Reggie McKenzie

Moderator: HMFFL

Quake Griffin
RealGM
And1: 4,640

Reggie McKenzie 

Post#1 » by Quake Griffin » Mon Dec 1, 2014 5:10 pm

Keep him or can him?
“I’ve always felt that drafting is the life blood of any organization.” - Jerome Alan West.
Neddy
RealGM
And1: 3,908

Re: Reggie McKenzie 

Post#2 » by Neddy » Tue Dec 2, 2014 1:08 am

keep him for the remaining duration of his contract, which i believe is 2 more after this season.

despite making this team looking like a JV club, and ultimately the architect of this 0-52 loss team to the Rams, he has done some great things, made some hard decisions that had to be made.

1. cleaned out the cap situation which had a death grip on us thanks to Al
2. stopped selling high picks for a trade so we can actually draft them.
3. only signed vets on short terms deals to fill the gap.
4. his picks are slowly showing some great signs. Mack/Carr/Gabe/TJ/Rivera/Sio/Watson/Murray have all shown positives and most of them are now starting. granted, we are thin on talent but not because of them.
5. he was a Raider.
6. coming into this situation, I am sure he was well aware of the reality, that it would take his entire 5 year contract to make this team worth something. first two was deconstruction, this year is the rock bottom, and the next two i where we build a dynasty. we have the QB. we seem to have the RB if he doesn't become a concussion prone player, we have a beast on defensive side now who may become a HOF when its all said and done in Mack. we need to draft WRs, CB, and DLs in next draft, then we can take a step forward to this rebuilding process.

and hire Jim Harbaugh when he gets canned from across the bay. let Tony Sparano stay on as our asst HC and OL Coach.
ehhhhh f it.
Quake Griffin
RealGM
And1: 4,640

Post#3 » by Quake Griffin » Wed Dec 3, 2014 12:17 am

I really want him to have another chance SOLELY because he didn't have a pick until late in the 3rd round in 2012….that was the 95th pick.

his drafts in 2013 and 2014 are pretty good…and he's a build from within guy.
i really don't want someone else that isn't proven manning the 2015 draft.
“I’ve always felt that drafting is the life blood of any organization.” - Jerome Alan West.
Neddy
RealGM

Post#4 » by Neddy » Fri Dec 5, 2014 11:40 pm

Quake Griffin wrote:I really want him to have another chance SOLELY because he didn't have a pick until late in the 3rd round in 2012….that was the 95th pick.

his drafts in 2013 and 2014 are pretty good…and he's a build from within guy.
i really don't want someone else that isn't proven manning the 2015 draft.

i say Mark Davis probably can't afford to pay Reggie not to work for him while hiring a bigger profile GM and a new coach. I think we should be okay.
ehhhhh f it.
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,006

Post#5 » by FNQ » Sun Dec 28, 2014 11:21 pm

Keep.. with Gruden remaining in the booth, no one obvious jumps out.
Neddy
RealGM

Post#6 » by Neddy » Mon Dec 29, 2014 1:29 am

FireNellieQuick wrote:Keep.. with Gruden remaining in the booth, no one obvious jumps out.

as much as i loved Jon, he was allegedly telling Mark Davis to draft Johhny Menziel in this year's draft for god's sake. I like him less as a GM than I do Doc for the clippers.
ehhhhh f it.
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,006

Post#7 » by FNQ » Tue Dec 30, 2014 2:12 am

lol well to be fair, he only saw the on-field results and didnt get the up close look a current coach would

But it seems apparent that Reggie is staying. It's time for us to take a big step forward, so let's see what he's got.

Return to Las Vegas Raiders