Aldon Smith suspended one year, will begin this week

Moderator: HMFFL

benchmobbin02
Veteran
And1: 364

Post#1 » by benchmobbin02 » Wed Nov 18, 2015 12:02 am

The NFL has suspended Raiders pass rusher Aldon Smith for one year for violation of the league's substance abuse policy as first reported by ESPN's Adam Schefter. The suspension stems from an incident last August that had the Santa Clara DA office file charges against him for DUI with prior, hit and run with property damage, and vandalism.

Well Twink, you were initially right. They sat him down for one year. I think he still may appeal it and get it dropped to 8 games or something but either way for right now he is done for the season. More bad news. Doesn't it seem like the NFL was waiting to see if we could be exciting and win some games before they dropped the hammer haha. I know it's tinfoil town stuff but just how a fan thinks.

He had 3 mil in base salary and roster bonus paid out already and got a Per Game Active Bonus of $250,000 on top of that. He is forfeiting the remaining $2,250,000 of 2015 salary. Don't ask me how it adds up. Taking the #s from Spotrac. Probably part of the base wasn't guaranteed.
MAKE IT MAKE SENSE!
benchmobbin02
Veteran

Re: Aldon Smith suspended one year, will begin this week 

Post#2 » by benchmobbin02 » Wed Nov 18, 2015 12:43 am

I'd like to see Max Valles get called up to get so run. He is raw but when he puts it together he has the attributes to be a young Aldon. Played the same position in college at Virgina and has the same body type (Smith 6'4 265 Valles 6'5 255). Give the young guy a chance and we can learn if we can mold him into an impact player across from Mack.
MAKE IT MAKE SENSE!
Twinkie defense
RealGM
And1: 1,082

Post#3 » by Twinkie defense » Wed Nov 18, 2015 3:08 am

Initially? :)
"I'm Decayed"
-Doug Moe, on what he would like on his tombstone
Twinkie defense
RealGM
And1: 1,082

Post#4 » by Twinkie defense » Wed Nov 18, 2015 3:14 am

Initially? :)

I think the pass rush is not substantially worse - Edwards Jr. have to say, he has looked pretty good. Aldon was strength on strength, and not the force he has been historically (always said he benefitted a lot from Cowboy - the other 9ers Smith). Nice to potentially have him in the back pocket to close out next season. Really have to shore up the defensive secondary though - I'm more worried about that than Aldon.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
"I'm Decayed"
-Doug Moe, on what he would like on his tombstone
benchmobbin02
Veteran

Re: Aldon Smith suspended one year, will begin this week 

Post#5 » by benchmobbin02 » Thu Nov 19, 2015 3:44 am

Im still hoping Max Valles gets a shot here in the next few games. He will let us stay in the same set and see if he can get some pressure in the QB.
MAKE IT MAKE SENSE!

Return to Las Vegas Raiders