I'm all for it because I want to go to the 3-4. It'd be great to sign BJ Raji and then put Leonard on the end....I think we'd honestly be a good defense next year if we did so.

Here's why I'd go OT.
My theory is that if you have momentum on something, ride it out.
Wisniewski ais a pretty good Center and it looks like Gabe Jackson might have been one of Reggie's better picks. Penn is a solid LT but he is not our LT of the future. You put those 3 together (Wisniewski, Jackson and Peat), kick Howard back out to tackle because Barnes and Menelik are trash.....now we're just left with finding a good RG in order to have one of the better, younger and more athletic O-lines in the NFL for now and the near future.

I'm still weary about picking an OT high in the first round. Plenty of them bust out. My Minnesota buddies can't stop crying about Matt Khalil. I'm also salty Robert Gallery never worked out as every freakin draft guru had him pegged as the next Tony Boselli.
Neddy
RealGM

Post#36 » by Neddy » Tue Oct 28, 2014 1:03 am

Quake Griffin wrote:I'm all for it because I want to go to the 3-4. It'd be great to sign BJ Raji and then put Leonard on the end....I think we'd honestly be a good defense next year if we did so.

Here's why I'd go OT.
My theory is that if you have momentum on something, ride it out.
Wisniewski ais a pretty good Center and it looks like Gabe Jackson might have been one of Reggie's better picks. Penn is a solid LT but he is not our LT of the future. You put those 3 together (Wisniewski, Jackson and Peat), kick Howard back out to tackle because Barnes and Menelik are trash.....now we're just left with finding a good RG in order to have one of the better, younger and more athletic O-lines in the NFL for now and the near future.

I'm still weary about picking an OT high in the first round. Plenty of them bust out. My Minnesota buddies can't stop crying about Matt Khalil. I'm also salty Robert Gallery never worked out as every freakin draft guru had him pegged as the next Tony Boselli.

yeah I am all for going 3-4 in todays NFL. and more importantly, we have guys that are built for that system. Mack, Sio, Woodley are 3-4 OLBs. Tuck, Smith, McGee, CJ, all seems to fit 3-4 better. and with have Justin Ellis who can come in and back up the NT position.

Im glad Wisnewski worked out for his uncle's sake. Steve Wisnewski was one of my favorite raiders of that era.

and i don't mind picking a OL high as long as we can fill the need on DL via FA. and getting more athletic OL seems to be the trend, as you say and we can really use some run blockers to help our run game, as Carr seems illusive enough to avoid sacks all on his own.
ehhhhh f it.
GoRapstheoriginal
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,759

Post#37 » by GoRapstheoriginal » Mon Nov 3, 2014 4:13 am

Hey guys, I'm back. My main/primary hard drive died & I got a new SSD. Still dealing with it though.

My 1 buddy is still asking me why am I still a Raiders fan...>><<(No worries I always will be so).

I am in it for the long haul, this is just so bloody frustrating. At this point I have pretty much reached apathy.

I do hope we win at least a game or two for goodness sakes. I hope we have a really good draft & offseason..
Neddy
RealGM

Post#38 » by Neddy » Mon Nov 3, 2014 5:47 am

GoRapstheoriginal wrote:Hey guys, I'm back. My main/primary hard drive died & I got a new SSD. Still dealing with it though.

My 1 buddy is still asking me why am I still a Raiders fan...>><<(No worries I always will be so).

I am in it for the long haul, this is just so bloody frustrating. At this point I have pretty much reached apathy.

I do hope we win at least a game or two for goodness sakes. I hope we have a really good draft & offseason..

we don't ever want a bandwagoner. either you are for good or you are out. that's how i see it.

and trust me, things will get better. I am about to turn 40 and a life time clipper fan. things DO get better.

in fact, the way we are playing competitively against quality teams like the Super Bowl champ SheHawks, I say we got a bright future to look forward to. with next year's draft as we are looking like about to get the #1 overall pick and first of every round, it can only help from what we already have.

the players I see as our pillars going forward are

Daivd Carr
Stefen Wisnewski
Marcel Reese
Gabe Jackson
Mychel Rivera
TJ Carrie
Benson Mayowa
Justin Ellis
Khalil Mack
Sio Moore
Marquette King

that's 11 players who are legit NFL players and young enough to grow a lot more. next year I hope we can add 4-5 players through draft to add to that list, then the rest can be filled via free agency and baby we will be competing in AFC West. just like the Cardinals coming out of nowhere to beat out the SheHawks and 69ers, we can do the same next year or year after. Im very positive about our future.
ehhhhh f it.
Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#39 » by Quake Griffin » Mon Nov 3, 2014 3:43 pm

Neddy wrote:
GoRapstheoriginal wrote:Hey guys, I'm back. My main/primary hard drive died & I got a new SSD. Still dealing with it though.

we don't ever want a bandwagoner. either you are for good or you are out. that's how i see it.

and trust me, things will get better. I am about to turn 40 and a life time clipper fan. things DO get better.

in fact, the way we are playing competitively against quality teams like the Super Bowl champ SheHawks, I say we got a bright future to look forward to. with next year's draft as we are looking like about to get the #1 overall pick and first of every round, it can only help from what we already have.

Daivd Carr
Stefen Wisnewski
Marcel Reese
Gabe Jackson
Mychel Rivera
TJ Carrie
Benson Mayowa
Justin Ellis
Khalil Mack
Sio Moore
Marquette King

that's 11 players who are legit NFL players and young enough to grow a lot more. next year I hope we can add 4-5 players through draft to add to that list, then the rest can be filled via free agency and baby we will be competing in AFC West. just like the Cardinals coming out of nowhere to beat out the SheHawks and 69ers, we can do the same next year or year after. Im very positive about our future.

I'm gonna get this out REAL early.

barring ANYMORE injury, we're going to realize that DJ Hayden was a really good pick for us in the 2013 draft.
He's taken a beating for struggling as a rookie and being injured. He is going to be a very good corner in this league.

Him and Carrie are going to be a problem for teams moving forward.
BARRING INJURY!
Neddy
RealGM

Post#40 » by Neddy » Tue Nov 4, 2014 3:25 am

Quake Griffin wrote:
Neddy wrote:

Daivd Carr
Stefen Wisnewski
Marcel Reese
Gabe Jackson
Mychel Rivera
TJ Carrie
Benson Mayowa
Justin Ellis
Khalil Mack
Sio Moore
Marquette King

I'm gonna get this out REAL early.

barring ANYMORE injury, we're going to realize that DJ Hayden was a really good pick for us in the 2013 draft.
He's taken a beating for struggling as a rookie and being injured. He is going to be a very good corner in this league.

Him and Carrie are going to be a problem for teams moving forward.
BARRING INJURY!

lol I originally had DJ on this list then took him out because of his injury concerns. he sure has the potential but as you said, will he stay healthy to be a pillar? I dunno.
ehhhhh f it.

Return to Las Vegas Raiders