Mock Offseason

Moderator: HMFFL

FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,007

Mock Offseason 

Post#1 » by FNQ » Sun Feb 21, 2016 1:31 am

Our current DC looks something like this (indicates FA)

QB: Carr / McGloin
HB: Murray / Helu / Taiwan
FB: Reece / Olawale
WR: Cooper / Crabtree / Roberts / Holmes / Streater
TE: Walford / Smith / Rivera
LT: (Penn) / (Barnes) / McCants
LG: G. Jackson / Feliciano
C: Hudson / (Bergstrom)
RG: (Webb) / Feliciano
RT: Menelik / A. Howard / McCants

LE: MEJ/Autry/(A. Smith)
DT: D. Williams/Jelly/McGee
RE: Mack/Mayowa/Harris
LOLB: Smith / Ball
ILB: Heeney / Lofton / Ball
OLB: Ball / (Alexander)

*note - our front 7 is extremely versatile and interchangeable, but I tried to put them where they played most

CB: Amerson / Carrie / Hayden / Thorpe / Dex / McGill
FS: N Allen / Asante
SS: T Mays

Ideally I would like to start going after some top tier FAs, and maybe even hitting on them. So for the first wave of FA:

Sign CB Trumaine Johnson for 4 years, 40m (22gtd)
Sign S Eric Weddle for 3 years, 17m (9gtd)
Sign G Brandon Brooks for 3 years, 18m (11m gtd)
Sign ILB DeMario Davis for 1 year, 5m

Re-sign Donald Penn for 2 years, 14m (8m gtd)
Re-sign Aldon Smith for 1 year, 8m (pro-rated)

Cut: Roy Helu (2m), Lee Smith (2.7m), Mychael Rivera (1.7m), Keith McGill (750k)
Allow UFAs Neiko Thorpe, Taylor Mays, Lorenzo Alexander, J'Marcus Webb, and Tony Bergstrom to walk

Round 1: Ezekiel Elliot, HB - I think Stanley is off the board here, and I don't want the CB leftovers of the 1st round. Clearly the best HB in the draft. Can form a legitimately lethal 1-2 punch with pending FA Latavius Murray
Round 2: Su'a Cravens, S/OLB - He might turn out to be better at OLB, but would be a homerun swing at SS. Could learn from vets Weddle and Allen, before he supplants both
Round 3: Spencer Drango, RT - A mauler of a run blocker. Not a great pass pro guy, but tools are there.
Round 4: KeiVarae Russell, CB - Undersized at less than 6', but a really good toolsy CB. High potential guy, just like Hayden was.
Round 4 (#2) - trade up using the Cowboys 5th and Colts 6th: Austin Hooper, TE. Local kid who projects to be a quality move TE

New DC:

QB: Carr / McGloin
HB: Elliot / Murray / Taiwan
FB: Reece / Olawale
WR: Cooper / Crabtree / Roberts / Holmes / Streater
TE: Walford / Hooper / G. Holmes
LT: Penn / M.Watson
LG: G. Jackson / Feliciano
C: Hudson / Feliciano
RG: B. Brooks / Feliciano / A.Howard
RT: M. Watson / Drango / A.Howard

LE: A.Smith / MEJ / Autry
DT: D. Williams / Jelly / McGee
RE: Mack / Mayowa / Harris
LOLB: M. Smith / Maowa
ILB: Heeney / Lofton / Ball
OLB: Ball / M.Smith / Cravens

CB: T Jackson / Amerson / Hayden / Dex
FS: Weddle / Allen / Asante
SS: Allen / Cravens

I think I'm way too optimistic re: FA, but that's a team I'd love to see. We'd still be lacking long-term solutions at LT, OLB, CB, and FS.. but I dont see a glaring weakness on the team.
Quake Griffin
RealGM
And1: 4,640

Re: Mock Offseason 

Post#2 » by Quake Griffin » Mon Feb 22, 2016 3:23 pm

FA signings:
Cordy Glenn….oddly enough, I wonder if Kelechi Osemele could handle being kicked out to LT. I'd roll the dice if Glenn is a no go. Need somebody younger than Penn there.
Mo Wilkerson
Trumaine Johnson

Draft:
1st: Stanley (he's dropping), Conklin.
2nd: Cravens
3rd: Karl Joseph

About as far as I can go in the draft.

Method behind the madness?
You have a chance to dominate in football, you take it. A front with MEJ, Dan Willy, Mo Wilkerson with Mack and Aldon rushing the passer can dominate a football game. It eats the run. It rushes the passer from all gaps/ angles. It makes everybody better….including Heeney isn't bad rushing the passer up the middle and the secondary.

Adds a young quality LT to our roster. You combine that with a Conklin and you have a mini-maker over on the O-line.
Example of what I mean by mini-makeover. We had no WRs before 2015. Sign Crab. Draft Coop. The WR part of our team went from a negative to a plus.

possible safety tandem as well in the 2nd or 3rd rounds?
Moreover, the presence of Nate Allen allows us to stagger them so they can develop and Cravens is incredibly versatile…Not sure whether I want him as safety or as LB…but having him would be a plus.
“I’ve always felt that drafting is the life blood of any organization.” - Jerome Alan West.

Return to Las Vegas Raiders