SF: Kevin Durant, KJ McDaniels, Perry Jones
PF: Serge Ibaka, Nick Collison, Robert Covington
Cc: Al Jefferson, Steven Adams, Kendrick Perkins, Mitch McGary
Aussiepiston1
Bench Warmer
And1: 278

Re: Official Philadelphia Eagles Discussion Thread 

Post#542 » by Aussiepiston1 » Sat Aug 16, 2014 10:27 am

Mark Sanchez could very easily step in if Foles gets hurt and our offense won't miss a beat! I'm happy Benn contributed and I'm not worried about the defense it's in a rebuilding phase and the boys started off slow last year too and picked it up as the season progressed plus it's preseason.
SJSF
Banned User
And1: 310

Post#543 » by SJSF » Sat Aug 16, 2014 10:24 pm

Zach Ertz and Jordan Mathews are legit.
ryst
Banned User
And1: 506

Post#544 » by ryst » Sat Aug 16, 2014 10:31 pm

Aussiepiston1 wrote:Mark Sanchez could very easily step in if Foles gets hurt and our offense won't miss a beat! I'm happy Benn contributed and I'm not worried about the defense it's in a rebuilding phase and the boys started off slow last year too and picked it up as the season progressed plus it's preseason.

as a Jets fan all I have to say is HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
SJSF
Banned User

Post#545 » by SJSF » Sun Aug 17, 2014 2:15 am

Mark Sanchez to me is too turnover prone. Nice backup type. But that's it.
Aussiepiston1
Bench Warmer
And1: 278

Post#546 » by Aussiepiston1 » Sun Aug 17, 2014 2:46 am

ryst wrote:
Aussiepiston1 wrote:Mark Sanchez could very easily step in if Foles gets hurt and our offense won't miss a beat! I'm happy Benn contributed and I'm not worried about the defense it's in a rebuilding phase and the boys started off slow last year too and picked it up as the season progressed plus it's preseason.

as a Jets fan all I have to say is HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I've watched plenty of Jets games mate and even the preseason game last week and this week, all I have to say is Rex Ryan is a crappy offensive coach IMO and I'm not saying Mark Sanchez is Tom Brady but I think under Chip Kelly He wouldn't be any worse off than Nick Foles. Bash away all you want and laugh as hard as you want :wink:
SJSF
Banned User

Post#547 » by SJSF » Sun Aug 17, 2014 5:50 pm

Jets really didn't do much for putting weapons around him. Defense and a run game was how they were built.
HeartBreaking
Starter
And1: 2,313

Post#548 » by HeartBreaking » Mon Aug 18, 2014 7:28 pm

Aussiepiston1 wrote:
ryst wrote:

I've watched plenty of Jets games mate and even the preseason game last week and this week, all I have to say is Rex Ryan is a crappy offensive coach IMO and I'm not saying Mark Sanchez is Tom Brady but I think under Chip Kelly He wouldn't be any worse off than Nick Foles. Bash away all you want and laugh as hard as you want :wink:

I agree the only thing that could benefit or hurt sanchez is the guy got some cahonez. The dude likes to gun sling and make hadty decisions. But hes never played with a back like mccoy, and the players at the skill positions sucked on his team. I think we still win the division with the sanchize as our qb. Foles is great because he has good decision making and protects the ball, or atleast thats what he showed last year. But i still don't see him cleaning up his sack eating ways. Anyways we shall see what happens.

Only sheep will bash mark sanchez like crazy and act like he sucks. Well, he doesn't.
PaulieWal wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:He's going to get fined by the league for that. Marv Albert was actually saying don't do that, don't do that. Meanwhile half the audience was thinking Marv should know.

That's Kevin Harlan.
JordanMars
Bench Warmer
And1: 161

Post#549 » by JordanMars » Wed Aug 20, 2014 5:57 am

Jordan Matthews will win ROY
Nerlens Noel = 2014-2015 rookie of the year
ryst
Banned User
And1: 506

Post#550 » by ryst » Wed Aug 20, 2014 6:17 am

HeartBreaking wrote:
Aussiepiston1 wrote:
ryst wrote:

I agree the only thing that could benefit or hurt sanchez is the guy got some cahonez. The dude likes to gun sling and make hadty decisions. But hes never played with a back like mccoy, and the players at the skill positions sucked on his team. I think we still win the division with the sanchize as our qb. Foles is great because he has good decision making and protects the ball, or atleast thats what he showed last year. But i still don't see him cleaning up his sack eating ways. Anyways we shall see what happens.

Only sheep will bash mark sanchez like crazy and act like he sucks. Well, he doesn't.

I have watched most of Sanchez games in USC and all his games with the Jets.

he is a terrible QB , I said that from day one of him with the Jets.
go check his stats , guy in his fourth year keep on passing high to the middle of the field
passes screen passes to the hands of defensive linemen
and at the hint of pressure curl into himself and cry
Sanchez has ZERO football awareness , cant see the blitz coming and from where , doesn't know how to change protection
Sanchez was lucky he had Nick Mangold as center who change the protection for him because Sanchez is an idiot
he has zero QB IQ.
he has good physical tools but his brain is full of bird poop
76ersfan
Pro Prospect
And1: 205

Post#551 » by 76ersfan » Wed Aug 20, 2014 9:38 pm

Bump. Can anyone tell me about the new kicker??
Long Live Sam Hinkie :D
76ersfan
Pro Prospect
And1: 205

Post#552 » by 76ersfan » Wed Aug 20, 2014 9:39 pm

I am hoping he is good. I have had enough of Alex Henery.
Long Live Sam Hinkie :D
Agnostifarian
Veteran
And1: 705

Post#553 » by Agnostifarian » Thu Aug 21, 2014 7:46 pm

Gentlemen,

Please excuse the interruption but this doesn't warrant it's own thread. I just created a PPR fantasy football league on ESPN. Anyone interested can sign up at the link:

http://games.espn.go.com/ffl/tools/join ... eKey=46239

The lineup is: QB, RB, 2WR, TE, 2 FLEX (RB,WR,TE), D/ST, K. So, the "2nd RB" is replaced by a 2nd FLEX.

Notable other deviations from standard PPR are QBs get 6 pts for TD passes. All players get bonus points for TDs over 40 yds as well as additional pts for eclipsing 100 or 200 total yd marks. D/STs score like RBs and WRs so draft appropriately.

This is a pretty good exercise in value based drafting if you're into that sort of thing. The snake draft is scheduled for 8:00 pm on Sunday, 8/24. Draft order will be established one hour prior to the draft.

Sorry to interrupt. Please continue...
“This may be one of the best jobs in basketball right now,” Colangelo said at a press conference introducing him as the new GM of the 76ers after Sam Hinkie resigned.
Phila Tough
Head Coach
And1: 2,854

Post#554 » by Phila Tough » Fri Aug 22, 2014 8:15 pm

76ersfan wrote:I am hoping he is good. I have had enough of Alex Henery.

Henery has one more year to prove his worth. He looked solid last night.
MCtripDub
Pro Prospect
And1: 254
Location: Manila, Philippines: Home of Team Gilas Pilipinas #Puso

Post#555 » by MCtripDub » Sat Aug 30, 2014 2:04 am

Terrelle Pryor just got released by the hawks. Chip loves athletic and versatile players right?.....

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums mobile app
Help a fellow Sixer fan out! Please drop by http://nbadraftaddict.tumblr.com/ :D

Thanks! #TogetherWeBuild

MCtripDub
Pro Prospect
And1: 254
Location: Manila, Philippines: Home of Team Gilas Pilipinas #Puso

Post#556 » by MCtripDub » Wed Sep 3, 2014 1:57 am

If this doesn't get you pumped up, idk what will. FLY EAGLES FLY

http://vimeo.com/105044491
Help a fellow Sixer fan out! Please drop by http://nbadraftaddict.tumblr.com/ :D

Thanks! #TogetherWeBuild

GoSixersBro
Head Coach
And1: 2,476

Post#557 » by GoSixersBro » Sun Sep 7, 2014 4:37 pm

GAME DAY

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGGJYDOvds4[/youtube]
Here Lies The Process
May 13, 2013 - April 6, 2016
GoSixersBro
Head Coach
And1: 2,476

Post#558 » by GoSixersBro » Sun Sep 7, 2014 8:29 pm

After trailing 0-17 at halftime, the Birds score 34 unanswered points and take the W over Jacksonville in week one.
Here Lies The Process
May 13, 2013 - April 6, 2016
MCDubbin
Junior
And1: 547

Post#559 » by MCDubbin » Sun Sep 7, 2014 10:17 pm

This was such an eagles game.
Embiid P
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,070

Post#560 » by Embiid P » Mon Sep 8, 2014 12:09 am

Terrible first half to today's game, but great second half, even if it was against the Jags. Hopefully Foles got his bad game out of his system, otherwise they won't be able to come back against better teams.

Return to Philadelphia Eagles